Ron Paul vs. Herman Cain: An Analysis

Who Is Better?

• Total voters
Ron Paul is a loon. He's a waste of time. He's a waste of his supporters money. He will never be elected. Thank god!

Case closed, friggin' PERIOD!

Wow, what a strong and convincing argument supported by evidence and valid reasoning! Not.

If you want to come to such a conclusion and declare "case closed," you'd better have some good arguments to back it up. So far you have presented zero.

Notice what I mean of how radical and crazy the Ron Paul supporters are? One look at the name "Ron Paul" and they rush to the thread to vote in the poll immediatly. However, slowly, Cain is catching up as more and less enthusiastic people vote in the poll. Its almost an obsession to the point of Obama hero worship.
You need to seriously look at the core of his supporters.............Young, misguided high school and college students, with a large number of twoofers.

So you vote for status quo republicans rather than Ron Paul because you don't like the image of Ron Paul supporters and don't want that image yourself?

Okie dokie, makes perfect sense...............................................

Lets review what I said.

The only thing turining me away from candidates such as Ron Paul aside from some minor details is how crazy and irrational his radical supporters are.

See. Your emotional support for Ron has clouded your ability to comprehend english and aknowledge the truth of what I said. Is there anything else I need to prove about Ron Paul supporters?

You're missing the point. It doesn't matter whether it's your only reason or one of your many reasons, it shouldn't be a reason AT ALL because it is a logically fallacious position to oppose an idea or person based on your opposition to its proponents. Now do you get it?

Sure it is. Its hard to defend a man who has a hard corps nut job base. I will not involve myself in that culture. A coultre so messed up that it hurts the candidate himself. A culture that preaches a set of extreamly reasonable and enlightening principles yet acts in the exact opposit. There are words and then theres actions. Yes, these guys look like the champions of liberty.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5rJI5e0jBU]YouTube - ‪Ron Paul supporters chase Hannity‬‏[/ame]

Last edited:
Ron Paul is a loon. He's a waste of time. He's a waste of his supporters money. He will never be elected. Thank god!

Wow, what a strong and convincing argument supported by evidence and valid reasoning! Not.

If you want to come to such a conclusion and declare "case closed," you'd better have some good arguments to back it up. So far you have presented zero.

Listen to the man speak........It becomes quite clear........He's a loon.

It's quite obvious somebody snuck in long ago and tossed a few Fruit Loops into his Cheerios.

Yes I like his domestic policy. However veterans like you and I know that his foreign policy is full of shit.
His foreign policy is downright dangerous.

Also, there is no way to even imagine him sitting down with world leaders and being taken seriously.

Paul makes Perot and Nader look sane.

Yes, how dangerous it is to have a President who will end all wars and save the all the lives of our living troops! Please. You want a President who spares the lives of thousands of American soldiers and innocent middle eastern civilians? You really think we should keep our 700 military bases in 120 countries across the world?

Assuming you support foreign policy contrary to RP, sounds like you support the dangerous policies, not Paul. RP would refrain from doing things that agitate other countries and refrain from invading other countries.

Geo, leave it be for now. You have real conservatives like us, and neoconservatives like those making childish insults and saying warmongering is the only way to keep us safe.

There's a reason why Publius STARTED his argument against Ron Paul based on insults. There's crazies in every party, in every methodology of thinking, yet he wants to pretend there's only those in the Ron Paul support crowd.

People like him aren't going to change their mind, he came into this thread with a pile of assumptions in his head, none of them were proven true, yet he's not going to change his assumption he's going to twist and spin things in order to fit his previously erroneously made assumptions.

Listen to the man speak........It becomes quite clear........He's a loon.

It's quite obvious somebody snuck in long ago and tossed a few Fruit Loops into his Cheerios.

Yes, I've listened to him speak and he destroys everyone he debates. He has read up on the material and has great knowledge of socio-political philosophy and economic theory.

Who says they are the same. Good strawman to get into you're premise. But let's exam you assertions/interpretations to which you provide to proof or links on!

Federal Reserve

Herman Cain: Supports enslaving us through the Federal Reserve banking system by making us slaves to a valueless currency. He supposedly believes in the gold-standard and personal freedom, but these are contradictory to the existence of the Federal Reserve. Perhaps his position on this has to do with the fact that he has worked for a branch of the Federal Reserve.

Ron Paul: Will abolish the Federal Reserve, go back to sound money, and free us from the rigged monetary system who's strings are pulled by the Fed, aka international private bankers.
I love how people say the gold standard the gold standard. That is the key, yet they have no idea whether it will work or not. Ronnie worked as a doctor, Herman Cain worked in the Federal Reverse of KC. I think he know a ton more about banking then Ronnie. He was also CEO of a few companies he brought back from the dead. Ronnie, pretty much a career politician!

Sorry but I will go with Cain interpretation here, instead of Ronnie's talk points for the crazies.

Not to mention, the attack adds against Ronnie. He would get creamed in the generals on this point!

Drug War

Herman Cain: Wants to enslave millions of Americans by supporting the Drug War. The Drug War which involves the CIA importing drugs to the U.S. and then arresting people for using them, and then benefit from the profits of the privately owned prison system of the U.S. The U.S. has the largest prison population in the world thanks to those who support the fascist, authoritarian Drug War against a free people.

Ron Paul: Will abolish the Drug War, release all non-violent drug criminals from prison, and legalize all drugs and let states deal with regulation.
I need more proof on Ronnie's side, but do you really think running on ending the war on drugs will win a general election. NOPE, Willie Horton! No I don't support the war on drugs, esp not the war on pot!

Foreign Policy

Herman Cain: Supports Israel, a country that bombs innocent civilians in Palestine. Herman Cain has not opposed our occupation in 120 countries nor has he opposed the wars. He has made no mention of bringing our troops home. He said that we went there to win and wants us to stay until we do, unless we have no chance. He doesn't mind the fact that thousands of our men have died in unjustified wars. Cain does not oppose us spending billions of dollars on wars and he doesn't seem to oppose the billions and billions of dollars we waste on foreign aid to other countries which don't benefit us one bit. He doesn't mind us being the policemen of the world either.

Ron Paul
: End all wars, withdraw all troops, and end all intervention in other countries. Opposes foreign aid. Ron Paul says "I don't think there's an authority to take money from poor people in this country and give it to rich dictators around the world. That's what foreign aid's all about. And it's also a big assistance to the military industrial complex." He opposes the U.S. policing the world.
Way to put your disingenious spin. Neg! No reason to keep going on it. First, foreign aid makes up less that 1/2 of 1 percent (bad typo) the federal budget. That mean all foreign aid to all countries, the fight against AIDS in Africa etc. It's a talking point. Pork spending is larger, but a PORKER like Ronnie wouldn't want to get rid of that, since he takes and approves a lot of pork!

Marriage

Herman Cain: Supports the government dictating people's marriage life and discriminates against gays.

Ron Paul: Says the government should stay out of marriage and people's personal lives altogether and should let marriage be left as a religious function as it truly is. He says people can do what they want and call it what they want. There should be no law that merely defines a word. That's absurd.
Gays can get married anywhere, they just can't get legally married. Read between the lines, Ronnie wants to get rid of all marriage rights. Tax benefits etc. Gays wouldn't be any better off, neither would married families!

Social Security

Herman Cain: Wants to keep government run Social Security which involves the government taking all of our SS trust fund money and spending all of it on other stuff, most likely slaughtering people in other countries, and then there will be no more funds for the people's whose money was stolen by the tax system.

Ron Paul: Wants to privatize Social Security so that irresponsible government can't waste all of our funds without being accountable. A privatized system would ensure that people get their money, just like private car insurance is reliable and accountable.
Liar, Cain wants to reform SS. Saying you want to privatize SS isn't going to win you any votes. Even though going the Chilean way is the best thing.

Ronnie wants to eliminate SS, much different than privatizing it. Privatizing it, like Chile, forces people to put 10% aside in private company funds. Ron say fuck it get rid of it and allow people to invest or not invest. Guess what Ronnie that doesn't work. The youth don't see the light at the end of the tunnel and they won't invest in great numbers and eventually when they can't work we will have a crisis. Stupid fucking plan!

Taxes and IRS

Herman Cain: Supports the "Fair Tax." More like the "unfair tax." He also doesn't appear to oppose the IRS.

Ron Paul
: Will go to a Flat Tax and abolish the IRS.
You say the Fair Tax doesn't work, because you are a retard. Its the only way to give our corporations an advantage in the world market and the IRS being eliminated is the central aspect of the fair tax.

Flat tax only sounds good in theory, but its never going to happen. Ronnie's flat tax idea would eventually lower TAXES on the upper class drastically, but raise TAXES on the middle class drastically. Not a good thing when you try to grow the economy!

Immigration

Herman Cain: Believes in wasting money on securing the border. Takes a strong stance against illegal immigration.

Ron Paul: This would be a non-issue if we were implementing the right economic policies in the first place. Does not support wasting money on securing the border.
Because secure the border is bad, douche bag. Ronnie doesn't want to do squat. He won't mandate everify, he will forbide company raids, he won't allow company audits and he won't punish business and landlords at ALL. He would the the illegals dream! He is worse than anyone on illegal immigration in probably the history of they country.

Cain wants everify, fence at the border, raids on corporations, punishment against businesses and landlords, guest worker programs etc. He is for America, Ronnie is well for the illegals!

Civil Liberties

Herman Cain
: Claims to support liberty, but his policies say otherwise. I haven't heard him mention once that he'd restore our civil liberties. He uses the word in his rhetoric, but he never claims how he will do it. I don't see him opposing the Patriot Act or the Cybersecurity Act. By the looks of it, he supports the same ol' status quo which has resulted in the enslavement of the whole population of America.

Ron Paul: Will repeal the Patriot Act. Eliminate Cybersecurity Act which would destroy all of our Internet freedoms and the little privacy we have left. Ron Paul's number one priority is to get our liberties back from the stranglehold of the authoritarian dictatorship we call a "democratic government."

You haven't heard Cain say what he is for, including Afghanistan, because he says he isn't privy to the intelligence yet (for the most part neither is Ronnie), hasn't talked to his advisors and would make those decisions when he is elected.

Ronnie on the other hand would make America the most vulnerable Western nation in the world. You can almost guarantee multiple larger 9/11 (even a nuclear 9/11) on his watch. Then he will say his blowback theory was incorrect.

Remember Ronnie also wants to get rid of the FBI, CIA, DHLS, ICE etc. He would be a gift to terrorists, organized crime, Cartels, drug dealers (sorry, but the President alone can't repeal the war on drugs and Congress R or D isn't going to do that), bank robbers and criminals in general!

Radical Paul should good to the nuts, but if you really look at what he is proposing he is scary!

Last edited:
Yes I like his domestic policy. However veterans like you and I know that his foreign policy is full of shit.

Also, there is no way to even imagine him sitting down with world leaders and being taken seriously.

Yes, how dangerous it is to have a President who will end all wars and save the all the lives of our living troops! Please. You want a President who spares the lives of thousands of American soldiers and innocent middle eastern civilians? You really think we should keep our 700 military bases in 120 countries across the world?

Assuming you support foreign policy contrary to RP, sounds like you support the dangerous policies, not Paul. RP would refrain from doing things that agitate other countries and refrain from invading other countries.

I'm not sure is funnier you speaking the talking points or you believing them. Pray tell how is he going to stop all wars or our involvement in those war's when war's are of strategic importance to our nation.

The others are right Paul seems like a nice guy but his followers are completely nut's he will never be elected what's this make try #4?

Kansas city federal reserve chairman Herman Cain SUPPORTS Ron Paul and auditing the fed -
YouTube - ‪Herman Cain talks about the Federal Reserve‬‏

Kansas city federal reserve chairman Herman Cain AGAINST Ron Paul and auditing the fed -
YouTube - ‪No Need To Audit the Federal Reserve According to Herman Cain‬‏

Ron Paul FTW!

The smear campaign of this thread is becoming more and more apparent. First immigration and now the fed. It just goes to show you how unobjective this analysis is and how radical Ron Paul supporters distort the truth to acheive what I beleive to be an honerable objective. But they are so radical in the way they go about it they turn alot of people away. Honesty and a cool demeanor would go a long way for those who support Ron Paul. But they see how little of a chance he has, they get furious, and act compleatly irrational, ruining their chances further. The only thing turining me away from candidates such as Ron Paul aside from some minor details is how crazy and irrational his radical supporters are. Thats not my crowd.

Don't be such a loyalist. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalist_(American_Revolution)

Ron Paul is the worst politician out there on illegal immigration and the includes Luis Guterriz. If you are going to do nothing against the employers, rather protect the employers with vigor, then you are not securing the border!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3601970-post1.html

Agree with the OP on just about everything but I'm going to nitpick on one thing, Ron Paul is big on border security and I agree with him.

Border Security

1.Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.

I'm not sure is funnier you speaking the talking points or you believing them. Pray tell how is he going to stop all wars or our involvement in those war's when war's are of strategic importance to our nation.

The others are right Paul seems like a nice guy but his followers are completely nut's he will never be elected what's this make try #4?
I want to know what the hell he is going to do once he closes those bases and the shit hits the fan.......What's he going to do when many of our Allies see their borders being over run by communist regimes, and the downright crazy friggin' extremists?

The man is a loon.

One thing about his supporters....They go for the sounds good, feels good rhetoric, while completely ignoring the realities.

Ron Pauls official camapign slogan:

HOOKERS AND CRACK FOR EVERYBODY!......HOOOOODY HOOOOOOO!

Kansas city federal reserve chairman Herman Cain SUPPORTS Ron Paul and auditing the fed -
YouTube - ‪Herman Cain talks about the Federal Reserve‬‏

Kansas city federal reserve chairman Herman Cain AGAINST Ron Paul and auditing the fed -
YouTube - ‪No Need To Audit the Federal Reserve According to Herman Cain‬‏

Ron Paul FTW!

The smear campaign of this thread is becoming more and more apparent. First immigration and now the fed. It just goes to show you how unobjective this analysis is and how radical Ron Paul supporters distort the truth to acheive what I beleive to be an honerable objective. But they are so radical in the way they go about it they turn alot of people away. Honesty and a cool demeanor would go a long way for those who support Ron Paul. But they see how little of a chance he has, they get furious, and act compleatly irrational, ruining their chances further. The only thing turining me away from candidates such as Ron Paul aside from some minor details is how crazy and irrational his radical supporters are. Thats not my crowd.

Don't be such a loyalist. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalist_(American_Revolution)

I rest my case. The equivocation you just made is all I need.

I want to know what the hell he is going to do once he closes those bases and the shit hits the fan.......What's he going to do when many of our Allies see their borders being over run by communist regimes, and the downright crazy friggin' extremists?

The man is a loon.

One thing about his supporters....They go for the sounds good, feels good rhetoric, while completely ignoring the realities.

Ron Pauls official camapign slogan:

HOOKERS AND CRACK FOR EVERYBODY!......HOOOOODY HOOOOOOO!

I kinda agree with Ron Paul in that regard. If you want to fuck up your own life you should be allowed to. Doesent affect me none other than making it easeyer for me to advance myself among a buch of crackheads. I have only one question for Paul. If everyone can do drugs how can you test for driving under the influince being that drugs remain in your system for months at a time?

I have noticed that many people support Herman Cain, even supposed Ron Paul supporters and some have suggested that they run together. Bad idea. These candidates are nowhere near the same.

Herman Cain exposed and why Ron Paul is better:

Federal Reserve

Herman Cain: Supports enslaving us through the Federal Reserve banking system by making us slaves to a valueless currency. He supposedly believes in the gold-standard and personal freedom, but these are contradictory to the existence of the Federal Reserve. Perhaps his position on this has to do with the fact that he has worked for a branch of the Federal Reserve.

Ron Paul: Will abolish the Federal Reserve, go back to sound money, and free us from the rigged monetary system who's strings are pulled by the Fed, aka international private bankers.

Drug War

Herman Cain: Wants to enslave millions of Americans by supporting the Drug War. The Drug War which involves the CIA importing drugs to the U.S. and then arresting people for using them, and then benefit from the profits of the privately owned prison system of the U.S. The U.S. has the largest prison population in the world thanks to those who support the fascist, authoritarian Drug War against a free people.

Ron Paul: Will abolish the Drug War, release all non-violent drug criminals from prison, and legalize all drugs and let states deal with regulation.

Foreign Policy

Herman Cain: Supports Israel, a country that bombs innocent civilians in Palestine. Herman Cain has not opposed our occupation in 120 countries nor has he opposed the wars. He has made no mention of bringing our troops home. He said that we went there to win and wants us to stay until we do, unless we have no chance. He doesn't mind the fact that thousands of our men have died in unjustified wars. Cain does not oppose us spending billions of dollars on wars and he doesn't seem to oppose the billions and billions of dollars we waste on foreign aid to other countries which don't benefit us one bit. He doesn't mind us being the policemen of the world either.

Ron Paul
: End all wars, withdraw all troops, and end all intervention in other countries. Opposes foreign aid. Ron Paul says "I don't think there's an authority to take money from poor people in this country and give it to rich dictators around the world. That's what foreign aid's all about. And it's also a big assistance to the military industrial complex." He opposes the U.S. policing the world.

Marriage

Herman Cain: Supports the government dictating people's marriage life and discriminates against gays.

Ron Paul: Says the government should stay out of marriage and people's personal lives altogether and should let marriage be left as a religious function as it truly is. He says people can do what they want and call it what they want. There should be no law that merely defines a word. That's absurd.

Social Security

Herman Cain: Wants to keep government run Social Security which involves the government taking all of our SS trust fund money and spending all of it on other stuff, most likely slaughtering people in other countries, and then there will be no more funds for the people's whose money was stolen by the tax system.

Ron Paul: Wants to privatize Social Security so that irresponsible government can't waste all of our funds without being accountable. A privatized system would ensure that people get their money, just like private car insurance is reliable and accountable.

Taxes and IRS

Herman Cain: Supports the "Fair Tax." More like the "unfair tax." He also doesn't appear to oppose the IRS.

Ron Paul
: Will go to a Flat Tax and abolish the IRS.

Immigration

Herman Cain: Believes in wasting money on securing the border. Takes a strong stance against illegal immigration.

Ron Paul: This would be a non-issue if we were implementing the right economic policies in the first place. Does not support wasting money on securing the border.

Civil Liberties

Herman Cain
: Claims to support liberty, but his policies say otherwise. I haven't heard him mention once that he'd restore our civil liberties. He uses the word in his rhetoric, but he never claims how he will do it. I don't see him opposing the Patriot Act or the Cybersecurity Act. By the looks of it, he supports the same ol' status quo which has resulted in the enslavement of the whole population of America.

Ron Paul: Will repeal the Patriot Act. Eliminate Cybersecurity Act which would destroy all of our Internet freedoms and the little privacy we have left. Ron Paul's number one priority is to get our liberties back from the stranglehold of the authoritarian dictatorship we call a "democratic government."

What I see here is your opinion. What I don't see here is any credible evidence that would prove your point of view. Just because you say it doesn't make it so. Unless you have credible evidence then your post is to be considered just bunch bloviated hyperbole. :up:

...always remember that when you vote in a primary for a person that has no chance you are taking a potential vote away for the next best thing that does have a chance.
Which is perhaps the biggest reason I would also be reluctant to support Cain.

In the end, unless there is a shocker like Rubio or Chritie getting into it. I see the race boiling down Bachmann and Romney.

Bachmann scares me, but I love Romney.

However, I vote for who I like best and GoCain is my man!

Ron Paul is the worst politician out there on illegal immigration and the includes Luis Guterriz. If you are going to do nothing against the employers, rather protect the employers with vigor, then you are not securing the border!

Agree with the OP on just about everything but I'm going to nitpick on one thing, Ron Paul is big on border security and I agree with him.

Border Security

1.Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.

It's not the job of the business to enforce the law, it's the job of government to do that.

...always remember that when you vote in a primary for a person that has no chance you are taking a potential vote away for the next best thing that does have a chance.
Which is perhaps the biggest reason I would also be reluctant to support Cain.

In the end, unless there is a shocker like Rubio or Chritie getting into it. I see the race boiling down Bachmann and Romney.

Bachmann scares me, but I love Romney.

However, I vote for who I like best and GoCain is my man!
I see Cain more suited for a possible VP role.

Border Security

It's not the job of the business to enforce the law, it's the job of government to do that.

That thinking might work in your head, but it doesn't in reality. Everify is the govenrment enforcing the law. Ronnie won't allow the government to do their job!

Forum List

Back