Ron Paul vs. Herman Cain: An Analysis

Who Is Better?

• Total voters
Kansas city federal reserve chairman Herman Cain SUPPORTS Ron Paul and auditing the fed -
YouTube - ‪Herman Cain talks about the Federal Reserve‬‏

Kansas city federal reserve chairman Herman Cain AGAINST Ron Paul and auditing the fed -
YouTube - ‪No Need To Audit the Federal Reserve According to Herman Cain‬‏

Ron Paul FTW!

The smear campaign of this thread is becoming more and more apparent. First immigration and now the fed. It just goes to show you how unobjective this analysis is and how radical Ron Paul supporters distort the truth to acheive what I beleive to be an honerable objective. But they are so radical in the way they go about it they turn alot of people away. Honesty and a cool demeanor would go a long way for those who support Ron Paul. But they see how little of a chance he has, they get furious, and act compleatly irrational, ruining their chances further. The only thing turining me away from candidates such as Ron Paul aside from some minor details is how crazy and irrational his radical supporters are. Thats not my crowd.

So you vote for status quo republicans rather than Ron Paul because you don't like the image of Ron Paul supporters and don't want that image yourself?

Okie dokie, makes perfect sense...............................................

PHP:
Cain obviously can't be "defended" from a libertarian viewpoint because he's not a libertarian. I'm unaware of Cain supporters claiming he is a libertarian. I would be curious to know how libertarians contrast their two self-described libertarian candidates in the Republican primary. How about Ron Paul versus Gary Johnson?

Cain, beleive it or not, is as close to libritarianism as there going to get when you take in to consideration that Ron Paul has zero chance of winning.

Is that why Ron Paul is leading nearly every poll, raises the most money, and has more media appearances than Herman Cain? Ron Paul probably has more than quadruple the supporters than Herman Cain.

And whether the media wants to admit it or not, RP is the front runner.

This is what I mean. objective analysis huh? Ron Paul isnt going to get the nomination. Sure, I like Ron Paul and have very few differences in opinion with his policies but there is no way he is going to get the nomination. And his radical supporters that act out of emotion driven by the fact that he isnt going to win only make those that look at him closer less likely to support him. There are some crazy Ron Paul wacko's out there. Not the policies! But their attitudes! And that hurts Ron! You have been proven false on yout analysis of Cain on two accounts. Immigration and the Fed. How far are you going to go in smearing the closest to a libritarian candedate that your going to get?

PHP:
Cain, beleive it or not, is as close to libritarianism as there going to get when you take in to consideration that Ron Paul has zero chance of winning.

Is that why Ron Paul is leading nearly every poll, raises the most money, and has more media appearances than Herman Cain? Ron Paul probably has more than quadruple the supporters than Herman Cain.

This is what I mean. objective analysis huh? Ron Paul isnt going to get the nomination. Sure, I like Ron Paul and have very few differences in opinion with his policies but there is no way he is going to get the nomination. And his radical supporters that act out of emotion driven by the fact that he isnt going to win only make those that look at him closer less likely to support him. There are some crazy Ron Paul wacko's out there. Not the policies! But their attitudes! And that hurts Ron! You have been proven false on yout analysis of Cain on two accounts. Immigration and the Fed. How far are you going to go in smearing the closest to a libritarian candedate that your going to get?

What you are suggesting then is to vote for the lesser of two evils, but I do not want to vote for ANY evil, period. If you like Ron Paul, then vote Ron Paul. So many Ron Paul supporters out there will write in his name if we have to. ALL of the candidates have radical supporters. Some of them are impostors to make it look like those people are crazy as well. Stop watching your television and biased media crap then.

Kansas city federal reserve chairman Herman Cain SUPPORTS Ron Paul and auditing the fed -
YouTube - ‪Herman Cain talks about the Federal Reserve‬‏

Kansas city federal reserve chairman Herman Cain AGAINST Ron Paul and auditing the fed -
YouTube - ‪No Need To Audit the Federal Reserve According to Herman Cain‬‏

Ron Paul FTW!

The smear campaign of this thread is becoming more and more apparent. First immigration and now the fed. It just goes to show you how unobjective this analysis is and how radical Ron Paul supporters distort the truth to acheive what I beleive to be an honerable objective. But they are so radical in the way they go about it they turn alot of people away. Honesty and a cool demeanor would go a long way for those who support Ron Paul. But they see how little of a chance he has, they get furious, and act compleatly irrational, ruining their chances further. The only thing turining me away from candidates such as Ron Paul aside from some minor details is how crazy and irrational his radical supporters are. Thats not my crowd.

So you vote for status quo republicans rather than Ron Paul because you don't like the image of Ron Paul supporters and don't want that image yourself?

Lets review what I said.

The only thing turining me away from candidates such as Ron Paul aside from some minor details is how crazy and irrational his radical supporters are.

See. Your emotional support for Ron has clouded your ability to comprehend english and aknowledge the truth of what I said. Is there anything else I need to prove about Ron Paul supporters?

PHP:

What you are suggesting then is to vote for the lesser of two evils, but I do not want to vote for ANY evil, period. If you like Ron Paul, then vote Ron Paul. So many Ron Paul supporters out there will write in his name if we have to. ALL of the candidates have radical supporters. Some of them are impostors to make it look like those people are crazy as well. Stop watching your television and biased media crap then.

Your talking about the principle of compromise. Not in the sense that we know it today but the sense that Ayn Rand explained it. I understand what your getting at. You dont compromise with evil. So vote for Paul then. And when he doesent win the primaries ensure that you vote for the lesser of two evils in the general election. However, always remember that when you vote in a primary for a person that has no chance you are taking a potential vote away for the next best thing that does have a chance. Enjoy the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
100% of republican voters (obviously not the case, speaking hypothetically) could support Ron Paul and every stance he has and the RNC still wouldn't let him run for president.
Oh please. How could the Republican National Committee prevent any candidate who wins every primary election with 100% of the vote from getting the nomination? Get real. Paul won't win the nomination because he doesn't appeal enough to the electorate, plain and simple.

Lets review what I said.

The only thing turining me away from candidates such as Ron Paul aside from some minor details is how crazy and irrational his radical supporters are.

See. Your emotional support for Ron has clouded your ability to comprehend english and aknowledge the truth of what I said. Is there anything else I need to prove about Ron Paul supporters?

Lol you spend line after line on the image of Ron Paul supporters and I'm supposed to ONLY put credence that you won't vote for him because of "minor details"?

Need I say anything else about status quo republican voters?

I have noticed that many people support Herman Cain, even supposed Ron Paul supporters and some have suggested that they run together. Bad idea. These candidates are nowhere near the same.

Herman Cain exposed and why Ron Paul is better:

Federal Reserve

Herman Cain: Supports enslaving us through the Federal Reserve banking system by making us slaves to a valueless currency. He supposedly believes in the gold-standard and personal freedom, but these are contradictory to the existence of the Federal Reserve. Perhaps his position on this has to do with the fact that he has worked for a branch of the Federal Reserve.

Ron Paul: Will abolish the Federal Reserve, go back to sound money, and free us from the rigged monetary system who's strings are pulled by the Fed, aka international private bankers.

Drug War

Herman Cain: Wants to enslave millions of Americans by supporting the Drug War. The Drug War which involves the CIA importing drugs to the U.S. and then arresting people for using them, and then benefit from the profits of the privately owned prison system of the U.S. The U.S. has the largest prison population in the world thanks to those who support the fascist, authoritarian Drug War against a free people.

Ron Paul: Will abolish the Drug War, release all non-violent drug criminals from prison, and legalize all drugs and let states deal with regulation.

Foreign Policy

Herman Cain: Supports Israel, a country that bombs innocent civilians in Palestine. Herman Cain has not opposed our occupation in 120 countries nor has he opposed the wars. He has made no mention of bringing our troops home. He said that we went there to win and wants us to stay until we do, unless we have no chance. He doesn't mind the fact that thousands of our men have died in unjustified wars. Cain does not oppose us spending billions of dollars on wars and he doesn't seem to oppose the billions and billions of dollars we waste on foreign aid to other countries which don't benefit us one bit. He doesn't mind us being the policemen of the world either.

Ron Paul
: End all wars, withdraw all troops, and end all intervention in other countries. Opposes foreign aid. Ron Paul says "I don't think there's an authority to take money from poor people in this country and give it to rich dictators around the world. That's what foreign aid's all about. And it's also a big assistance to the military industrial complex." He opposes the U.S. policing the world.

Marriage

Herman Cain: Supports the government dictating people's marriage life and discriminates against gays.

Ron Paul: Says the government should stay out of marriage and people's personal lives altogether and should let marriage be left as a religious function as it truly is. He says people can do what they want and call it what they want. There should be no law that merely defines a word. That's absurd.

Social Security

Herman Cain: Wants to keep government run Social Security which involves the government taking all of our SS trust fund money and spending all of it on other stuff, most likely slaughtering people in other countries, and then there will be no more funds for the people's whose money was stolen by the tax system.

Ron Paul: Wants to privatize Social Security so that irresponsible government can't waste all of our funds without being accountable. A privatized system would ensure that people get their money, just like private car insurance is reliable and accountable.

Taxes and IRS

Herman Cain: Supports the "Fair Tax." More like the "unfair tax." He also doesn't appear to oppose the IRS.

Ron Paul
: Will go to a Flat Tax and abolish the IRS.

Immigration

Herman Cain: Believes in wasting money on securing the border. Takes a strong stance against illegal immigration.

Ron Paul: This would be a non-issue if we were implementing the right economic policies in the first place. Does not support wasting money on securing the border.

Civil Liberties

Herman Cain
: Claims to support liberty, but his policies say otherwise. I haven't heard him mention once that he'd restore our civil liberties. He uses the word in his rhetoric, but he never claims how he will do it. I don't see him opposing the Patriot Act or the Cybersecurity Act. By the looks of it, he supports the same ol' status quo which has resulted in the enslavement of the whole population of America.

Ron Paul: Will repeal the Patriot Act. Eliminate Cybersecurity Act which would destroy all of our Internet freedoms and the little privacy we have left. Ron Paul's number one priority is to get our liberties back from the stranglehold of the authoritarian dictatorship we call a "democratic government."

Well hell after reading that I'm even more convinced Cain would be the better man.

I have to laugh at the absolutes the Ron Paul "will do" when in fact on each its a definitive "no he Won't"

100% of republican voters (obviously not the case, speaking hypothetically) could support Ron Paul and every stance he has and the RNC still wouldn't let him run for president.
Oh please. How could the Republican National Committee prevent any candidate who wins every primary election with 100% of the vote from getting the nomination? Get real. Paul won't win the nomination because he doesn't appeal enough to the electorate, plain and simple.

I'm saying hypothetically, there's a reason why the republican party sides with Obama on more issues than they do Ron Paul.

The status quo is better for the 2 status quo parties.

h tt p ://w w w.youtube. c o m/watch?v=u2Mqie_h9uU]YouTube - ‪Herman Cain talks about the Federal Reserve‬&elm;

h tt p ://w ww.youtube. c o m/watch?v=uiAkeFJXwUk]YouTube - ‪No Need To Audit the Federal Reserve According to Herman Cain‬&elm;

Ron Paul FTW!

The smear campaign of this thread is becoming more and more apparent. First immigration and now the fed.

What about immigration? Everything I said about immigration is correct. Herman Cain opposes it. Regarding what I said about Ron Paul, RP himself actually said it wouldn't be a problem if we had sound economic policy (my first point, and I never said RP doesn't oppose illegal immigration, I said he doesn't want to waste money on border security as confirmed by the fact that his voting record shows him voting against money wasting bills concerning immigration.

Everything said about the Federal Reserve is true. You haven't demonstrated to the contrary.

It just goes to show you how unobjective this analysis is

Yes, OF COURSE I'm biased towards Ron Paul, but that doesn't change the fact that the points contained in my argument are true.

Being biased does not mean you are incapable of presenting facts.

and how radical Ron Paul supporters distort the truth to acheive what I beleive to be an honerable objective.

Please show where there has been a distortion. You have yet to do so.

But they are so radical in the way they go about it they turn alot of people away.

'Tis a shame then. You know who else was radical? The founding fathers. More so than RP supporters.

Honesty and a cool demeanor would go a long way for those who support Ron Paul. But they see how little of a chance he has, they get furious,

I'm pretty sure more than 50% of Paul supporters do have a calm and cool demeaner as does Ron Paul himself. It's just that the placard waving yelling people get the attention cause well, they're trying to bring attention to RP.

and act compleatly irrational, ruining their chances further.

Have I been irrational? Or is it you who is irrational. I have presented multiple arguments supporting my position, you have presented none and have provided nothing but ad homs and criticisms of peoples personal behavior which is completely irrelevant to the issues at hand.

The only thing turining me away from candidates such as Ron Paul aside from some minor details is how crazy and irrational his radical supporters are. Thats not my crowd.

It's funny you speak of others being irrational when this is the epitome of irrational. You have just committed a Guilt By Association fallacy. It is illogical to not support a correct proposition merely because you oppose the proponents of said proposition.

And btw, you keep calling RP supporters irrational yet you have not shown this to be the case. In what way have RP supporters been irrational?

Lets review what I said.

Lol you spend line after line on the image of Ron Paul supporters and I'm supposed to ONLY put credence that you won't vote for him because of "minor details"?

Need I say anything else about status quo republican voters?

How would an objectivist like Paul or Rand view someone who cant comprehend the english language, makes an assumption based on their faulty comprehension, and then blames someone else for their lack of comprehension? As if that wasent enough, you add "LOL" to portray a false since of cinfidence as if you were really laughing behind the desk of a computer and confident of the shamless reply you just made. No Sir. I wont buy it. When Emotion trumps rationality as it has for you, you are no longer honest and objective. Just admit when you make a mistake in comprehension and a reasonable person like myself would understand. Doubleing down with emphases only makes you look like a fool. Something even the best of us do somethimes.

h tt p ://w w w.youtube. c o m/watch?v=u2Mqie_h9uU]YouTube - ‪Herman Cain talks about the Federal Reserve‬&elm;

h tt p ://w ww.youtube. c o m/watch?v=uiAkeFJXwUk]YouTube - ‪No Need To Audit the Federal Reserve According to Herman Cain‬&elm;

Ron Paul FTW!

The smear campaign of this thread is becoming more and more apparent. First immigration and now the fed.

What about immigration? Everything I said about immigration is correct. Herman Cain opposes it. Regarding what I said about Ron Paul, RP himself actually said it wouldn't be a problem if we had sound economic policy (my first point, and I never said RP doesn't oppose illegal immigration, I said he doesn't want to waste money on border security as confirmed by the fact that his voting record shows him voting against money wasting bills concerning immigration.

Everything said about the Federal Reserve is true. You haven't demonstrated to the contrary.

Yes, OF COURSE I'm biased towards Ron Paul, but that doesn't change the fact that the points contained in my argument are true.

Being biased does not mean you are incapable of presenting facts.

Please show where there has been a distortion. You have yet to do so.

'Tis a shame then. You know who else was radical? The founding fathers. More so than RP supporters.

I'm pretty sure more than 50% of Paul supporters do have a calm and cool demeaner as does Ron Paul himself. It's just that the placard waving yelling people get the attention cause well, they're trying to bring attention to RP.

and act compleatly irrational, ruining their chances further.

Have I been irrational? Or is it you who is irrational. I have presented multiple arguments supporting my position, you have presented none and have provided nothing but ad homs and criticisms of peoples personal behavior which is completely irrelevant to the issues at hand.

The only thing turining me away from candidates such as Ron Paul aside from some minor details is how crazy and irrational his radical supporters are. Thats not my crowd.

It's funny you speak of others being irrational when this is the epitome of irrational. You have just committed a Guilt By Association fallacy. It is illogical to not support a correct proposition merely because you oppose the proponents of said proposition.

And btw, you keep calling RP supporters irrational yet you have not shown this to be the case. In what way have RP supporters been irrational?

My God. He quoted me line by line. This is bred from the radical emotionality of a Ron Paul supporter. To a large extent he is now disagreeing for no other purpose than to disagree. Furthermore it also seems like you have trouble comprehending english as well. I have allready addressed this (look at my previous post to this one) and qualified the rest of my remarks. I see no need to further do so. Though I realise that the irrationality of emotion will get to you and this post will no doubt bring claims of "no you didnt" etc etc etc. Give it up man. I'm not going to learn anything from you and you arent going to change my mind. The trader rule and the association rule does not apply between you and I.

Last edited:
...always remember that when you vote in a primary for a person that has no chance you are taking a potential vote away for the next best thing that does have a chance.
Which is perhaps the biggest reason I would also be reluctant to support Cain.

Ron Paul is a loon. He's a waste of time. He's a waste of his supporters money. He will never be elected. Thank god!

Case closed, friggin' PERIOD!

Yes I like his domestic policy. However veterans like you and I know that his foreign policy is full of shit.

Lets review what I said.

You're missing the point. It doesn't matter whether it's your only reason or one of your many reasons, it shouldn't be a reason AT ALL because it is a logically fallacious position to oppose an idea or person based on your opposition to its proponents. Now do you get it?

Notice what I mean of how radical and crazy the Ron Paul supporters are? One look at the name "Ron Paul" and they rush to the thread to vote in the poll immediatly. However, slowly, Cain is catching up as more and less enthusiastic people vote in the poll. Its almost an obsession to the point of Obama hero worship.

Ron Paul is...a waste of time. He's a waste of his supporters money. He will never be elected.
I can't disagree with this much of your post which leads me to question the wisdom of allowing him and Gary Johnson to participate in the primary debates. IMHO, it detracts from the more practical considerations primary voters need to pay attention to. In other words, libertarianism is little more than a sideshow within the party. I wonder, when the primaries are over and Paul is out, how many of his supporters vote Republican versus the Libertarian Party in the general election?

Ron Paul is a loon. He's a waste of time. He's a waste of his supporters money. He will never be elected. Thank god!

Case closed, friggin' PERIOD!

Yes I like his domestic policy. However veterans like you and I know that his foreign policy is full of shit.
His foreign policy is downright dangerous.

Also, there is no way to even imagine him sitting down with world leaders and being taken seriously.

Paul makes Perot and Nader look sane.

Forum List

Back