Ron Paul: US Should Not Support Israel's Gaza Blockade

Ron Paul also wants us to unilaterally pull out of the UN, NATO, and a bunch of other places, quoting him in support of any positions is an act of desperation.

GOOD GOLLY OLLIE PEEPS: "Wow, and people actually believe this shit." (referring to the chalmers johnson piece i posted)

:rolleyes:

...pray tell, you numb republican prig, SPECIFICALLY, WHAT NUMBERS, FACTS, FIGURES, ASSERTIONS, etc.. IN JOHNSON'S PIECE DO YOU DISPUTE?..

(ollie puts the oooooooooooooooo in stoooooooooooooooopid) ;)

...but have a good night!..

Well he makes very clear that he has no position on the blockade itself, just that the U.S. shouldn't be funding Israel and rushing to back them up in everything that they do.

We never back them up in everything they do. We support them because they're the only Democracy in the Middle East.

Ron Paul's response is doctrinaire Libertarianism. This is really the focal point of the wedge between conservatives and Libertarians. Libertarians do not believe in a robust defense and foreign policy and conservatives are more along the lines of Hans Morganthau and Real Politick in their view of both Foreign policy and National defense.

(Note here for the left-wingnuts -- this is distinguished from the "NeoCons" who operate on a completely different theory that includes democratic hegemony and an forward leaning, almost offensive, National defense policy including the theory of pre-emption).

I would say Paul's comments are consistent with where Paul has always been on these issues and this isn't news.
Republicans like business and war is huge business.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Screw Ron Paul.

He's not the one having to protect his people from being blown up riding a bus.

Well he makes very clear that he has no position on the blockade itself, just that the U.S. shouldn't be funding Israel and rushing to back them up in everything that they do.

We never back them up in everything they do. We support them because they're the only Democracy in the Middle East.

Well Hamas is an elected government, so that's not entirely true.

You might resort to violence if someone prevented you from receiving essentials, and you had to pass through numerous checks on an otherwise short trip.

Don't be so naive.

The reason for those checks is when they relax them people and things start blowing up.

Last edited:

Well Hamas is an elected government, so that's not entirely true.

Hamas is pretty much authoritarian....the only reason they were elected was because of hatred against Jews. Hamas is also a terrorist organization.

GOOD GOLLY OLLIE PEEPS: "Wow, and people actually believe this shit." (referring to the chalmers johnson piece i posted)

...pray tell, you numb republican prig, SPECIFICALLY, WHAT NUMBERS, FACTS, FIGURES, ASSERTIONS, etc.. IN JOHNSON'S PIECE DO YOU DISPUTE?..

I dispute your stupidity in believing that the Pentagon doesn't know where and the number of our military bases. DUH! Or is anything over the number 10 too big for you to deal with?

Last edited:

I dispute yous stupidity in believing that the Pentagon doesn't know where and the number of our military bases. DUH! Or is anything over the number 10 too big for you to deal with?

Nope....but one can always remove your shoes and count to 20.:lol:

You might resort to violence if someone prevented you from receiving essentials, and you had to pass through numerous checks on an otherwise short trip.

Excuse me? What came first, the violence or the check points? If there were no suicide bombers, they wouldn't need the checkpoints would they?

ron paul hates israel.

so why should i care what he says?

unless i hated israel, too, of course.

nice to let those weapons in so they can lob more missiles at s'derot from gaza, eh?

why should we continue to fund their oppression and war? where is the constition does the government get the power to fund israel?

Forum List

Back