Ron Paul: US should go bankrupt

Are you so fucking colossally stupid you don't realize that the "industries" that caused the 'massive problems' was Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac? Which are both Federally managed organizations?

heh heh if only that were true, you wouldn't look so silly.

Anyway, back on topic, why would bankruptcy be good for the U.S.?

If you are going to argue his point, at least prove why it is not true and why you dont agree, stop side stepping and get to it.

Refusing to pay obligations to the Federal Reserve?

Who should refuse paying obligations to the Federal Reserve?

Sometimes Dr. Paul should think a bit more before speaking. He's a smart enough guy.

When people get so far in debt that they can no longer pay it what do they do? They file bankruptcy.
Since when do we owe anything to the Federal reserve anyways? All they loan us is a fiat currency that has something printed on it, that's right, a piece of paper, nothing more. Is it gold? Nope, is it worth anything?...nope, just a piece of paper.
This is why paul believes what he does, and I agree 100% with him.
Central Bank

It's not the fed we should be worried about. Idiot.

This is like the person who hasn't fixed their home in thirty years and when finding it in shambles gives up. Is Paul so stupid he didn't notice the changes these past thirty years or so? Regulatory destruction, middle class worker destruction, unnecessary wars, less taxes for the greedy rich, global conglomerates, outsourcing of work, and corporate politics. So the bad policy solution is to make America a banana republic, republicans like Paul are a total joke.

This is like the person who hasn't fixed their home in thirty years and when finding it in shambles gives up. Is Paul so stupid he didn't notice the changes these past thirty years or so? Regulatory destruction, middle class worker destruction, unnecessary wars, less taxes for the greedy rich, global conglomerates, outsourcing of work, and corporate politics. So the bad policy solution is to make America a banana republic, republicans like Paul are a total joke.

As of now, republicons in general are a joke.

Paul ( and his son ) live in this little myopic world where they can postulate about things like secession, getting rid of civil rights, getting rid of the fed and yet they still do things, like bringing home federal money..without batting an eye.

And they seem to think the nutty things they go on about are clever.

We saw what happened when the Soviet union went bankrupt.

And what kind of society do they have now?

A kleptocracy.

Wait a minute...come to think of it, that's the kind of government we seem to have now, anyway.

I wonder how many Americans would die as a direct or indirect result of the total collapse of our economy that would be the outcome of declaring bankruptsy?

The transition period from being the world's economic powerhouse to the world's largest bankrupt empire would be rather messy, I suspect.

We saw what happened when the Soviet union went bankrupt.

And what kind of society do they have now?

A kleptocracy.

Wait a minute...come to think of it, that's the kind of government we seem to have now, anyway.

I wonder how many Americans would die as a direct or indirect result of the total collapse of our economy that would be the outcome of declaring bankruptsy?

The transition period from being the world's economic powerhouse to the world's largest bankrupt empire would be rather messy, I suspect.

So when you file bankruptcy, the court usually appoints a judge to oversee what you can do and what you can't do. But since the judge will be a victim of the bankruptcy...I hope Ron Paul will be kind enough to tell us who is going to be the special master in our case and decide what we can do and not do under the reorganization. I guess judge Lu Chin Chau will be fair and impartial as he dismantles our country.

Or maybe we shouldn't do that at all...

Let's see, we have more debt than we can ever pay off( you could tax the wealthy 100% of income and it wouldn't make a dent in our debt), we have a president that talks about reigning in spending then has a 3.4 Trillion budget while we have less than 2 TRILLION in income, and everyone seems to think we will be fine if we can just get more credit. WOW, and people call PAUL a nut. People hate it when someone tells them the truth. Deny, Deny, Deny, and everything will be fine, then when the crash comes they will want to know why no one told them how bad things were. Well, you been told. Deny, Deny,etc.

Refusing to pay obligations to the Federal Reserve?

Who should refuse paying obligations to the Federal Reserve?

Sometimes Dr. Paul should think a bit more before speaking. He's a smart enough guy.

When people get so far in debt that they can no longer pay it what do they do? They file bankruptcy.
Since when do we owe anything to the Federal reserve anyways? All they loan us is a fiat currency that has something printed on it, that's right, a piece of paper, nothing more. Is it gold? Nope, is it worth anything?...nope, just a piece of paper.
This is why paul believes what he does, and I agree 100% with him.
Central Bank

So, you seem to have missed my question: WHO should refuse to pay obligations to the Federal reserve? The Federal Government?

Forum List

Back