Ron Paul To Obama & Romney: "Jerusalem Is The Capital Of Israel"...

If the US wants an embassy there they would have to put it in the capitol decided on by the government of that country. If the us doesn't agree with that location then they don't have to put an embassy there. Simple really. They can try and work it out and the US can say what they want but in the end it should be up to Israel.

Yet in Israel the US Embassy is in Tel Aviv.

Is it not something of a tradition to place embassies where governments are?

I think it has been the policy of the US since Israeli independence that until a final agreement is reached with the Palestinians, complete with defined borders, we will not be moving our embassy.

As if that's ever stopped Israel before....the point is it's not our problem. The dispute there belongs to them. That's how non-interventionism works. Just like it sounds, no intervention. Of course, we all know that our protection is paramount to Israel's ability to remain with so many hostile neighbors....which is the real story. Israel wants to be aa vasalage, and at the same time be sovereign.

So why does Paul support Israeli policy by moving the embassy to Jerusalem?

He supports their right to do as they choose.
That has nothing to do with moving the embassy, though. That is supporting Israel's right to dictate foreign policy to us. Does Paul support Israel dictating foreign policy to the U.S?

You like that circle you're running in, dont you?

it's already been brought up in this thread.

The answer is no. If China wanted to put its embassy in Houston and call Houston the capitol, would we allow them to do it?

A diplomatic mission is a group of people from one state or an international inter-governmental organisation (such as the United Nations) present in another state to represent the sending state/organisation in the receiving state. In practice, a diplomatic mission usually denotes the permanent mission, namely the office of a country's diplomatic representatives in the capital city of another country. As well as being a diplomatic mission to the country in which it is situated, it may also be a non-resident permanent mission to one or more other countries. There are thus resident and non-resident embassies

So again, if Israel wants the capitol to be Jerusalem and for us to move our embassy there, why would we not comply? Is it us who dictates what capitol Israel can have?

No one is forcing us to have an embassy there. If we want an embassy there we should put it where they deem fit since it is their country. What if China came over and said they were putting their embassy in Chicago whether we liked it or not and said we should make that our capitol?

You are confusing two issues. Israel can choose its capital freely. But The US Embassy in Israel is a US affair, not an Israeli affair.

The embassy exists at the behest of the Israeli's so it is their affair. They can place their capitol where they want and we can either move our embassy or not. We can withdraw it or not. They can boot us if they want. I'm not saying it would be wise but they have that right.

They have the right to sever diplomatic relations with the US of course. Something tells me that this is not really what Israel wants. If Israel wants diplomatic relations with the US, then it is up to the US to decide where it will put its embassy.

Is that how we work it too? Do other nations drop their embassy wherever they want? Or do they put it in our nation's capitol?
It's as if the US gets to dictate to everyone else what it will do and how it will tell others to act.

You like that circle you're running in, dont you?

it's already been brought up in this thread.

The answer is no. If China wanted to put its embassy in Houston and call Houston the capitol, would we allow them to do it?

A diplomatic mission is a group of people from one state or an international inter-governmental organisation (such as the United Nations) present in another state to represent the sending state/organisation in the receiving state. In practice, a diplomatic mission usually denotes the permanent mission, namely the office of a country's diplomatic representatives in the capital city of another country. As well as being a diplomatic mission to the country in which it is situated, it may also be a non-resident permanent mission to one or more other countries. There are thus resident and non-resident embassies

So again, if Israel wants the capitol to be Jerusalem and for us to move our embassy there, why would we not comply? Is it us who dictates what capitol Israel can have?

So Paul is in favor of Israel dictating foreign policy to America. Is that really what you want to say?
Israel can move their capital anywhere they want. But America can place its embassy anywhere it wants. Israel wants the embassy to be in Jerusalem to bolster its claim over the entire city. The US doesnt want to to preserve stated US policy that Jerusalem's status is t be determined by negotiation.
So now Paul wants the US to cave to Israel and do what they want. Obviously he wants Israel to dictate America's foreign policy. Which I guess is good because Paul's foreign policy sucks.

Is that how we work it too? Do other nations drop their embassy wherever they want? Or do they put it in our nation's capitol?
It's as if the US gets to dictate to everyone else what it will do and how it will tell others to act.

You understand Jerusalem is not Washington DC, right?

dog-chasing-tail.jpg

I understand you're a broken record.

If Paul pulled a kitten from a burning building, Rabbi would have a list of reasons to why it was wrong.

If Paul pulled a kitten from a burning building, Rabbi would have a list of reasons to why it was wrong.

Translation: Rabbi's right but I can't admit it.

Re-read the thread, i know you think not respecting Israel's sovereignty is good for both the U.S. and Israel, but us conservatives don't.

But hey if you want to claim victory, by all means grab a sheet of paper from your printer, tear it up, and throw the confetti in the air. Don't let me stop you!

You obviously don't understand that Jerusalem is not Washington.
How could I not understand Jerusalem is not Washington? They aren't even on the same continent. But since Israel is just a vasalage slave state of the US, i see what you're saying. I guess they have to be in order to not get wiped off the map by their neighbors.

Discussion over.
The discussion never began. It was you saying the same thing over and over again, trying to make sure that the main point is lost because you want to play "chase the tail". Spoken like a true authoritarian too. Neocons, you gotta love the log in their eye.

Countries will usually put Embassies where it is most convenient. Most countries can't afford to have an Embassy in every capital country in the world and therefore often have their embassy for several countries in one city.

You obviously don't understand that Jerusalem is not Washington.
How could I not understand Jerusalem is not Washington? They aren't even on the same continent. But since Israel is just a vasalage slave state of the US, i see what you're saying. I guess they have to be in order to not get wiped off the map by their neighbors.

Discussion over.
The discussion never began. It was you saying the same thing over and over again, trying to make sure that the main point is lost because you want to play "chase the tail". Spoken like a true authoritarian too. Neocons, you gotta love the log in their eye.

Can you articulate why Jerusalem is not Washington, other than their geographic locations? If so maybe we can get somewhere.

So we can just remove the embassy from tel aviv altogether. that sounds like an even better plan than moving it. Lets do that, cut off all their aid and military help. Problem solved.

Translation: Rabbi's right but I can't admit it.

Re-read the thread, i know you think not respecting Israel's sovereignty is good for both the U.S. and Israel, but us conservatives don't.

But hey if you want to claim victory, by all means grab a sheet of paper from your printer, tear it up, and throw the confetti in the air. Don't let me stop you!

How is tearing up about 40 years of US foreign policy respecting Israel's sovereignty? Do you think israel needs to respect US sovereignty?

Forum List

Back