Ron Paul to Chair Monetary Policy Subcommittee

This is bad news.

I'm up to my eyeballs in gold and silver, and I want to get rich!

No, Ron, No! Don't do it! Think of the children!

Don't worry, Ron is up to his eyeballs in gold and silver also. I think he knows if he audits the Fed that there is nothing but worthless assets & Fort Knox is empty & Gold will skyrocket.

I am having a hard time believing they will allow Ron Paul to Chair Monetary Policy Subcommittee. I just can't get my head around it. Congress killed the hell out of his audit the Fed bill. The Fed stonewalled GATA.

They must have perfected mind control technology. They will control Ron with it to give the Fed credibility.

It will happen; this is a show of good faith on the part of the Republicans. They feel that Paul is the best qualified man in the room to question Bernanke on subjects congresspeople usually tread with caution bordering on subservience.

Last edited:
Can't you just feel the warmth of the civil discussion & camaraderie between Bernanke & Paul once the committee is back in session. :meow:

Bernanke answers Fed's global critics
The Fed's decision to buy $600 billion of government debt has drawn scathing comments from nations which contend it is generating global instability by strengthen their currencies against the dollar, inflating asset bubbles and fueling inflation in their economies.

From Berlin German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble pronounced, "With all due respect, U.S. policy is clueless."....

The Fed's easy monetary policy, made even looser on Wednesday with the new bond-buying plan, has rankled emerging market economies and others, and it looks set to be a bone of contention at a Group of 20 nations summit in Seoul next week.

South African Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan said Fed policy "undermines the spirit of multilateral cooperation" that the G20 had sought to achieve. The money will find its way into financial markets of emerging nations with potentially devastating impact on their exports, he charged.

Bernanke said U.S. policymakers were fully aware of the dollar's importance in the global economy as a reserve currency. The dollar has weakened sharply and did so again after this week's decision on a new round of so-called quantitative easing.

"The best fundamentals for the dollar will come when the economy is growing strongly," Bernanke said. "That's where the fundamentals come from."

What policies will he advance on that committee that give us such cheer?

Can any of us cheering this be specific about what he will do, exactly?

From the last link I posted.

Paul said his first priority will be to open up the books of the Federal Reserve to the American people.

“We need to create transparency there. To see what it is they are buying and lending, and who it is they are dealing with,” Paul said.

Paul mentioned that he hoped to use subcommittee hearings to educate the public about the causes of business cycles—which he believes are mainly attributable to monetary manipulation by central bankers.

Monetary reform is also on the agenda. Paul is a noted advocate of the gold standard.

:D

It will be great to watch Paul Supporters turn on him.

Just like the GOP turned on him in 2008. How could Rand cozy up to people like this after they totally emasculated and generally treated his father like he isn't on their level.

They're doing the same thing to Palin

Sub committee, huh. :hmpf:

This is bad news.

Don't worry, Ron is up to his eyeballs in gold and silver also. I think he knows if he audits the Fed that there is nothing but worthless assets & Fort Knox is empty & Gold will skyrocket.

Bit now he, unlike most of you goldbugs, will have advance warning when to get out of those positions.

Oh, I know he would never betray you people.

Bet the farm on that.

Sometimes all you need is the headline. Ron Paul is slated to run this subcommittee, giving him some actual power and a megaphone on the issue dearest to his heart.

Weigel : Ron Paul to Chair Monetary Policy Subcommittee

Excellent.

Chairing monetary committees is not like pulling babies out...:eusa_whistle:

Sure it is. There's usually a lot of screaming, yelling, and pain involved. And when the shit starts flying everybody freaks out and hits the door in an attempt to keep from getting any on them. Once it's over and all the posers that don't have the stomach to face up to what they did have left it's just a matter of smacking a little ass and cleaning up the mess.

:D

It will be great to watch Paul Supporters turn on him.

Just like the GOP turned on him in 2008. How could Rand cozy up to people like this after they totally emasculated and generally treated his father like he isn't on their level.

They're doing the same thing to Palin

Sub committee, huh. :hmpf:

There's corruption going on on both sides. Right now we need to clean house because the only thing getting through is what Progressives want and what they want is bad for all of us.

This is bad news.

Bit now he, unlike most of you goldbugs, will have advance warning when to get out of those positions.

Bet the farm on that.

There's not a whole hell of a lot that will bring gold down right now.

Short of the Fed shrinking its balance sheet, most other things are bullish for gold right now.

Especially opening the Fed's books, you can count on that.

Bet the farm on that.

Short of the Fed shrinking its balance sheet, most other things are bullish for gold right now.

Electing a counter-balance to the Democrats in Washington will bring the cost of gold down. However if Bernake insists on buying up debt and inflating the dollar gold will continue to be a good investment.

Bet the farm on that.

Electing a counter-balance to the Democrats in Washington will bring the cost of gold down. However if Bernake insists on buying up debt and inflating the dollar gold will continue to be a good investment.

Gold does not care about who's in power in congress.

Under Bush and the republican congress, gold gained 300%.

Yup. Watch what they do, not what they say. On the day after the 2002 Congressional elections, I took up my gold position.

Having said that, I do think the Republicans are a little bit more serious this time. But I still think they're more wedded to All Tax Cuts All the Time over balancing the budget, which is bullish for gold.

Yup. Watch what they do, not what they say. On the day after the 2002 Congressional elections, I took up my gold position.

Having said that, I do think the Republicans are a little bit more serious this time. But I still think they're more wedded to All Tax Cuts All the Time over balancing the budget, which is bullish for gold.

Yeah, I'd be looking for meaningful spending cuts. I could see that as possibly bearish, but not if the Fed continues creating money.

I would imagine it's not, though I'm not sure I get your point.

Sure it is. There's usually a lot of screaming, yelling, and pain involved. And when the shit starts flying everybody freaks out and hits the door in an attempt to keep from getting any on them. Once it's over and all the posers that don't have the stomach to face up to what they did have left it's just a matter of smacking a little ass and cleaning up the mess.

Ron Paul delivered over 4000 babies: can he deliver to the U.S? : Product Reviews Net

Well, if we're to get through this SOMEBODY has to finally say "Umm Sire, please put on this robe. You're buckass nekkid."

The GOP only had a full control Congress for two years. The rest of the time Democrats had the Senate....but even when Congress was controlled by the GOP the Dems still had a say. Remember the shared leadership Trent Lott allowed from 2004-06? In the interest of fostering bi-partisanship the GOP saw fit to allow Democrats to convene hearings and help make policies. Many bills were co-authored by Democrats.

Last edited:

The only had a GOP full control Congress for two years. The rest of the time Democrats had the Senate....but even when Congress was controlled by the GOP the Dems still had a say. Remember the shared leadership Trent Lott allowed from 2004-06? In the interest of fostering bi-partisanship the GOP saw fit to allow Democrats to convene hearings and help make policies. Many bills were co-authored by Democrats.

Better known as Compromise. As was GW Bushs' "Compassionate Conservatism" Mistakes. We see where it got us.

In my view? Total 180. Make the Statists and so-called 'Moderates' defend their positions on ObamaCare, and a host of other issues. it's time to put them ALL on the defensive, and be unrelenting about it.

Forum List

Back