Ron Paul tied with Newt in Iowa

Ron Paul is never in a million years going to get the GOP node for President and I think he should drop out to quit complicating matters.

I disagree. His voice is valuable in many domestic areas. I just never really admit it because Avorysucks is such a dick. Pauls constant drumbeat about spending is much needed.

Have they started printing the Rand Paul signs yet? Gotta keep those Paulbots interested ya know. As soon as this cycle is over they will on jump on the Rand bandwagon. Seems we are doomed to this stupidity for the rest of our lives.

Sigh

I'm not that impressed with Rand myself.

I heard him say Iran was not a threat to other nations. That bit of ignorance was enough to prove the Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Iran has a lot of problems domestically. I can't really see them wanting to go to war with anyone. There is a large element of the population that is disatisfied with the current regime. The leaders engage in a lot of sabre rattling in an attempt to use nationalism to stem the tide of rising opposition to the theocracy. If large numbers of troops were to leave the country, it could upset the balance of power there. I don't think they are that stupid. I am not really sure we have exhausted the diplomatic options available to us either. Why not bring them to the table and talk to them before we bomb them to hell?

Have they started printing the Rand Paul signs yet? Gotta keep those Paulbots interested ya know. As soon as this cycle is over they will on jump on the Rand bandwagon. Seems we are doomed to this stupidity for the rest of our lives.

Sigh

I heard him say Iran was not a threat to other nations. That bit of ignorance was enough to prove the Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

The question, in regard to Ron Paul, was about whether Iran would be more of threat if they develop the bomb. And as counter-intuitive as it may seem, I think RP is right. If Iran develops a nuclear capability, assuming they haven't already, it will make them less of a threat, not more.

The biggest problem we have right now with the middle east is a perceived gulf in power. The people there feel utterly powerless and that leads to the kind of extremism that fuels terrorism. Terrorism doesn't spring from strong nations with strong defenses. It's borne of the opposite.

In any case, we're going to see Paul hammered on this tonight and in the coming weeks. I've been surveying some of the news media this morning and the set up is in gear. RP is finally seen as a threat and the establishment drones are going to hit him hard. He'll be attacked on his stated policies, and on the spurious 'whispering campaigns' trying to tie him to conspiracy groups, racists claims, etc, etc... It will kick in full gear soon.

New poll shows Paul beating Newt in NH, Paul is now in second. Not that I care about polls, I just wana see if all the Paul haters like Gramps will piss and moan some more... Maybe all you Paul haters can get together and give each other hugs.

Ron Paul surging in early GOP voting states* - NY Daily News

Too busy watching you troll while drooling to be concerned with a candidate that can't and won't win anything that matters. Unfortunately for Paul, Obama already has the teenage voting base in his pocket.

The question, in regard to Ron Paul, was about whether Iran would be more of threat if they develop the bomb. And as counter-intuitive as it may seem, I think RP is right. If Iran develops a nuclear capability, assuming they haven't already, it will make them less of a threat, not more.

The biggest problem we have right now with the middle east is a perceived gulf in power. The people there feel utterly powerless and that leads to the kind of extremism that fuels terrorism. Terrorism doesn't spring from strong nations with strong defenses. It's borne of the opposite.

In any case, we're going to see Paul hammered on this tonight and in the coming weeks. I've been surveying some of the news media this morning and the set up is in gear. RP is finally seen as a threat and the establishment drones are going to hit him hard. He'll be attacked on his stated policies, and on the spurious 'whispering campaigns' trying to tie him to conspiracy groups, racists claims, etc, etc... It will kick in full gear soon.

I am interested to see how he handles it. This debate could make or break his campaign.

I was referring to an interview I saw with Rand.

We need to get out of the Middle East as it's a waste of time and resources. Anyone that's pushing for an attack on Iran is insane and asking for another decade long war. People don't want that and never really even wanted Iraq in the first place, so Ron Paul looks very good. Ron Paul is right as it really isn't our business! Who the fuck do we think we're storming into one country after another? Soviet fucking Union? We've become what our founding fathers feared so much. A nation that thinks it can attack and force every nation on this planet to do what we want and to hell with their own interest. Yet, we expect them not to be pissed? Understand why it is none of our effin business now?

Ron Paul is far more serious with cutting government than NEWT. He is for state rights and that is what we supposedly support within the Republican Party. While a man like Newt supports mandates and global warming, I'd say give Ron Paul a chance. Let’s wipe the fucking blood off our lips and start cutting the debt, for Christ sakes.

Last edited:

I am interested to see how he handles it. This debate could make or break his campaign.

He will do what he always does. Change the subject to the Fed and then proceed to confuse even himself with his convoluted answer. Or simply say "stop policing the world" Which I agree with but has no bearing on the topic he was confronted with.

He will do what he always does. Change the subject to the Fed and then proceed to confuse even himself with his convoluted answer. Or simply say "stop policing the world" Which I agree with but has no bearing on the topic he was confronted with.

Well, he is right about the fed. It can't stop spending and is out of control. :eusa_boohoo:

New poll shows Paul beating Newt in NH, Paul is now in second. Not that I care about polls, I just wana see if all the Paul haters like Gramps will piss and moan some more... Maybe all you Paul haters can get together and give each other hugs.

Ron Paul surging in early GOP voting states* - NY Daily News

Too busy watching you troll while drooling to be concerned with a candidate that can't and won't win anything that matters. Unfortunately for Paul, Obama already has the teenage voting base in his pocket.

Oh well if Paul won't win anything then you have nothing to worry about.

I agree, I hope Paul has prepared. I have already seen the "Paul is a racist" stuff coming up in the news. And you know what Gramps says, when you ain’t got nothing, play the race card!

Well, he is right about the fed. It can't stop spending and is out of control. :eusa_boohoo:

What Gramps means is when Paul talks about the issues he gets board... He wants WWF style politics, he wants to see people calling each other names... He wants to see Newt drop the Reagan Bomb on Paul, even though Reagan endorsed Paul...

Will Newt keep breaking his vow to not go negitive? Will Mitt try and destroy Paul before he is 100% sure Newt is out? We'll see!!! =D

Last edited by a moderator:

No, he'll attempt to give rational, nuanced answers to the issues. And he'll be shouted down with demagoguery and groundless strawmen. But Ron Paul isn't a demagogue, and he doesn't play these kinds of empty PR games particularly well. We'll see how it goes, but I think we should be prepared for all the dirty tricks the press and the commercial candidates can muster.

I agree, I hope Paul has prepared. I have already seen the "Paul is a racist" stuff coming up in the news. And you know what Gramps says, when you ain’t got nothing, play the race card!

Nonsense, I've never played that game and bitch at those that do. If Paul is a racist so be it. If not he has nothing to worry about. Simply put I don't care.

What Gramps means is when Paul talks about the issues he gets board... He wants WWF style politics, he wants to see people calling each other names... He wants to see Newt drop the Reagan Bomb on Paul, even though Reagan endorsed Paul...

Will Newt keep breaking his vow to not go negitive? Will Mitt try and destroy Paul before he is 100% sure Newt is out? We'll see!!! =D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7RzaQ4MK2E]Ron Paul 2012: Did Ronald Reagan Endorse Ron Paul? - YouTube[/ame]

And who doesnt love a good smack down? Paul is far from boring btw. Plenty of laughs to be had.

Nonsense, I've never played that game and bitch at those that do. If Paul is a racist so be it. If not he has nothing to worry about. Simply put I don't care.

I'm sorry Gramps, I did not mean that as an attack... I meant it as what you just said, you would condemn those that unjustly use the race card, you have many good qualities as I have told you before.

Our unfriendly history sometimes makes it hard to complement you is all.

The attack is already underway.

No surprise. When you got nothing on him, make something up.

Forum List

Back