Ron Paul: "They're Terrorists Because We're Occupiers".

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Ron Paul blames U.S. for violence

ON CAPITOL HILL
Ron Paul blames U.S. for violence
Congressman: 'They're terrorists because we're occupiers'
Posted: December 30, 2009
11:35 pm Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily
A prominent member of Congress with libertarian ideals is blaming terrorism on the U.S. presence around the globe.

"They're terrorists because we're occupiers," Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, said on the Larry King show:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Y_58LwYBw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Last edited:
Hey, Ron Paul:

IF what you say has any truth to it, then,

why were they terrorists before we responded to their acts by allegedly "occupying" any of "their" lands?

I like some of the things Dr. Paul has to say. But sometimes he says such massively stupid shit that taking him seriously is impossible.

How is this guy a republican? Violence is due to the choices of the violent person.

You are a disengenuos asshole. How would you feel if the country you have your only true allegience to, Israel, was occupied for whatever reason?...and I can think of several...

What would you do? Just bend over and take it? The problem with subversive traitors such as yourself is that you have no respect for anyone that does not share YOUR fantasy beliefs.

If I had my "violent choice" all of the mid east countries would have the same access to nukes and all you morons could let the nuclear snow fall where it may.

Yes we make enemies by occupying others lands. You make no headway protecting Israel denying that fact. You just expose your willfull traitorous deception.

He's a Libertarian who decided he wanted to win an election, so he switched parties.

He was winning as a Republican, first, wasn't he?

I agree with you that he isn't really a Republican. He's more of a third party kinda politician who simply uses the "(R)" after his name for convenience.

You're probably right, Liability, but I first heard of him as the Libertarian candidate for pres in '88. I didn't know he was a Republican before that.

Ron Paul continues to demonstrate why he will never get elected dog catcher on any national level. Conservatives don't believe this crap. No one should believe this crap.

Hey, Ron Paul:

IF what you say has any truth to it, then,

why were they terrorists before we responded to their acts by allegedly "occupying" any of "their" lands?

I like some of the things Dr. Paul has to say. But sometimes he says such massively stupid shit that taking him seriously is impossible.

what terrorists attacks from ME groups happened to us before we meddled in the ME?

Ron Paul continues to demonstrate why he will never get elected dog catcher on any national level. Conservatives don't believe this crap. No one should believe this crap.

so blowback isn't real?

On some level it sounds credible that just by occupying a country we are creating a 'resistance', or terrorists.
Seems like we could use that somehow, to hasten our departure.
Aren't we looking for them to take the responsibility of running their own country?
I fhtey could just get organized enough to be an "opposition' istead of "terrorists", we could hand the country over to them.

How is he wrong? Being occupiers certainly isn't helping things. In fact it's only making things much much worse. For example,this current President made a decision to bomb Yemen a week ago and look at what happened in response. They tried to attack us by way of the Christmas Bomber. How can so many people in this country really believe that we can go all over the world bombing & occupying but then not expect any retaliation? That just seems so bizarre and perplexing to me. They are going to retaliate and Americans should expect nothing less. What if it was your wife,mother,or child slaughtered in one of those bombings? Wouldn't you want to retaliate? Every bomb dropped has a consequence. That's just the reality.

Btw,shame on Stein for accusing Dr. Paul of being Anti-Semitic. He was losing the argument so he had to stoop and start hurling "Racism" accusations at him. Isn't that what Liberals do all the time? Stein can no longer call himself a real Conservative in my opinion. He simply resorted to using shallow Liberal race-baiting tactics and that is unforgivable. Shame Shame Mr. Stein. :(

just for the record I agree with him that we created the shit storm we currently have in the ME, its called basic blowback. but I don't agree with him that we can just back out now and they will forgot about past transgressions. I would prefer if we don't start anymore trouble though so that one day we can get out of the middle east, hopefully after we no longer need their oil.

with that said, I look to ron paul on economic and civil liberty issues way before foreign policy.

How is he wrong? Being occupiers certainly isn't helping things. In fact it's only making things much much worse. For example,this current President made a decision to bomb Yemen a week ago and look at what happened in response. They tried to attack us by way of the Christmas Bomber. How can so many people in this country really believe that we can go all over the world bombing & occupying but then not expect any retaliation? That just seems so bizarre and perplexing to me. They are going to retaliate and Americans should expect nothing less. What if it was your wife,mother,or child slaughtered in one of those bombings? Wouldn't you want to retaliate? Every bomb dropped has a consequence. That's just the reality.

Btw,shame on Stein for accusing Dr. Paul of being Anti-Semitic. He was losing the argument so he had to stoop and start hurling "Racism" accusations at him. Isn't that what Liberals do all the time? Stein can no longer call himself a real Conservative in my opinion. He simply resorted to using shallow Liberal race-baiting tactics and that is unforgivable. Shame Shame Mr. Stein. :(

I never understood why people can't comprehend blowback and why they call people un-american for bringing it up when our own CIA teaches it

The experts Larry King had on his show were Shiela Jackson Lee, Ron Paul, and Ben Stein?! Was there no one else who would pick up the phone, anywhere?

he believes fully in blowback, which is what the cia teaches.

Then the CIA are idiots. You make your own choices and determine your own fate.

what would you do if someone bombed and killed your family?

Our president would Mirandize them and give them counsel.

They're terrorists because we're not Muslim. We don't cover our women from head to toe and we don't stone them if another guy touches them.

They would hate us even if no American soldier ever set foot on Muslim soil. We could leave the middle east today, sever all ties with Israel and they would still want us dead.

Forum List

Back