Ron Paul: The Moral Hazard of Regulation

Bush????

how about the people who at the top of the field who admitted it was deregulation.

Bush????

how about the people who at the top of the field who admitted it was deregulation.

here we go again

how about the fact that GW didn't pass any deregulation and that Clinton actually passed the deregulation that blurred the line between banks, investment and insurance companies?

here we go again

how about the fact that GW didn't pass any deregulation and that Clinton actually passed the deregulation that blurred the line between banks, investment and insurance companies?

Why is TruthMatters so easy to PWN? Does he just get a kick out of being wrong?

the bill was written by Phil Gramm who is McCains go to guy on the economy.

Yes Bill gets the credit too for signing it but the Problem was ignored by this entire republican government who fiddled while Rome burned.

Uh, no. Seriously, does truth really matter to you because it sure doesn't seem like it. You seem to like only biased sources of information that tell you what you want to hear.

A live search is a biased source?

are you insane?

the bill was written by Phil Gramm who is McCains go to guy on the economy.

Yes Bill gets the credit too for signing it but the Problem was ignored by this entire republican government who fiddled while Rome burned.

Clinton signed it and JM had nothing to do with it. talk about a pathetic deflection

I was liking this thread but TM has given me a headache. I think I'll go lay down and watch TIVO dammit.l

johm mccain

have you read any of my posts?

GW= Bush

BHO=obama

JM=Mccain

Phil Gramm wrote the Gramm leach bliley act of 1999.

McCain has had him advising him all along on economics.

Johm McCain embraces his whole deregulation philosophy

hmmmm...let me see...if banks weren't allowed to lend money one day and sell it as part of an investment package that same afternoon we probably wouldn't be in the mess we are in.

The moral hazard is in bailing out the crooks, not in regulating them.

Ron Paul has gone round the bend.

Phil Gramm wrote the Gramm leach bliley act of 1999.

McCain has had him advising him all along on economics.

Johm McCain embraces his whole deregulation philosophy

what on earth does that have to do with the fact Clinton signed more deregulation than GW?

hmmmm...let me see...if banks weren't allowed to lend money one day and sell it as part of an investment package that same afternoon we probably wouldn't be in the mess we are in.

The moral hazard is in bailing out the crooks, not in regulating them.

Ron Paul has gone round the bend.

They would have been fine if they hadn't lent the money to people who couldn't afford it, and who SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER.

Both are to blame. But You don't get to blame deregulation while completely avoiding the manipulation of credit by the Fed.

There's no reason a bank should be setting our rates as they see fit, and offering virtually-free overnight credit to supposedly "jumpstart an economy". All they do is jumpstart another bubble with their newly created liquidity that ultimately looks for a home somewhere in the market. It's too much money to be putting into the system, and it causes asset bubbles. It's a damn endless cycle, we watch it happen every 5 or so years now. But somehow, like idiots, we continue to let them do it because you know why? We're too fucking lazy and stupid to care enough to research it for ourselves. We care only enough to allow them to do what they tell us is best for us, because then we can go on living our lives without the headache.

It's much more fun to make it partisan, and blame it on a wedge issue that we can fight about every election, or every catastrophe for that matter.

Have you taken the time to research Austrian economics, Rav?

Forum List

Back