Ron Paul taking major heat from racist comments from his newsletter in the 1990's.

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
In January 2008, the New Republic ran my story reporting the contents of monthly newsletters that Paul published throughout the 1980s and 1990s. While a handful of controversial passages from these bulletins had been quoted previously, I was able to track down nearly the entire archive, scattered between the University of Kansas and the Wisconsin Historical Society (both of which housed the newsletters in collections of extreme right-wing American political literature). Though particular articles rarely carried a byline, the vast majority were written in the first person, while the title of the newsletter, in its various iterations, always featured Paul’s name: Ron Paul’s Freedom Report, the Ron Paul Political Report, the Ron Paul Survival Report, and the Ron Paul Investment Letter. What I found was unpleasant.

“Order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks,” read a typical article from the June 1992 “Special Issue on Racial Terrorism,” a supplement to the Ron Paul Political Report. Racial apocalypse was the most persistent theme of the newsletters; a 1990 issue warned of “The Coming Race War,” and an article the following year about disturbances in the Adams Morgan neighborhood of Washington, D.C., was entitled “Animals Take Over the D.C. Zoo.” Paul alleged that Martin Luther King Jr., “the world-class philanderer who beat up his paramours,” had also “seduced underage girls and boys.” The man who would later proclaim King a “hero” attacked Ronald Reagan for signing legislation creating the federal holiday in his name, complaining, “We can thank him for our annual Hate Whitey Day.”

No conspiracy theory was too outlandish for Paul’s endorsement. One newsletter reported on the heretofore unknown phenomenon of “Needlin’,” in which “gangs of black girls between the ages of 12 and 14” roamed the streets of New York and injected white women with possibly HIV-infected syringes. Another newsletter warned that “the AIDS patient” should not be allowed to eat in restaurants because “AIDS can be transmitted by saliva,” a strange claim for a physician to make.
The Company Ron Paul Keeps | The Weekly Standard

And then here's an old video from Chris Mathews regarding this newsletter.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/37982...rs_fallout_hardball_with_chris_mathews_msnbc/

Now--I sure don't remember this back in 2008--probably because no one thought of Ron Paul as a viable candidate. But now that he is in 1st place in Iowa--he can welcome himself to Newt Gingrich's world--where millions of dollars--including one from Ron Paul regarding Gingrich's association with Freddie Mac is bought and paid for by the Ron Paul campaign.

It appears that Ron Paul has some associations he would like to forget also--:badgrin:

Here is a recent video of Ron Paul walking out of an interview with CNN regarding the same topic matter:

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_los34vzaXS1qg2mip.gif

Forum List

Back