Ron Paul takes lead in latest Iowa poll!

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
Some ought to check the water in Iowa for contaminants. That's the only explanation I can see for why the GOP base seems determined to nominate someone who's essentially unelectable.

I mean, Herman Cain? Come on! Nobody could believe that he had a shot until he rocketed to the top of the polls? Then Newt? And now Ron Paul? Hell, Ron Paul is actually hated by most talk radio purveyors of conservative orthodoxy. So, what's going on here? Is the hatred and distrust of Romney actually SO great that the GOP base is willing to nominate just anyone?

Texas Rep. Ron Paul is now atop the field in Iowa of Republicans looking to unseat President Obama next year.

Paul has the support of 27.5 percent of likely voters for the Jan. 3 caucuses, which kick of the 2012 race for the Republican nomination for president in less than two weeks, according to a poll conducted by Iowa State University/Gazette/KCRG.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich finished a close second, with 25.3 percent, followed by former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who took 17.5 percent.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57346123-503544/ron-paul-
takes-lead-in-latest-iowa-poll/

Last edited:
Interesting.........

I don't like any of them.......

But any of them would be better than what we have........

As a general rule, for a challenger to win a presidential election, people have to be willing to vote FOR the nominee, and not just vote against the incumbent. So, your comment bodes ill for any prospective nominee if he or she doesn't have real broad-based support.

Some ought to check the water in Iowa for contaminants. That's the only explanation I can see for why the GOP base seems determined to nominate someone who's essentially unelectable.

I mean, Herman Cain? Come on! Nobody could believe that he had a shot until he rocketed to the top of the polls? Then Newt? And now Ron Paul? Hell, Ron Paul is actually hated by most talk radio perveyors of conservative orthodoxy. So, what's going on here? Is the hatred and distrust of Romney actually SO great that the GOP base is willing to nominate just anyone?

Shame on those Iowans. They should listen to the media and the party leadership and fall in line. What the hell is wrong with them, anyway?

Ron Paul has his own traveling political carnival who show up to vote for him. If you look it up, Paul has won I believe so far, 41 straw polls. Some of them with a margin of over 80%. The GOP base doesn't care any more for Ron Paul than they ever did. He just has this core group of demented acolytes who follow him around and vote.

Just for giggles look up Ron Paul Straw Poll, see how many he's won and those margins. YET he polls nationally at around 8%.

So I guess it's Ron Paul's turn to be at the top of the polls as the conservative base rotates around to each candidate to find someone - anyone - who isn't Romney.

And Iowa is just the first step in the process.............very long process....:eusa_boohoo:

So I guess it's Ron Paul's turn to be at the top of the polls as the conservative base rotates around to each candidate to find someone - anyone - who isn't Romney.

And Iowa is just the first step in the process.............very long process....:eusa_boohoo:

But just over 10 months from now we will have all the answers.......... And hopefully it will include a new President elect.....

If Iowans actually do vote for Ron Paul, they should probably look into kicking them out of the party.

I mean, Herman Cain? Come on! Nobody could believe that he had a shot until he rocketed to the top of the polls? Then Newt? And now Ron Paul? Hell, Ron Paul is actually hated by most talk radio perveyors of conservative orthodoxy. So, what's going on here? Is the hatred and distrust of Romney actually SO great that the GOP base is willing to nominate just anyone?

Texas Rep. Ron Paul is now atop the field in Iowa of Republicans looking to unseat President Obama next year.

Paul has the support of 27.5 percent of likely voters for the Jan. 3 caucuses, which kick of the 2012 race for the Republican nomination for president in less than two weeks, according to a poll conducted by Iowa State University/Gazette/KCRG.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich finished a close second, with 25.3 percent, followed by former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who took 17.5 percent.

Check the water for contanimants, too funny! Got reps for that!

Check the water for contanimants, too funny! Got reps for that!

Thanks. But just to be on the safe, if you're ever in Iowa, buy bottled water! Otherwise, there's no telling what you might do.

Ron Paul has his own traveling political carnival who show up to vote for him. If you look it up, Paul has won I believe so far, 41 straw polls. Some of them with a margin of over 80%. The GOP base doesn't care any more for Ron Paul than they ever did. He just has this core group of demented acolytes who follow him around and vote.

Just for giggles look up Ron Paul Straw Poll, see how many he's won and those margins. YET he polls nationally at around 8%.

Cry harder for me.

This is the equivalent of Furman going up by a field goal over Florida in the first 3 minutes of the 1st quarter.

Nothing to see here folks, move along...

For the more retarded people in this thread, scientifically conducted phone surveys of likely caucus goers are not straw polls.

Forum List

Back