Ron Paul Supports Ground Zero Mosque

Give an inch, they will take a mile. Sharia law is already here. It's already being used as an excuse for murder by those who do honor killings. Will there eventually be stoning in some backwards hickville where none can see? I wouldn't doubt it.
Ron Paul is an ass.
I don't give a fuck where they build their mosque, but I do care that most NYorkers do NOT want it within a stones throw (pun intended) to where so many died while radical islamists LLELELELELELEELLE'd and laughed and cheered in their scummy dirty nasty assed streets over the towers falling all those people trying to help the injured inside. You bet I have a problem with that.
But at the same time, I want a pork barbeque restaurant to go in right next door, and on the other side, a gay bar catering to gays. Oh, and lets build a monument for the Hitler regime right next to Auschwitz while we are all in the tolerant mood.

Frankly, I'm fed up with supposing to be open minded and tolerant towards radical extremist people who don't show the same consideration for us. Period. So therefore, I don't intend to. Religion or not.

And are they all ballless eunichs, those imans? Not once have I read anywhere one of them saying "our religion is peaceful (gag) and since it is upsetting our american friends and fellow citizens, we will move the mosque elsewhere". Oh no. They say they can build wherever they want, they own the land, no it is not for sale, deal with it and practice TOLERANCE as to what THEY want right near the graves of people DEAD due to their sick perverted religious beliefs. I don't see any meeting of the minds or agreement to do what is right for all concerned. I see one group demanding WE bend over so they can fuck us in the ass without vaseline.

Sorry for the mini rant. Tired. Grumpy. Intolerant. So, I'm going to bed. I'll be in a better frame of mind in the morning, but my opinion stands whether I'm farting rainbows or waving my fists angrily. They can kiss my white american female infidel ass.

Fair enough, but I don't understand why Ron Paul is the target of your anger based on what he said.

He never said that America deserved the attack, or said that Sharia Law is a good thing.
He said that the attacks were a response to the aggressive US presence in the Middle East and maybe if you had pursued a different, less interventionist foreign policy it wouldn't have happened.

I don't see that as disrespectful or treasonous, I see it as a valid point of view.
Many people in the US are in agreement with taking a less active, or at least interventionist, role in foreign affairs, they would just use a different example.

Ron Paul argued that WE are at fault for 9/11. He might as well been Rev Wright saying "America's Chickens are coming home to roost!"

He never said that, but I bet he knew that there were plenty willing to take that interpretation.

No wonder Giulliani jumped all over it, it was an easy target and he'd been cynically riding on a wave of righteous anger and indignation ever since the attacks.

Why do you think it happened?
Do you think that the terrorists hoped that America would roll over and accept Sharia Law?
They were poking you with a sharp stick and saying "fuck you!"

Why is it that people get so personally offended when a politician says we've made mistakes in our foreign policy?

If they make a mistake with education, no one gets offended. Mistake in welfare/social security/bailouts no one gets personally offended, people disagree.

Every single warmongering venture we've had has been a mistake in my opinion, when your mistakes end up killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people, wouldn't common sense tell you that there's gonna be blowback?

Fair enough, but I don't understand why Ron Paul is the target of your anger based on what he said.

He never said that America deserved the attack, or said that Sharia Law is a good thing.
He said that the attacks were a response to the aggressive US presence in the Middle East and maybe if you had pursued a different, less interventionist foreign policy it wouldn't have happened.

I don't see that as disrespectful or treasonous, I see it as a valid point of view.
Many people in the US are in agreement with taking a less active, or at least interventionist, role in foreign affairs, they would just use a different example.

Ron Paul argued that WE are at fault for 9/11. He might as well been Rev Wright saying "America's Chickens are coming home to roost!"

He never said that, but I bet he knew that there were plenty willing to take that interpretation.

No wonder Giulliani jumped all over it, it was an easy target and he'd been cynically riding on a wave of righteous anger and indignation ever since the attacks.

Do you think that the terrorists hoped that America would roll over and accept Sharia Law?

Wow, your political interpretation of things is just breath taking. I bet Ron Paul is glad to have you on his side. :cuckoo:

Can you tell me the last time this country was attacked, merely to poke a sharp stick at us and say "F you?"

I mean really????????? This is your idea of defending Ron Paul?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ron Paul is probably the most the most honest and ideologically coherent politician in the Republican Party, or perhaps the entire American political establishment, and although it's not the answer that I would give, it IS entirely an issue of private property, and that's exactly what his conservative, free-market, anti-Government political ideology would indicate him to say (and anybody else who claims to follow such an ideology). Unlike most hypocrites that inhabit the Capitol building, Ron Paul doesn't pander: He means what he says and he really believes it. He doesn't say what people want to hear: He tells it like it IS.

"I think the party has lost its way, because the conservative wing of the Rep party always advocated a non-interventionist foreign policy, ..., George Bush won the election in the year 2000 campaigning on a humble foreign policy - no nation-building, no policing of the world. Republicans were elected to end the Korean War, Republicans were elected to end the Vietnam War. There's a strong tradition of being anti-War by the Republican Party, it is the constitutional position, the advice of the founders to follow a non-interventionist foreign policy - no entangling alliances, be friends with countries, negotiate and talk with them and trade with them. Just think of tremendous improvements in relations with Vietnam - we lost 60,000 men, came home in defeat, now we go over there and invest in Vietnam. There is a lot of merit to the advice of the founders and following the constitution. My argument is that we shouldn't go to War so carelessly, when we do the wars don't end."

"Non-intervention was a major contributing factor - have you ever read the reasons why they attacked us? ... Right now we're building an embassy in Iraq that's bigger than the Vatican, we're building 14 perm bases, what would we say here if China was doing this in our country or in the Gulf of Mexico. We would object. We have to look at it from the perspective of somebody doing it to us."

He's right!!

Loved how he danced around answering the Sharia question. "Well, that happens there. It won't be here". Um, does he know what compliance even means??

Like I said before. Sharia being applied here will be over my dead body.

That's almost ENTIRELY the point. Yours and ~300,000,000 other Americans. The point is that the entire "sharia law" line is a fearmongering straw-man fantasy. There won't be Sharia law in America, today, tomorrow, or in 1,000 years. It's a red herring meant to raise up some emotional response. The point is that it is precisely in countries like SAUDI ARABIA where the government dictates where and when a particular religious building can or cannot be constructed (ie, for anything but mosques, nowhere and no time). The point is that the United States isn't like Saudi Arabia and shouldn't behave like it.

Give an inch, they will take a mile. Sharia law is already here. It's already being used as an excuse for murder by those who do honor killings. Will there eventually be stoning in some backwards hickville where none can see? I wouldn't doubt it.
Ron Paul is an ass.
I don't give a fuck where they build their mosque, but I do care that most NYorkers do NOT want it within a stones throw (pun intended) to where so many died while radical islamists LLELELELELELEELLE'd and laughed and cheered in their scummy dirty nasty assed streets over the towers falling all those people trying to help the injured inside. You bet I have a problem with that.
But at the same time, I want a pork barbeque restaurant to go in right next door, and on the other side, a gay bar catering to gays. Oh, and lets build a monument for the Hitler regime right next to Auschwitz while we are all in the tolerant mood.

Frankly, I'm fed up with supposing to be open minded and tolerant towards radical extremist people who don't show the same consideration for us. Period. So therefore, I don't intend to. Religion or not.

And are they all ballless eunichs, those imans? Not once have I read anywhere one of them saying "our religion is peaceful (gag) and since it is upsetting our american friends and fellow citizens, we will move the mosque elsewhere". Oh no. They say they can build wherever they want, they own the land, no it is not for sale, deal with it and practice TOLERANCE as to what THEY want right near the graves of people DEAD due to their sick perverted religious beliefs. I don't see any meeting of the minds or agreement to do what is right for all concerned. I see one group demanding WE bend over so they can fuck us in the ass without vaseline.

Sorry for the mini rant. Tired. Grumpy. Intolerant. So, I'm going to bed. I'll be in a better frame of mind in the morning, but my opinion stands whether I'm farting rainbows or waving my fists angrily. They can kiss my white american female infidel ass.

So, we can go around the world kicking people in the nuts and not expect any reaction?

Why do republicans hate freedoms like freedom of religion? I never understood why they want to stop this war on Christianity yet don't defend the right for someone different to practice their religion when and where they want.

Why do republicans hate freedoms like freedom of religion? I never understood why they want to stop this war on Christianity yet don't defend the right for someone different to practice their religion when and where they want.

To me it's more about property rights.

Should people have basic property rights, or should government seize the property of individuals unpopular in current society?

It's kinda like should a school make it ok to let bullies take backpacks from nerds, same level of childishness.

One of the few issues i disagree with the good Doctor on. While i support their right to build their Mosque,i feel it would be wrong to do so. If they really wanted to show compassion for 911 victims,they would build their Mosque somewhere else. I'm still a Paulitician but i do disagree with the good Doctor from time to time. This is one of those times.

Breitbart.tv » Ron Paul Supports Ground Zero Mosque;

And THAT is why I don't support Ron Paul!

He's a moron!

This is the "conservative" who argued that we were to blame for 9/11 and that we needed to understand why Muslims are so angry with us. Yes, he did. I still remember it. Guiliani ate him alive in a 2007 debate after he said that.

YouTube - Terrorism: Ron Paul vs. Giuliani @ SC Debate

THIS is why Ron Paul lost the primaries in 2008, and the above is why this dumbass will lose again!

I know this will put me in the cross hairs of the Ron Paul kooks once again, but this has got to be spread far and wide.

Ron Paul is NOT the answer to our problems.

There is a fundamental distinction between understanding and excusing what drive people to violent political acts. Rep. Paul is trying to foster understnding.

Ron Paul is an ass.

Total BS from the beginning. Sharia law is not a legal defense for murder. Stonings in Hickville? Will they be doing that right after the anual drag a n****r through the street parade?
Rep. Paul is not the ass here......

Ron Paul is probably the most the most honest and ideologically coherent politician in the Republican Party, or perhaps the entire American political establishment, and although it's not the answer that I would give, it IS entirely an issue of private property, and that's exactly what his conservative, free-market, anti-Government political ideology would indicate him to say (and anybody else who claims to follow such an ideology). Unlike most hypocrites that inhabit the Capitol building, Ron Paul doesn't pander: He means what he says and he really believes it. He doesn't say what people want to hear: He tells it like it IS.

"I think the party has lost its way, because the conservative wing of the Rep party always advocated a non-interventionist foreign policy, ..., George Bush won the election in the year 2000 campaigning on a humble foreign policy - no nation-building, no policing of the world. Republicans were elected to end the Korean War, Republicans were elected to end the Vietnam War. There's a strong tradition of being anti-War by the Republican Party, it is the constitutional position, the advice of the founders to follow a non-interventionist foreign policy - no entangling alliances, be friends with countries, negotiate and talk with them and trade with them. Just think of tremendous improvements in relations with Vietnam - we lost 60,000 men, came home in defeat, now we go over there and invest in Vietnam. There is a lot of merit to the advice of the founders and following the constitution. My argument is that we shouldn't go to War so carelessly, when we do the wars don't end."

"Non-intervention was a major contributing factor - have you ever read the reasons why they attacked us? ... Right now we're building an embassy in Iraq that's bigger than the Vatican, we're building 14 perm bases, what would we say here if China was doing this in our country or in the Gulf of Mexico. We would object. We have to look at it from the perspective of somebody doing it to us."

He's right!!

Loved how he danced around answering the Sharia question. "Well, that happens there. It won't be here". Um, does he know what compliance even means??

Like I said before. Sharia being applied here will be over my dead body.

That's almost ENTIRELY the point. Yours and ~300,000,000 other Americans. The point is that the entire "sharia law" line is a fearmongering straw-man fantasy. There won't be Sharia law in America, today, tomorrow, or in 1,000 years. It's a red herring meant to raise up some emotional response. The point is that it is precisely in countries like SAUDI ARABIA where the government dictates where and when a particular religious building can or cannot be constructed (ie, for anything but mosques, nowhere and no time). The point is that the United States isn't like Saudi Arabia and shouldn't behave like it.

Thank you for letting us know you think America is at fault for 9/11.
Yeah! There won't be sharia law and there won't be buildings falling down with thousands of people in it, because of Islamics wanting to force this country to obey Islam. It's all a fantasy!

Oh wait, there were already buildings that were destroyed because of Islamic Terror????????

Ooops! Guess it's not such a fantasy after all!

Um, where do you see him saying 9/11 was our fault? ....besides in your own head, that is.

One of the few issues i disagree with the good Doctor on. While i support their right to build their Mosque,i feel it would be wrong to do so. If they really wanted to show compassion for 911 victims,they would build their Mosque somewhere else. I'm still a Paulitician but i do disagree with the good Doctor from time to time. This is one of those times.

What about Murphysboro Tennessee? Is that too close? Seriously freedom of religion means to not give a damn about what anyone else think. They have EVERY RIGHT TO BUILD WHAT THEY WANT ON THEIR OWN PRIVATE PROPERTY.

Period, non issue.

What about Murphysboro Tennessee? Is that too close? Seriously freedom of religion means to not give a damn about what anyone else think. They have EVERY RIGHT TO BUILD WHAT THEY WANT ON THEIR OWN PRIVATE PROPERTY.

Period, non issue.

Well said, denying them the right to build a few blocks from ground zero is a VERY slippery slope.

Then what? 100 miles from a capital building? None in New York? None in DC? None by farms in Pennsylvania?

Yeah, that'll keep them from hating us.....................

Period, non issue.

Well said, denying them the right to build a few blocks from ground zero is a VERY slippery slope.

Then what? 100 miles from a capital building? None in New York? None in DC? None by farms in Pennsylvania?

It is their right but on the other hand maybe the builder of the 'mosque', or whatever it is, should pause and consider the sensibilities of others and how it might be counter-productive to the relationship between the communities.
In any case it should be their call alone.

Tolerance goes both ways.

Wow, your political interpretation of things is just breath taking. I bet Ron Paul is glad to have you on his side. :cuckoo:

Can you tell me the last time this country was attacked, merely to poke a sharp stick at us and say "F you?"

I mean really????????? This is your idea of defending Ron Paul?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not on Ron Paul's side, I have no idea of his politics and I don't even know what he's running for...Prez, Senate, Mayor, School Board...?
I might hate what he stands for...I don't know.

I happen to think he is making an obvious point...well, obvious to anyone but the unthinking, righteous-anger, ugly mob that won't accept any discussion of the September 11 attacks beyond that of foaming at the mouth and shouting loudly.

I can almost feel the spittle coming through the screen as you scream at your computer and punch at the keyboard.

My anger at Ron Paul is he is being PC because he has an agenda to be PC. He wants to be president. Anyone that does not see whats right under his nose and is FOR something so horrendous from peoples who want US DEAD makes him an asshole and worthy of my anger. Old fucktard can drop dead as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure 7 virgins will not be awaiting his sorry ass in Paradise. He is an infidel and just gave a thumbs up for our enemies who are not stupid. They will pull us down and destroy us from WITHIN. Watch and see.

I don't think Ron Paul is being PC. I don't think he knows how to be PC.

And quite frankly, I agree with him on the issue. I don't believe people should forced not to build religious buildings because others don't like it. We have religious freedom in this nation. We believe in Private property. Allowing them to exercise the rights inherent to religious freedom and private property is key to being an American. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg. They are free to do so even if you or I don't like it.

I will say it would be nice if they had alittle tact in what they are doing and kept in mind the victims. But unless they are planning to use it as a base of operations to attack us further, we have nothing to worry about.

Also, they aren't our worst enemies. We are. Until we repent of our sins and turn to God, until we begin to be honest, work hard, live within our means, reach out to those in need instead of outsourcing our "charity" to the government, we are going to end up destroying ourselves.

It is their right but on the other hand maybe the builder of the 'mosque', or whatever it is, should pause and consider the sensibilities of others and how it might be counter-productive to the relationship between the communities.

I completely agree. They should certainly take into consideration the feelings of their neighbors, especially considering what happened on 9/11. But they still have the right to build there. i don't see how Ron Paul is wrong here.

I agree with most of what you say, Avatar4321...except that WE have to continue turning the other cheek. I'm fed up with it, myself. If I were a new yorker and one of my family died in one of those towers or was one of the thousands that died trying to save others, I'd be fighting that mosque with my last breath. And if I didn't win, you can bet I would be opening a gay bar as close to it as I could with free servings of pork ribs. Daily.

Enough is enough.

I agree with most of what you say, Avatar4321...except that WE have to continue turning the other cheek. I'm fed up with it, myself. If I were a new yorker and one of my family died in one of those towers or was one of the thousands that died trying to save others, I'd be fighting that mosque with my last breath. And if I didn't win, you can bet I would be opening a gay bar as close to it as I could with free servings of pork ribs. Daily.

Enough is enough.

Funny, I think we need to start turning the other cheek. We've not really even tried it.

And if I was a New Yorker, which, thankfully, I'm not, I'd be working on forgiving those who hurt me. Because I know my family wouldn't want me to be angry and bitter and hold that resentment toward others in my heart. They would want me to be healed by the Atonement and happy.

But I guess it's a matter of perspective.

Period, non issue.

I think the the buyer should pause and determine if the spot is where there are muslims who would go to the mosque, if it's cost effective, and compare those to other locations in the same regard.

No property owner should give a damn about others bigotry-motivated sensitivities when making lawful choices, I sure as hell know I wouldn't.

Forum List

Back