Ron Paul supporters, what do you disagree with Ron Paul on?

Iran however is crazy enough and has enough resources and capabilities to attack us. Ahmadinejad would certainly go on some Middle East conquest if Paul stuck to his no intervention policy.... Ahmadinejad would build a coalition of Islamic countries/states and before you knew it you would have an army the size of China's army heading for the shores of the US looking to do what the Spanish did in South America circa 16th century..

This is pretty sensationalist, that's for sure.

Let's just assume for the sake of argument this was correct. Why do we need to fill the middle east up with hundreds of thousands of troops and spend trillions of dollars stationing them and building embassies? Why can't we just simply state that Country A is our ally, and if you engage them militarily you will have missiles raining down on your capital in a matter of minutes?

Regardless of what you think about foreign interventionism, the way we are going about it is just way too extreme. We have the kind of technology that we don't need to BE everywhere to be able to strike everywhere, if that makes sense.

We have embassies because we have citizens abroad...

We have military bases in foreign countries because our allies want to feel safe and they know we will protect them. That way those said countries have to pay little on defense and pretty much use us as their big brother...

War is a tricky subject... I "supported" the war in Iraq because I wanted to see Saddams head on a post, however we were just there too long and for no fucking reason...

However I believe Iraq was used as some sort of Armageddon for terrorists ... Or in short "you come to us so we don't have to come to you." Many extremists didn't fall for that course of psychology... Of course in the end we ended up fighting people who were not terrorists but people who just didn't like their country occupied.... I can't blame them because I wouldn't like my country occupied either - hell I cant stand OWS and they're citizens.

I think that's a bit of a stretch. Israel will not allow Iran to gain much more strength before they intervene.

Are you kidding me?

Israel is no threat to Iran and Iran would bomb Israel into oblivion... The only defense Israel has over Iran is nuclear weaponry - and even then I don't think Iran gives a shit because if Israel did send a nuke their way Ahmadinejad would spin it as "the evil Jews have come to kill us so now you kill every non-Muslim you can find."

It would be a total disaster..... It would be WWII all over again, but this time Ahmadinejad would play the role of Hitler..

Bomb Israel into oblivion with WHAT? Israel has hundreds of nuclear weapons, and Iran, if they're even trying to make them, MIGHT end up with one.

Where do you come up with this shit?

Are you under the media delusion that Iran is some tribal country with no military??

Iran has a fierce military that possesses weaponry as technological as any nation on this globe...

Israel would stand no chance against Iran...

Iran is about 75x the size of Israel...

Not to mention and without question Iran has nukes too - they just don't have a known and viable delivery system...

If there was a war between Israel and Iran it would spell WWIII.... Israel would have no choice but to send a nuke, then the media would paint Israel as the "bad guys" and Iran would point Israel into oblivion then claim a victory for "Islam."

I have gone over this scenario several hundred times in my head...

You better believe if Israel is destroyed Iran and Russia will without question attack us while China sits back and watches.... Of course then we would launch nukes against both and our world turns into a fucking post apocalyptic wasteland..

The chain-reaction of events is not stomaching.

Are you kidding me?

Israel is no threat to Iran and Iran would bomb Israel into oblivion... The only defense Israel has over Iran is nuclear weaponry - and even then I don't think Iran gives a shit because if Israel did send a nuke their way Ahmadinejad would spin it as "the evil Jews have come to kill us so now you kill every non-Muslim you can find."

It would be a total disaster..... It would be WWII all over again, but this time Ahmadinejad would play the role of Hitler..

Bomb Israel into oblivion with WHAT? Israel has hundreds of nuclear weapons, and Iran, if they're even trying to make them, MIGHT end up with one.

Are you under the media delusion that Iran is some tribal country with no military??

Iran has a fierce military that possesses weaponry as technological as any nation on this globe...

Not to mention and without question Iran has nukes too - they just don't have a known and viable delivery system...

If there was a war between Israel and Iran it would spell WWIII.... Israel would have no choice but to send a nuke, then the media would paint Israel as the "bad guys" and Iran would point Israel into oblivion then claim a victory for "Islam."

You better believe if Israel is destroyed Iran and Russia will without question attack us while China sits back and watches.... Of course then we would launch nukes against both and our world turns into a fucking post apocalyptic wasteland..

Reading your post felt like a Tom Clancey book.

I am looking for the news article from 2001 that had this same scenario, but with Iraq in place of Iran.

Are you kidding me?

Israel would lose if they invaded Iran by ground, that much is certain. But Israel would not lose if Iran tried to invade them. Iran doesn't have even remotely the kind of firepower that Israel has. Iran would need airpower, which is inferior to Israel's, and Israel has enough firepower to destroy Iran's ground forces before they ever even started marching.

And I don't know where you're getting this Iran has nukes crap from, because every mainstream account of their progress is that they still don't even possess the capability to enrich uranium into weapons grade, but here you are claiming they HAVE nuclear weapons but just can't deliver them.

You're confusing what you SUSPECT about them with what is currently known, and that's how thousands of troops and hundreds of thousands of civilians die in unnecessary wars.

Even after all this whacked out shit from this guy, he says he supports Paul for president.

Something doesn't add up, because I don't think there's a single Ron Paul supporter who actually believes this shit.

People say and do odd things when they are afraid and the media is the masters at pumping the fear.

I'm a Ron Paul supporter and I think this thread needed to be made.

I disagree with him that a Fed can't work, I agree with him that THIS Fed doesn't work.

I think his view on evolution is an embarassment. It spits in the fact of common sense and science, especially for a doctor who had to deal with the flu.

But he's better than the others and it's not even close. I don't have to agree with a politician on everything, he/she just has to be for fiscal responsibility and a small federal gov't.

What say you?

What I agree on:
-Second Amendment
-School Choice
-Strong on Homeschool
-His Stance on Abortion Being a State Issue
-Border Security
-Freedom of Speech
-No Foreign Occupations
-Bring Home Troops
-Scale Back Foreign Aid
-Audit the Fed
-Get rid of unconstitutional federal agencies
-Withdrawal from U.N.
-End War on Drugs

What I Don't Agree On
-We were attacked because we meddle in peoples lives.
-I would like to see a federal marriage amendment, even though it's really not THAT important.
-Death Penalty
-expansion/privatization of federal military benefits
-we have different ideas on how to fix social security, I do support privatization though

Last edited:
Are you kidding me?

I'm glad this is not a position Ron Paul currently holds, or I might have had to switch to Romney....

...Ew.

Forum List

Back