Ron Paul Statement On Supreme Court Obamacare Decision...

Congressman Ron Paul issued the following statement on the Supreme Court's decision to uphold most of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

"I strongly disagree with today’s decision by the Supreme Court, but I am not surprised. The Court has a dismal record when it comes to protecting liberty against unconstitutional excesses by Congress.

"Today we should remember that virtually everything government does is a 'mandate.' The issue is not whether Congress can compel commerce by forcing you to buy insurance, or simply compel you to pay a tax if you don’t. The issue is that this compulsion implies the use of government force against those who refuse. The fundamental hallmark of a free society should be the rejection of force. In a free society, therefore, individuals could opt out of “Obamacare” without paying a government tribute.

"Those of us in Congress who believe in individual liberty must work tirelessly to repeal this national health care law and reduce federal involvement in healthcare generally. Obamacare can only increase third party interference in the doctor-patient relationship, increase costs, and reduce the quality of care. Only free market medicine can restore the critical independence of doctors, reduce costs through real competition and price sensitivity, and eliminate enormous paperwork burdens. Americans will opt out of Obamacare with or without Congress, but we can seize the opportunity today by crafting the legal framework to allow them to do so."

Statement on Supreme Court Obamacare Decision
Ron Paul Statement on Supreme Court Obamacare Decision | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

I wish Paul weren't such a moonbat when it comes to foreign policy... because otherwise, he gets it.

It's a horrifying debacle. Big Brother now owns your body. Freedom & Liberty were struck a major blow yesterday. And that's what Dr. Paul was talking about.

But there you go again.

Generalized butthurt moaning does not solve the Constitutional issue.

You seem to be very confused. Standing up to fight and change an injustice, doesn't = "Butthurt." It's how things get changed.

Empty words.

What is Ron Paul's position on fixing the Constitutional flaw which is interpreted over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again as being the absurdly broad power of the Federal gubmint to tax?

Great statement by Dr. Paul. But I truly believe that this "verdict" by the SCOTUS is a blessing.

Too many waited and hoped and prayed and lived a pipe dream that the Supreme Court was going to magically wipe away Obamacare. Consequently, we've lived in this political dead zone for far too long.

On one hand, we can't state over and over that we don't want judicial action from the bench but then sit still and wait with baited breath for the Men in Black to hand down their wisdom from on high; a Washington version of Mount Olympus.

The blessing is that the SCOTUS have called this mandate what it really is. A tax. As I said in another thread they have just handed us our ammo and now we are loaded for bear.

The good fight is just about to begin.

This same scenario played out when it was "the supremes will save us from MedD" meme.

Generalized butthurt moaning..................

does not solve ANY thing.

Freedom and Liberty were not struck a blow yesterday unless we, the peop[le, have suddenly also lost our right to vote. Is the good doctor [not a lawyer] suggesting this whole issue is over??

I give you the words of Justice Roberts from his decision:

Members of this Court are vested with the authority to interpret the law; we possess neither the expertise nor the prerogative to make policy judgments. Those decisions are entrusted to our Nation’s elected leaders, who can be thrown out of office if the people disagree with them. It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices.

Congressman Ron Paul issued the following statement on the Supreme Court's decision to uphold most of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

"I strongly disagree with today’s decision by the Supreme Court, but I am not surprised. The Court has a dismal record when it comes to protecting liberty against unconstitutional excesses by Congress.

"Today we should remember that virtually everything government does is a 'mandate.' The issue is not whether Congress can compel commerce by forcing you to buy insurance, or simply compel you to pay a tax if you don’t. The issue is that this compulsion implies the use of government force against those who refuse. The fundamental hallmark of a free society should be the rejection of force. In a free society, therefore, individuals could opt out of “Obamacare” without paying a government tribute.

"Those of us in Congress who believe in individual liberty must work tirelessly to repeal this national health care law and reduce federal involvement in healthcare generally. Obamacare can only increase third party interference in the doctor-patient relationship, increase costs, and reduce the quality of care. Only free market medicine can restore the critical independence of doctors, reduce costs through real competition and price sensitivity, and eliminate enormous paperwork burdens. Americans will opt out of Obamacare with or without Congress, but we can seize the opportunity today by crafting the legal framework to allow them to do so."

Ron Paul Statement on Supreme Court Obamacare Decision | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Says the rich man with the best government provided health care in the world. Anyone who "opts out" so to speak is a dumb ass to walk around without health insurance.

The 'Rich' are completley fine with this ruling. They had nothing to lose. In fact, they may actually benefit greatly from it. It's the Middle Class who will suffer and pay for this debacle. The Mandate or Tax, is wrong and Un-American. The Government now owns your body. I assure you, someday you will regret celebrating this.

None of the wealthy I know are fine with this ruling. They treasure their liberties more than their wealth. They don't want to feel owned.

And neither do Romney supporters according to this article:

"Mitt Romney's presidential campaign has raised $4.3 million since the Supreme Court ruled that President Obama's healthcare law is constitutional.

Romney started raising funds immediately after the decision, and in a message to supporters Friday morning his campaign spokeswoman said he had raised $4.3 million from 43,000 donations.

"As of this morning, we have raised $4.3 million with 43,000 donations online," spokeswoman Andrea Saul said.

"The Supreme Court may have found ObamaCare constitutional, but it remains just as disastrous for job creators as the day the law was passed. ObamaCare is a job killer — it raises taxes, cuts Medicare and puts government between patients and their doctors," Saul added.

Romney raises $4.3M after health ruling - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room-

Yea Ronnie, you care about the patients, we can tell. So long as they can afford overpriced care and are not sick to begin with, they can get all the care they need. What a stupid ass he is.

Yeah, that's why he provided free care to his own patients who couldn't afford to pay him. What a jerk.

I wish Paul weren't such a moonbat when it comes to foreign policy... because otherwise, he gets it.

Try giving him another chance on Foreign Policy. He gets that too.

But there you go again.

Generalized butthurt moaning does not solve the Constitutional issue.

You seem to be very confused. Standing up to fight and change an injustice, doesn't = "Butthurt." It's how things get changed.

Empty words.

What is Ron Paul's position on fixing the Constitutional flaw which is interpreted over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again as being the absurdly broad power of the Federal gubmint to tax?

Check out Ron Paul a bit more. He speaks on his own positions far better than i ever could.

Poor old guy. He keeps going back to the GOP trough only to be kicked time and again.

I suppose this is all the liberals fault, huh? It can't be the GOP's fault for essentially turning Paul and his supporters into a pariah.

Did you honestly think they were ever going to let you guys be in charge?

Yea Ronnie, you care about the patients, we can tell. So long as they can afford overpriced care and are not sick to begin with, they can get all the care they need. What a stupid ass he is.

Negged for being a blatant fucking liar!!

Another rightist nitwit who failed to read the ruling, or failed to comprehend it.

The issue is that this compulsion implies the use of government force against those who refuse. The fundamental hallmark of a free society should be the rejection of force. In a free society, therefore, individuals could opt out of “Obamacare” without paying a government tribute.

The issue is another rightist nitwit who failed to read the law, or failed to comprehend it.

No one is ‘compelled’ to do anything, no ‘force’ is used against anyone – the law itself prohibits it.

But facts mean nothing to Paul, the only thing that matters is the lies he perpetuates for the consumption of his willfully ignorant followers.

Another rightist nitwit who failed to read the ruling, or failed to comprehend it.

The issue is that this compulsion implies the use of government force against those who refuse. The fundamental hallmark of a free society should be the rejection of force. In a free society, therefore, individuals could opt out of “Obamacare” without paying a government tribute.

The issue is another rightist nitwit who failed to read the law, or failed to comprehend it.

No one is ‘compelled’ to do anything, no ‘force’ is used against anyone – the law itself prohibits it.

But facts mean nothing to Paul, the only thing that matters is the lies he perpetuates for the consumption of his willfully ignorant followers.

Yeah, but an Obamabot psycho like you would say that. What else would you say?

All we are saying, is give Freedom & Liberty a chance. Support Constitutional Conservatism. It's the Nation's only hope.

Says the rich man with the best government provided health care in the world. Anyone who "opts out" so to speak is a dumb ass to walk around without health insurance.

The 'Rich' are completley fine with this ruling. They had nothing to lose. In fact, they may actually benefit greatly from it. It's the Middle Class who will suffer and pay for this debacle. The Mandate or Tax, is wrong and Un-American. The Government now owns your body. I assure you, someday you will regret celebrating this.

No one has anything to lose except those who expect to have a good medical system and pay nothing into it, the middle class has insurance for the most part already, and will continue to have it without any noticeable changes except that we will still have a functional health care system in the future. It was headed for collapse, the law has probably prolonged the day when it will have to be taken over by the government.

This wil devastate many many small companies and sole perpetrator ships. Its easy for people to make proclamations such as this as it doesn't effect them at all.

Yeah, but an Obamabot psycho like you would say that. What else would you say?

They just ignore the term MANDATE,then blubber out talking points that mean nothing to a guy on main street

I wish Paul weren't such a moonbat when it comes to foreign policy... because otherwise, he gets it.[/
Dr. Paul get's it. Like his view on personal liberty and freedoms his foreign policy is based on the Constitution. We were never meant to be policeman to the world. EVERYTHING Dr. Paul supports is based on the Constitution. Unlike most other politicians Dr. Paul will not vote outside his belief's to gain support of uninformed voters.

Dr. Paul get's it. Like his view on personal liberty and freedoms his foreign policy is based on the Constitution. We were never meant to be policeman to the world. EVERYTHING Dr. Paul supports is based on the Constitution. Unlike most other politicians Dr. Paul will not vote outside his belief's to gain support of uninformed voters.
Correct

Great statement by Dr. Paul. But I truly believe that this "verdict" by the SCOTUS is a blessing.

Too many waited and hoped and prayed and lived a pipe dream that the Supreme Court was going to magically wipe away Obamacare. Consequently, we've lived in this political dead zone for far too long.

On one hand, we can't state over and over that we don't want judicial action from the bench but then sit still and wait with baited breath for the Men in Black to hand down their wisdom from on high; a Washington version of Mount Olympus.

The blessing is that the SCOTUS have called this mandate what it really is. A tax. As I said in another thread they have just handed us our ammo and now we are loaded for bear.

The good fight is just about to begin.
Do you have insurance?

Forum List

Back