Ron Paul Statement On Supreme Court Obamacare Decision...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Congressman Ron Paul issued the following statement on the Supreme Court's decision to uphold most of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

"I strongly disagree with today’s decision by the Supreme Court, but I am not surprised. The Court has a dismal record when it comes to protecting liberty against unconstitutional excesses by Congress.

"Today we should remember that virtually everything government does is a 'mandate.' The issue is not whether Congress can compel commerce by forcing you to buy insurance, or simply compel you to pay a tax if you don’t. The issue is that this compulsion implies the use of government force against those who refuse. The fundamental hallmark of a free society should be the rejection of force. In a free society, therefore, individuals could opt out of “Obamacare” without paying a government tribute.

"Those of us in Congress who believe in individual liberty must work tirelessly to repeal this national health care law and reduce federal involvement in healthcare generally. Obamacare can only increase third party interference in the doctor-patient relationship, increase costs, and reduce the quality of care. Only free market medicine can restore the critical independence of doctors, reduce costs through real competition and price sensitivity, and eliminate enormous paperwork burdens. Americans will opt out of Obamacare with or without Congress, but we can seize the opportunity today by crafting the legal framework to allow them to do so."

Statement on Supreme Court Obamacare Decision
Ron Paul Statement on Supreme Court Obamacare Decision | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Congressman Ron Paul issued the following statement on the Supreme Court's decision to uphold most of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

"I strongly disagree with today’s decision by the Supreme Court, but I am not surprised. The Court has a dismal record when it comes to protecting liberty against unconstitutional excesses by Congress.

"Today we should remember that virtually everything government does is a 'mandate.' The issue is not whether Congress can compel commerce by forcing you to buy insurance, or simply compel you to pay a tax if you don’t. The issue is that this compulsion implies the use of government force against those who refuse. The fundamental hallmark of a free society should be the rejection of force. In a free society, therefore, individuals could opt out of “Obamacare” without paying a government tribute.

"Those of us in Congress who believe in individual liberty must work tirelessly to repeal this national health care law and reduce federal involvement in healthcare generally. Obamacare can only increase third party interference in the doctor-patient relationship, increase costs, and reduce the quality of care. Only free market medicine can restore the critical independence of doctors, reduce costs through real competition and price sensitivity, and eliminate enormous paperwork burdens. Americans will opt out of Obamacare with or without Congress, but we can seize the opportunity today by crafting the legal framework to allow them to do so."

Ron Paul Statement on Supreme Court Obamacare Decision | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

and know u know why hes hated, he knows this constitution and he knows it well.

Says the rich man with the best government provided health care in the world. Anyone who "opts out" so to speak is a dumb ass to walk around without health insurance.

Yea Ronnie, you care about the patients, we can tell. So long as they can afford overpriced care and are not sick to begin with, they can get all the care they need. What a stupid ass he is.

Says the rich man with the best government provided health care in the world. Anyone who "opts out" so to speak is a dumb ass to walk around without health insurance.

The 'Rich' are completley fine with this ruling. They had nothing to lose. In fact, they may actually benefit greatly from it. It's the Middle Class who will suffer and pay for this debacle. The Mandate or Tax, is wrong and Un-American. The Government now owns your body. I assure you, someday you will regret celebrating this.

Yea Ronnie, you care about the patients, we can tell. So long as they can afford overpriced care and are not sick to begin with, they can get all the care they need. What a stupid ass he is.

Doesn't really change the fact that the bolded was right though.

The 'Rich' are completley fine with this ruling. They had nothing to lose. In fact, they may actually benefit greatly from it. It's the Middle Class who will suffer and pay for this debacle. The Mandate or Tax, is wrong and Un-American. The Government now owns your body. I assure you, someday you will regret celebrating this.

No one has anything to lose except those who expect to have a good medical system and pay nothing into it, the middle class has insurance for the most part already, and will continue to have it without any noticeable changes except that we will still have a functional health care system in the future. It was headed for collapse, the law has probably prolonged the day when it will have to be taken over by the government.

No one has anything to lose except those who expect to have a good medical system and pay nothing into it, the middle class has insurance for the most part already, and will continue to have it without any noticeable changes except that we will still have a functional health care system in the future. It was headed for collapse, the law has probably prolonged the day when it will have to be taken over by the government.

This burden will fall on the Middle Class. You can deny that if you want to, but it is the reality. The very poor and very rich had nothing to lose on this. So as usual, the Middle Class will suffer. But that's just one sad aspect of this. The saddest aspect is that Big Brother now owns your body. More Freedom & Liberty has been lost. As far as i'm concerned, Big Brother can go straight to Hell with his Mandate, or 'Tax.'

Last edited:

I hate ObamaTax like the next guy, but court after court after court confirms the absurdly broad tax authority of the Federal government.

Do you Paul followers know if Ron denies said authority exists, even though it causes us conservatives great butthurt?

And by deny, I don't mean generalized butthurt moaning about incroachment on liberty. We all get that. I mean actionable, Constitutional violation which hundreds of courts over our history just evidently ignore?

I don't think it exists. What we need is a Consitutional Amendment, but I won't hold my breath.

Last edited:

I hate ObamaTax like the next guy, but court after court after court confirms the absurdly broad tax authority of the Federal government.

Do you Paul followers know if Ron denies said authority exists, even though it causes us conservatives great butthurt?

And by deny, I don't mean generalized butthurt moaning about incroachment on liberty. We all get that. I mean actionable, Constitutional violation which hundreds of courts over our history just evidently ignore?

I don't think it exists. What we need is a Consitutional Amendment, but I won't hold my breath.

It's a horrifying debacle. Big Brother now owns your body. Freedom & Liberty were struck a major blow yesterday. And that's what Dr. Paul was talking about.

:salute:

It's a horrifying debacle. Big Brother now owns your body. Freedom & Liberty were struck a major blow yesterday. And that's what Dr. Paul was talking about.

But there you go again.

Generalized butthurt moaning does not solve the Constitutional issue.

That's not for the government to decide, stupid. You lazy liberals keep surrendering power and freedom in exchange for government handouts because you don't want to earn your salary or your health insurance or anything else.

It's amazing that we ask 18 year old kids to die for our freedom in war, but we don't accept that a 52 year old person without healthcare should die for our freedom. If 18 year old kids can make the ultimate sacrifice, surely the selfish, lazy 52-year old liberal can as well, right? The death of an 18 year old is exponentially more tragic as they have barely spent any time on this earth.

I'm tired of the lazy liberal asking everyone else to carry their burden's for them. If you're uninsured - that is your fucking problem! The U.S. should not collapse because of your laziness and your greed. The people of the U.S. do not owe you one damn thing! Put on your big boy and big girl pants, grow the fuck up, and take care of yourself!!!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the 'good' of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Why would it EVER "have to be taken over by government"? This just proves what an ignorant full-fledged Communist you are.

Just because something is too expensive for you or you lazy Communist pals, you think government has the right to "take it over"?

You guys are a cancer to America. And we're about to cut you out....

But there you go again.

Generalized butthurt moaning does not solve the Constitutional issue.

You seem to be very confused. Standing up to fight and change an injustice, doesn't = "Butthurt." It's how things get changed.

Great statement by Dr. Paul. But I truly believe that this "verdict" by the SCOTUS is a blessing.

Too many waited and hoped and prayed and lived a pipe dream that the Supreme Court was going to magically wipe away Obamacare. Consequently, we've lived in this political dead zone for far too long.

On one hand, we can't state over and over that we don't want judicial action from the bench but then sit still and wait with baited breath for the Men in Black to hand down their wisdom from on high; a Washington version of Mount Olympus.

The blessing is that the SCOTUS have called this mandate what it really is. A tax. As I said in another thread they have just handed us our ammo and now we are loaded for bear.

The good fight is just about to begin.

Are you really that blind? This government healthcare will crush the private sector healthcare system right out of business. It may not happen immediately, but it will happen. When it is all said and done, the government will regulate our private insurance out of business and EVERYBODY will be on the government run healthcare system, which by that time will be no better than Englands or Canadas, and in case you have not noticed, people from both of those countries come HERE for better healthcare.
This was another huge power grab by the Statist in Washington, and alot of you rooted for it thinking it was going to be for the better, it is not, and by the time you realize that, it will be too late. Unless of course you just handed both chambers of congress and the white house over to the GOP "Which in case I think you did".

This burden will fall on the Middle Class. You can deny that if you want to, but it is the reality. The very poor and very rich had nothing to lose on this. So as usual, the Middle Class will suffer. But that's just one sad aspect of this. The saddest aspect is that Big Brother now owns your body. More Freedom & Liberty has been lost. As far as i'm concerned, Big Brother can go straight to Hell with his Mandate, or 'Tax.'

I'll go to jail before I pay it. My conscience will not allow me to pay for someones abortion, and I will fight it under freedom of religion.

Great statement by Dr. Paul. But I truly believe that this "verdict" by the SCOTUS is a blessing.

Too many waited and hoped and prayed and lived a pipe dream that the Supreme Court was going to magically wipe away Obamacare. Consequently, we've lived in this political dead zone for far too long.

On one hand, we can't state over and over that we don't want judicial action from the bench but then sit still and wait with baited breath for the Men in Black to hand down their wisdom from on high; a Washington version of Mount Olympus.

The blessing is that the SCOTUS have called this mandate what it really is. A tax. As I said in another thread they have just handed us our ammo and now we are loaded for bear.

The good fight is just about to begin.

Yeah, i hear ya. Getting kicked in the nuts by the Socialists/Progressives is to be expected. But getting kicked in the nuts by another phony so-called "Staunch Conservative" is the ultimate betrayal. What a sad scam.

Forum List

Back