Ron Paul Statement On Supreme Court Obamacare Decision...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by paulitician, Jun 29, 2012.

1. paulitician

paulitician Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,974
    Congressman Ron Paul issued the following statement on the Supreme Court's decision to uphold most of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

"I strongly disagree with today’s decision by the Supreme Court, but I am not surprised. The Court has a dismal record when it comes to protecting liberty against unconstitutional excesses by Congress.

"Today we should remember that virtually everything government does is a 'mandate.' The issue is not whether Congress can compel commerce by forcing you to buy insurance, or simply compel you to pay a tax if you don’t. The issue is that this compulsion implies the use of government force against those who refuse. The fundamental hallmark of a free society should be the rejection of force. In a free society, therefore, individuals could opt out of “Obamacare” without paying a government tribute.

"Those of us in Congress who believe in individual liberty must work tirelessly to repeal this national health care law and reduce federal involvement in healthcare generally. Obamacare can only increase third party interference in the doctor-patient relationship, increase costs, and reduce the quality of care. Only free market medicine can restore the critical independence of doctors, reduce costs through real competition and price sensitivity, and eliminate enormous paperwork burdens. Americans will opt out of Obamacare with or without Congress, but we can seize the opportunity today by crafting the legal framework to allow them to do so."

Statement on Supreme Court Obamacare Decision
    Ron Paul Statement on Supreme Court Obamacare Decision | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. Sinjorri

Sinjorri Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +267
    and know u know why hes hated, he knows this constitution and he knows it well.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,997
    No one hates the sane side of Ron Paul; it's the insane side they don't like.

4. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,742
    Says the rich man with the best government provided health care in the world. Anyone who "opts out" so to speak is a dumb ass to walk around without health insurance.

5. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    Yea Ronnie, you care about the patients, we can tell. So long as they can afford overpriced care and are not sick to begin with, they can get all the care they need. What a stupid ass he is.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. paulitician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,974
    The 'Rich' are completley fine with this ruling. They had nothing to lose. In fact, they may actually benefit greatly from it. It's the Middle Class who will suffer and pay for this debacle. The Mandate or Tax, is wrong and Un-American. The Government now owns your body. I assure you, someday you will regret celebrating this.

7. NeoTemplar

NeoTemplar VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Doesn't really change the fact that the bolded was right though.

8. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,742
    No one has anything to lose except those who expect to have a good medical system and pay nothing into it, the middle class has insurance for the most part already, and will continue to have it without any noticeable changes except that we will still have a functional health care system in the future. It was headed for collapse, the law has probably prolonged the day when it will have to be taken over by the government.

9. paulitician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,974
    This burden will fall on the Middle Class. You can deny that if you want to, but it is the reality. The very poor and very rich had nothing to lose on this. So as usual, the Middle Class will suffer. But that's just one sad aspect of this. The saddest aspect is that Big Brother now owns your body. More Freedom & Liberty has been lost. As far as i'm concerned, Big Brother can go straight to Hell with his Mandate, or 'Tax.'

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  10. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    I hate ObamaTax like the next guy, but court after court after court confirms the absurdly broad tax authority of the Federal government.

Do you Paul followers know if Ron denies said authority exists, even though it causes us conservatives great butthurt?

And by deny, I don't mean generalized butthurt moaning about incroachment on liberty. We all get that. I mean actionable, Constitutional violation which hundreds of courts over our history just evidently ignore?

I don't think it exists. What we need is a Consitutional Amendment, but I won't hold my breath.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012