Ron Paul Snubbed By Republican Jewish Group

You can look it up yourself! It's easy google is your friend.

Ron Paul, himself, is probably not complaining over this snub. It's his anti semitic supporters saying See How Those JEWS Are! Paul knows why he wasn't invited.

Most people, when they're trying to prove something, will cite it.

Google is a great tool, but when I was in school (granny's speakin') we didn't have Google. What takes a few seconds to dig out of a search engine, used to take weeks of research in a library. Are you too young to remember that?

I forget that there are people who are not well informed and too lazy to become informed at all.

Ron Paul Says He Would Have Voted Against Civil Rights Act - COLORLINES

Civil Rights Act

Political Animal - Ron Paul and the Civil Rights Act of 1964

Paul says he would have opposed 1964 Civil Rights Act - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

There's a lot more, going back several years of opposition to civil rights.

If you support free speech then you must be a racist because there are people who use speech to preach hate against blacks and jews. So in order to stifle them we should make it illegal to speak your mind.

This statement is ludicrous right? So is the argument that because Ron Paul supports the states rights and businesses rights that he must be a racist. The world was moving away from racism even as the civil rights act was passed. Do you honestly believe that government legislation changed peoples views? Do you feel that if the federal government made gay marriage legal that all of a sudden everyone would say "oh okay, I guess I was wrong about this all along" and move on? That view is naive and a disparagement of mankinds ability to empathasize and reason on his own.

There are those who hate even now, the laws haven't changed them. There are more who are tolerant and able to set aside differences and see the commonality in us all. We are all human and we are all inherently free. It's only ideas that chain us. We are guided by our principles be they right or be they wrong. One of Ron Pauls principles seems to me to be the pursuit of liberty. If you are a man of your principles then you stick to them even when the choice is hard. If I am in favor of the death penalty for murderers and my son kills someone, then I need to be prepared to see him put to death. I cannot be a man of principle and change my stance because it is convenient. There are good sides and bad sides to freedom. If you believe in freedom and personal responsibility then you have to take the good with the bad. Our country was founded on the idea that the good outweighs the bad.

A business in this day and age would not be able to survive with a sign up that says "whites only" because our morality has evolved as a people. Give us some credit and recognize that we are a better people now. We are more tolerant and able to coexist with others who are different. It's a long road and we have much farther to go but we didn't come this far because of the government. We are here because of a collective decision to change. Not everyone is on board yet but we will get there.

You can look it up yourself! It's easy google is your friend.

Ron Paul, himself, is probably not complaining over this snub. It's his anti semitic supporters saying See How Those JEWS Are! Paul knows why he wasn't invited.

Most people, when they're trying to prove something, will cite it.

Google is a great tool, but when I was in school (granny's speakin') we didn't have Google. What takes a few seconds to dig out of a search engine, used to take weeks of research in a library. Are you too young to remember that?

I forget that there are people who are not well informed and too lazy to become informed at all.

Ron Paul Says He Would Have Voted Against Civil Rights Act - COLORLINES

Civil Rights Act

Political Animal - Ron Paul and the Civil Rights Act of 1964

Paul says he would have opposed 1964 Civil Rights Act - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

There's a lot more, going back several years of opposition to civil rights.

One of the skills most politician learn and practice religiously is avoiding issues which might confuse people - or more importantly, might be used by opponents to build strawmen. When ask about views that touch controversial topics, they equivocate, even outright lie, about what they really believe in order to avoid details that can be twisted and used against them. That's why it's so damnably hard to get anything other than 'spin' out of one of them in an interview.

Paul doesn't do that, which really throws a lot of people. He explains, in as much detail as time permits, his views - even if those views are subtle - on anything and everything he thinks. That's one of that traits that endears him to so many of us. He doesn't play the bullshit games, even when it costs him politically.

But that opens him up to idiots and demagogues who seize on isolated statements and phrases, repeat them out of context and conflate what he's saying. They take principled opinions on issues like civil rights legislation, or middle-east foreign policy, and try to sell the idea that he's an anti-semite or a racist. Unfortunately, idiocy and demagoguery often prevail.

Forum List

Back