Ron Paul Should Run as a Third Party Choice.

Establishment republicans hate Ron Paul because he could steal votes.
Everyone else hates Ron Paul because he's bat shit crazy.

Every vote for Paul will be at least a half a vote, if not 3/4 of a vote for Obama.

Every vote for Paul will be at least a half a vote, if not 3/4 of a vote for Obama.

you mean Obomney?

No. I mean Obama.

Romeny will lose votes to Paul....Obama will gain them.

Yes, I understand what you mean by Obomney...and I dont disagree.....

But I feel that Romney has better leadership skills and a better understanding of the economy and the business world. He may be as mnuch a big government guy as Obama.....but at least we will have someone "presidential" in the white house with Romney.

My opinion.

Ron Paul is playing the long game. He knows he's not going to become the President, but he also knows that his campaign can help set the stage for somebody with his ideas, perhaps Rand, to become President in the future. He's inspired people all across the country to join the Republican Party and get elected to positions within the Republican Party. If he runs third party he undermines all of this. Him running third party would give us somebody to vote for in November, but that's merely short term gratification and does more harm than good in the long run.

you mean Obomney?

No. I mean Obama.

But I feel that Romney has better leadership skills and a better understanding of the economy and the business world. He may be as mnuch a big government guy as Obama.....but at least we will have someone "presidential" in the white house with Romney.

My opinion.

Romney wouldn't lose votes to Obama, because Romney would never have had those votes to begin with.

you mean Obomney?

No. I mean Obama.

My opinion.

Romney wouldn't lose votes to Obama, because Romney would never have had those votes to begin with.

all of them? No. At least Half of them? I believe yes. This why I said it was half a vote for Obama.

Ron Paul is playing the long game. He knows he's not going to become the President, but he also knows that his campaign can help set the stage for somebody with his ideas, perhaps Rand, to become President in the future. He's inspired people all across the country to join the Republican Party and get elected to positions within the Republican Party. If he runs third party he undermines all of this. Him running third party would give us somebody to vote for in November, but that's merely short term gratification and does more harm than good in the long run.

Good post. Libertarians need to continue the pressure on the Republican party to make sure we end the trillion dollar deficits, which is where the tourniquet needs to be applied right now.

This is the wrong time to be divided against the communists, who goosestep in unison. If we collapse into totalitarianism all bets are off.

No. I mean Obama.

My opinion.

all of them? No. At least Half of them? I believe yes. This why I said it was half a vote for Obama.

No, none of them. Mitt Romney doesn't own those votes simply because they might be Republican voters. People vote the way they do for different reasons, but if they don't vote for somebody it means that that person didn't earn their vote. If Mitt can't get votes over a hypothetical third party Ron Paul then no votes were taken from him, he simply didn't earn them.

No. I mean Obama.

My opinion.

Democrats do well running against Nader.

And Republicans will do even better running against the actual Libertarian candidate.

Why you want a Republican representing you is rather curious. Looks like you need to fake your way in.

And Republicans will do even better running against the actual Libertarian candidate.

Why you want a Republican representing you is rather curious. Looks like you need to fake your way in.

I vote for the best candidate(imo) no matter the party. I don't agree with everthing Ron Paul says but he would be a good President.

I vote for the best candidate(imo) no matter the party. I don't agree with everthing Ron Paul says but he would be a good President.

Why would you not vote for Gary Johnson, then?

Why would you not vote for Gary Johnson, then?

Ron Paul is better ?

Forum List

Back