Ron Paul says tornado victims should not get aid

It likely wont.
But I bet not one would go hungry or without a roof if government WAS NOT expected to help out.
Government gets in the way...Americans help Americans....we always had.

Now?

Governemnt red tape gets in the way.

REALLY? SO, why did we have 131,000 homeless veterans in the 2011 data? Aren't our service personnel especially near and dear to the hearts of the right? Do you have one living with you yet? If not, why not?

you dont know me well enough to make that assumption.

I share a mortgage on a home that I have never lived in nor do I collect rent on it.
I have been paying 1400 a month for 8 years for it...that incluides real estate taxes.
I have never net the folks that live there...I am anaonymous...my attorney handles everything.
The foiks that live there are veterans and their families.

Sure...you can say "it is an investment"...and in a way, it is.......for when the time comes, I will sell it off.

But for now, people are enjoying the conmfort of a roof over their head.

FYI....there was a lien put on the property because the people did not pay their water bill for 4 years.....so I paid it without questioning.

So what do you do for your fellow man?

Just criticize them for being like you?

I take care of a Vietnam Veteran. I call him "Dad". As for providing a roof, I applaud you, but until you provide concerted care and have to pay out of pocket for it all, go cry to your "attorney". I can't afford one.

Im sorry but I agree with him. The people should have insurance. RENTAL insurance is cheap like 200 a year or less.. IF you own a house you should have insurance.. No excuses..

I used to rent and had rental insurance. Please explain to me how rental insurance gets you clothing, water, food, shelter, transportation, etc. right NOW, when these people need it the most?

Red cross is there and even the governor said they have more food and clothes then they can handle right now with churches and other groups sending it.. transportation You should have auto insurance ..

Isn't it interesting how Libertarians' desire for "freedom" correspond so neatly with skinflints who don't want to give ANYONE, ANYTHING.

So while libertarianism attracts people who want to be "free" it also attracts cheap assholes who don't want to pay their fair share.

Perhaps when Libertarians figure out a way to differentiate between the two, I'll vote for them.

What a disingenuous hack you are. Libertarians/Conservatives give WAAAAY more voluntarily that you do through the force of government. You cry about "paying their fair share", all the while ignoring the FACT that we voluntarily GIVE more than you propose to TAKE.

The reason you libs want to forcibly TAKE from others is that you look in the mirror and KNOW that you wouldn't GIVE of your own free will. You project YOUR shortcomings on everyone else in order to make yourselves feel better about your own tightwadery.

FUCK YOU!!

One more example of a callous conservative. Who was it that claimed libealism was a mental disease? Oh yeah, Michael Weiner, a conservative radio host whose rants are reflective of the the anger expressed by GuyP.

You're damned right I'm angry! You people seem to think that we're the tightwads when it's the other way around. You want to take and take because you're PERSONALLY INCAPABLE of giving.

Isn't it interesting how Libertarians' desire for "freedom" correspond so neatly with skinflints who don't want to give ANYONE, ANYTHING.

So while libertarianism attracts people who want to be "free" it also attracts cheap assholes who don't want to pay their fair share.

Perhaps when Libertarians figure out a way to differentiate between the two, I'll vote for them.

What a disingenuous hack you are. Libertarians/Conservatives give WAAAAY more voluntarily that you do through the force of government. You cry about "paying their fair share", all the while ignoring the FACT that we voluntarily GIVE more than you propose to TAKE.

The reason you libs want to forcibly TAKE from others is that you look in the mirror and KNOW that you wouldn't GIVE of your own free will. You project YOUR shortcomings on everyone else in order to make yourselves feel better about your own tightwadery.

FUCK YOU!!

One more example of a callous conservative. Who was it that claimed libealism was a mental disease? Oh yeah, Michael Weiner, a conservative radio host whose rants are reflective of the the anger expressed by GuyP.

Is this some kind of a joke?? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Libealism? Michael Weiner???

You mean Michael Savage and "Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder" which it is??

It's a good book by the way...

How is it a "national" disaster?

If only one state was hit yet as much damage and death took place, would it no longer be a "national disaster" in your eyes?

Do you know what a republic is?

Do you have any idea why we are referred to as the "Unites States"?

Oh, so now it must have the official "National" disaster label before yo uare Ok with our Federal government helping out your fellow citizens? REALLY? Wow...

Dont be a dick.....

I simply asked why it was labelled as a national disater.

Who gives a flying fuck what it's called????? People need help and you want to fucking label it before you approve action by our government??? REALLY?

Oh, so now it must have the official "National" disaster label before yo uare Ok with our Federal government helping out your fellow citizens? REALLY? Wow...

Dont be a dick.....

I simply asked why it was labelled as a national disater.

Who gives a flying fuck what it's called????? People need help and you want to fucking label it before you approve action by our government??? REALLY?

As previously noted in this thread, the boots on the ground are saying they already have all the food, clothing and help that they need.

And guess what, the government is NOWHERE to be found!

Once again, that little Libertarian Satan sitting on Ron Paul's shoulder is making him say stupid stuff

"Rightwinger".

I guess that makes sense, Republicans haven't been the party of self-responsibility in a long time. So long, that it has become a libertarian virtue.

That is not self responsibility...

That is telling victims .....Fuck you

Sorry, but my country is not like that

REALLY? SO, why did we have 131,000 homeless veterans in the 2011 data? Aren't our service personnel especially near and dear to the hearts of the right? Do you have one living with you yet? If not, why not?

I share a mortgage on a home that I have never lived in nor do I collect rent on it.
I have been paying 1400 a month for 8 years for it...that incluides real estate taxes.
I have never net the folks that live there...I am anaonymous...my attorney handles everything.

Sure...you can say "it is an investment"...and in a way, it is.......for when the time comes, I will sell it off.

FYI....there was a lien put on the property because the people did not pay their water bill for 4 years.....so I paid it without questioning.

I take care of a Vietnam Veteran. I call him "Dad". As for providing a roof, I applaud you, but until you provide concerted care and have to pay out of pocket for it all, go cry to your "attorney". I can't afford one.

yo....you asked and I answewred.

For Haiti, I chaired through my volunteer fire house, a bowling party to generate funds.....the bowling ally charged mne haf price....out of MY pocket. The pizza place charged me half price, out of my pocket.....we raised over 4K.

My family and I work at a shelter every holiday season.....EVERY thanksgiving day...have not had thanksgiving with family since 1990....We not only work at the shelter serving food....we buy it and cook it as well...OUT OF POCKET.

I spent 9-12, 9-13, 9-14 down in the pit....was kicked out when the government stepped in on 9-14.

My dog is a recued dog from a high kill shelter.

I hired several ex-cons looking for a second chance.

As a recruiter, I did not charge my clients in 2009 and 2010 when they hired someone.....knowing my fee would likely be an issue.

Dont you give me your "holier than thou" crap.

I give becuase I know they would give to me if I were in need. It is that mindset that has dictated just about every move I have made since I was in my 20's.

What a piece of shit! Americans should always help the helpless!

What is wrong with this guy!

The difference - Hamas/Hezbollah/Islamic Jihad/Al Qaeda/Kalam hide behind civilians using them as human shields and Israel stands in front of them protecting them like shields!

Read the link below and then repeat the above as if you had not read the link –

NOTtheTalk - Israel v Palestine: who is right? (International)

& then I will know you :)-

It's funny, the same people who claim they care so much are unwilling to help, donate money or time - instead they look to government to fix the problem.

Of course these are the same people who claim they care soooo fucking much and they're the laziest and cheapest of them all.

Oh yeah, of course its not your responsibility to help people - no no you pay sales tax hence you already helped now its up to the government to spend your "charity."

What do you think taxes are? carbon credits?

Once again, that little Libertarian Satan sitting on Ron Paul's shoulder is making him say stupid stuff

"Rightwinger".

I guess that makes sense, Republicans haven't been the party of self-responsibility in a long time. So long, that it has become a libertarian virtue.

wrong.

It is telling victims we would but the government insists on doing it for us..

If you ever volunteered during a crisis, you would understand.

I was literally KICKED OUT on 9-14....the government took my pic axe and shovel and told me to go behind the yellow tape....

For Haiti, I chaired through my volunteer fire house, a bowling party to generate funds.....the bowling ally charged mne haf price....out of MY pocket. The pizza place charged me half price, out of my pocket.....we raised over 4K.

My family and I work at a shelter every holiday season.....EVERY thanksgiving day...have not had thanksgiving with family since 1990....We not only work at the shelter serving food....we buy it and cook it as well...OUT OF POCKET.

I spent 9-12, 9-13, 9-14 down in the pit....was kicked out when the government stepped in on 9-14.

As a recruiter, I did not charge my clients in 2009 and 2010 when they hired someone.....knowing my fee would likely be an issue.

I give becuase I know they would give to me if I were in need. It is that mindset that has dictated just about every move I have made since I was in my 20's.

It's all good Jarhead. No worries. I hope soon, VERY soon, since all of the Paulites think it's such a great idea, that Ron Paul will come out with a TV ad aimed right at your voting bloc, and telling all Americans that the tornado victims in IN should fend for themselves and should not expect ANY help from our Federal government. I think if he believes it, he should run on it. I can't wait to see how low his poll numbers can actually sink.

It's funny, the same people who claim they care so much are unwilling to help, donate money or time - instead they look to government to fix the problem.

Of course these are the same people who claim they care soooo fucking much and they're the laziest and cheapest of them all.

Oh yeah, of course its not your responsibility to help people - no no you pay sales tax hence you already helped now its up to the government to spend your "charity."

I am seeing it in what many are writing in this thread.

There are those that would, but dont becuase the government does it for them.

And then there are those that do, but sent home when the government steps in.

It's all good Jarhead. No worries. I hope soon, VERY soon, since all of the Paulites think it's such a great idea, that Ron Paul will come out with a TV ad aimed right at your voting bloc, and telling all Americans that the tornado victims in IN should fend for themselves and should not expect ANY help from our Federal government. I think if he believes it, he should run on it. I can't wait to see how low his poll numbers can actually sink.

Let me ask you a question....

Late last summer we had a mild bruish with a hurricane up here in NY.

In my neighborhood, one house was completely destroyed by a tree that went over...they had to condemen the house.

Other than trees scattered throughout that we, the fire department vcolunteers took care of, that house was the only house destroyed.

Natuarlly, the government did not styep in and help....afterall, it was one lonely house in an area that was damaged, but by no means widespread.

Now...

Why should Indiana residents each indicvidually get government help...but that poor elderly man and his wife get nothing?

He and his wife lived at the fire house for 6 weeks when the house was officially condemned to be torn down...and they moved south.

Why not them...but somneone else?

"Rightwinger".

No looking to the federal government to provide a solution is telling people "fuck you."

If you really cared you would do more than just pay your taxes and look to your government for a solution every time disaster strikes.

I bet it's pretty easy to sit on your ass and point to the government..

I would call that arrogant and snug...

Paying taxes isn't good enough....

Not to mention the majority of those assholes who sit there snug, who point to the government for solutions don't pay taxes anyways..

Once again liberalism IS a mental disorder...

I am seeing it in what many are writing in this thread.

There are those that would, but dont becuase the government does it for them.

And then there are those that do, but sent home when the government steps in.

That's because the big government elitists believe they're better than the common man. They want to swoop in and play "captain hero" when in reality every time they do swoop in they turn their mission into a circus and a financial disaster.

Those big government fucks want to make government look like the only solution and they don't care how much it costs the common man, the middle class individual who is stuck footing the bill.

Of course they don't want you there to help, our government wants all the credit..

Isnt it interesting how progressive define "giving" as having the government taking from you by force, or in other words, they define "giving" as robbery.

How about you give of your own resources instead of stealing from others. No one benefits from your criminal acts.

Why would you call him a RINO? That infers that the Republican Party believes in limited government and that he's bucking their agenda. The GOP doesn't believe in limited government. Jindal ran to the feds like everyone else does when the going gets tough. People claim they want the government out of their lives, but the moment something bad happens to them, who do they run to?

So, you agree with Paul, that the government should have left it up to the localities to clean up their mess?

if the government was not there to help them, I guarantee you, Americans would be there to help.

We, as a collective of individual Americans donated more money to Haiti than all other countries combined. I am not referring to Government aid that was sent....individual donations from individual Americans collectively donted more than all other populations of all other countries combined.

Our government didnt make us do it. We did it becuase we wanted to.

The problem with the left is they dont think Americans care about other people, so they feel Government needs to take our money and donate it for us.

They are wrong.

I think that its more they don't care for other people. So they dont expect others to do something they dont themselves do. Instead they have calculated that if they look like they care about others, we will give them more power, and sadly we comply.

Let me ask you a question....

Late last summer we had a mild bruish with a hurricane up here in NY.

In my neighborhood, one house was completely destroyed by a tree that went over...they had to condemen the house.

Other than trees scattered throughout that we, the fire department vcolunteers took care of, that house was the only house destroyed.

Natuarlly, the government did not styep in and help....afterall, it was one lonely house in an area that was damaged, but by no means widespread.

Now...

Why should Indiana residents each indicvidually get government help...but that poor elderly man and his wife get nothing?

He and his wife lived at the fire house for 6 weeks when the house was officially condemned to be torn down...and they moved south.

Why not them...but somneone else?

At last count, 36 people had died due to the tornadoes in IN. Please tell you you see the difference?

EDIT: By the way, how long before Paul creates and runs that ad I spoke of? Super Tuesday IS tomorrow. Time may be running out for him....

Last edited:

"fend for themselves?"

What the fuck is wrong with you...

You clearly are lazy and stupid...

Anyone who looks to the next guy (the government) to do what THEY SHOULD BE DOING is a piece of shit lazy fool.

Because that is basically what you're doing, you're saying "don't look at me to help look to the government, its their responsibility."

I swear to God the leftist philosophy deserves a Darwin award... Oh an ironically it's the leftists who champion Darwinism...

Progressives are so helpless it's pathetic...

Forum List

Back