Ron Paul Republican Has Shot at McCotter’s Open Seat

I'll play ball here. Maddow did do a pretty decent job of reporting the Paul campaign's delegate situation during the primary season, althought not with complete accuracy and not as comprehensively as she could have. There was a local Fox affiliate out of Cincinnati that has the absolute best coverage hands down. After watching that guy's daily piece I really don't think I could stomach watching anyone else's. Maddow injects her opinion and wit into her pieces because she's of course looking for ratings at the end of the day, so I can only give her so much credit. I don't need anyone else's opinion when I get my news. I'll form my own.

Did you watch the clip I posted in this thread?

If not, watch it, Paulie, so you can tell your buddies they have nothing to fear. :lol:

I'll play ball here. Maddow did do a pretty decent job of reporting the Paul campaign's delegate situation during the primary season, althought not with complete accuracy and not as comprehensively as she could have. There was a local Fox affiliate out of Cincinnati that has the absolute best coverage hands down. After watching that guy's daily piece I really don't think I could stomach watching anyone else's. Maddow injects her opinion and wit into her pieces because she's of course looking for ratings at the end of the day, so I can only give her so much credit. I don't need anyone else's opinion when I get my news. I'll form my own.

If not, watch it, Paulie, so you can tell your buddies they have nothing to fear. :lol:

I didn't see it yet but I'll watch it. I had a real problem with how she mocked his voice during one segment, I think it was one you posted. I know it's insignificant and petty, but there's no place for that in news reporting. It's childish, unprofessional, and unnecessary.

I watched the clip and it is basically what I and many other Paul supporters have been saying from day one. We are taking over the GOP. We are doing it at the grassroots level and the establishment knows this. This is the real reason why they are fighting us so hard at the state conventions. They don't want to lose any more of the national committeeman/woman slots. They are losing them steadily and each year that passes we will gain a little more power until we have the power we need to affect real change in the GOP. You can already see the liberty message seeping into the state platforms if you look for the buzzwords. When we see a call to audit the fed in a platform it is like a secret code to all Paul supporters and we know we are winning in that state for example.

For the record I don't have an issue with Rachel Maddow, I actually find her entertaining on some level even if I don't trust her motivations. I think she is genuinely fascinated by what is happening in the GOP this time around. I also think she could come around on some libertarian ideas if given the chance. I do however think it is somewhat condescending to call us "Paulbots" and then attempt to educate us on what WE are doing. See my "Ron Paul is Winning" thread and you will know we are well aware of whats going on.

I watched the clip and it is basically what I and many other Paul supporters have been saying from day one. We are taking over the GOP. We are doing it at the grassroots level and the establishment knows this. This is the real reason why they are fighting us so hard at the state conventions. They don't want to lose any more of the national committeeman/woman slots. They are losing them steadily and each year that passes we will gain a little more power until we have the power we need to affect real change in the GOP. You can already see the liberty message seeping into the state platforms if you look for the buzzwords. When we see a call to audit the fed in a platform it is like a secret code to all Paul supporters and we know we are winning in that state for example.

For the record I don't have an issue with Rachel Maddow, I actually find her entertaining on some level even if I don't trust her motivations. I think she is genuinely fascinated by what is happening in the GOP this time around. I also think she could come around on some libertarian ideas if given the chance. I do however think it is somewhat condescending to call us "Paulbots" and then attempt to educate us on what WE are doing. See my "Ron Paul is Winning" thread and you will know we are well aware of whats going on.
Thanks for your post.

I usually reserve the Paulbots nickname for those who are totally uncritical of Dr. Paul, who I have always liked, and his idiot son, who I can't stand. But as much as I agree with a lot of Ron Paul's rhetoric, he can be a bit silly sometimes, and downright harmful, also.

But I shouldn't use that term to generally describe Paul fans.

Last edited:
I didn't express Maddow's feelings either way. I talked about the reporting.

For you FOX watchers, that means actual reporting of news.

Fox and MSNBC report the same lies. Those lies being that the 2 parties are polar opposites, that they never agree on anything, and you have to pick a side be it Team A or Team B.

They've just picked different teams in order to secure ratings from the team members.

Really? On what have the teabagger Republicans agreed with Obama on?

They won't even agree that President Obama's operation to kill Osama bin Laden was a good thing, fer fuck's sake!

What don't they agree on?

Gov't run schools, bailouts, middle east warmongering, welfare, social security, war on drugs, the fed, tax policy, heavily regulated economy, heavily regulated healthcare, trade agreements, love the of UN, you could literally type the rest of the day nothing but things they agree on.

This is why Rand Paul is not fit to be a U.S. Senator, and why anyone who supports him is a fucking idiot:

Rand Paul: "Just because a couple people on the Supreme Court declare something to be 'constitutional' does not make it so." ‪

Forum List

Back