Ron Paul Republican Has Shot at McCotter’s Open Seat

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
What was set to be an uneventful re-coronation of 5 term U.S. Rep. Thaddeus McCotter during Michigan’s August 7th primary has suddenly become a competitive race between a political outsider and a last minute write-in candidacy vetted by the Republican party establishment. This, after a bizarre case of ballot signature fraud.

State Board of Canvassers booted McCotter off the primary ballot last Wednesday after the Secretary of State determined that of the 1,800 signatures submitted by his campaign only 244 were valid. The remaining signatures were forgeries, some having been photocopied several times. State Attorney General Bill Schuette is investigating the matter for possible criminal charges.

Democrats Syed Taj of Canton and William Roberts of Redford Township did collect the 1,000 signatures needed to appear on the ballot. The only remaining ballot-qualified Republican in Michigan’s 11th district race is Kerry Bentivolio from Milford.

One would think that Bentivolio, a war vet, former school teacher and Ron Paul Republican who has some traction with Tea Party supporters would be a shoo-in for a district with a 57 percent Republican base, but state GOP leaders are scrambling to put together a write-in campaign to seat a more establishment-friendly candidate – former state Sen. Nancy Cassis.

http://ivn.us/2012/06/15/ron-paul-republican-thaddeus-mccotter-open-seat/

Along with Thomas Massie in Kentucky, it looks like this could be another win for Ron Paul Republicans.

What was set to be an uneventful re-coronation of 5 term U.S. Rep. Thaddeus McCotter during Michigan’s August 7th primary has suddenly become a competitive race between a political outsider and a last minute write-in candidacy vetted by the Republican party establishment. This, after a bizarre case of ballot signature fraud.

State Board of Canvassers booted McCotter off the primary ballot last Wednesday after the Secretary of State determined that of the 1,800 signatures submitted by his campaign only 244 were valid. The remaining signatures were forgeries, some having been photocopied several times. State Attorney General Bill Schuette is investigating the matter for possible criminal charges.

Democrats Syed Taj of Canton and William Roberts of Redford Township did collect the 1,000 signatures needed to appear on the ballot. The only remaining ballot-qualified Republican in Michigan’s 11th district race is Kerry Bentivolio from Milford.

One would think that Bentivolio, a war vet, former school teacher and Ron Paul Republican who has some traction with Tea Party supporters would be a shoo-in for a district with a 57 percent Republican base, but state GOP leaders are scrambling to put together a write-in campaign to seat a more establishment-friendly candidate – former state Sen. Nancy Cassis.

Ron Paul Republican Has Shot at McCotter's Open Seat - Independent Voter Network

Along with Thomas Massie in Kentucky, it looks like this could be another win for Ron Paul Republicans.

Don't forget about Kurt Bills in Minnesota!

Michigan has Justin Amash already, so it will be nice to add another one to the state.

Ron Paul Republican Has Shot at McCotter's Open Seat - Independent Voter Network

McCotter screwed up, he's my congressman, I thought was a good guy, but how the hell he doesn't get his signatures in is negligence and he doesn't deserve to be on the ballot. I guess I’ll be voting for this guy Bentivolio this time:cool:

And Ted Cruz in Texas too!

We could have Rand, Kurt Bills, and Ted Cruz all representing us in the Senate come November.

This election is going to be more exciting than 2010 for sure.

We could have Rand, Kurt Bills, and Ted Cruz all representing us in the Senate come November.

Klobuchar is not going to lose reelection.

Don't forget about Kurt Bills in Minnesota!

Does he have a realistic shot though?

McCotter screwed up, he's my congressman, I thought was a good guy, but how the hell he doesn't get his signatures in is negligence and he doesn't deserve to be on the ballot. I guess I’ll be voting for this guy Bentivolio this time:cool:

Not only negligence, but there's talk that McCotter, or someone with his campaign, may have broken laws.

I've heard Ted Cruz is a bit of a fraud. Haven't closely followed his race, however.

And Republicans have the fucking nerve to go apeshit over a .0004% voter fraud rate.

If criminal charges are brought, who believes the GOP House will impeach or censure him?

And Republicans have the fucking nerve to go apeshit over a .0004% voter fraud rate.

If criminal charges are brought, who believes the GOP House will impeach or censure him?

Probably as likely as the Democrat House removing Charlie Rangel. :eusa_whistle:

Probably as likely as the Democrat House removing Charlie Rangel. :eusa_whistle:

Let us see how they do against Maxine 'The Mouth' Waters...:eusa_whistle:

Ethics panel moves ahead on Maxine Waters investigation

He's going to be out of congress idiot, and what happend here was not voter fraud

I've heard Ted Cruz is a bit of a fraud. Haven't closely followed his race, however.

I heard that too, but then I also heard it's not true and that Dewhurst is really slandering his name big time down there on false accusations.

I do know that Ron endorsed him though, so who knows.

I heard that too, but then I also heard it's not true and that Dewhurst is really slandering his name big time down there on false accusations.

Rand called him a friend on Glenn Beck for whatever thats worth.

He's going to be out of congress idiot,

So?

and what happend here was not voter fraud

Why not? It's using fake voter signatures in order to illegitimately get votes.

Ron is going to endorse Mittwit, also, instead of Gary Johnson.

So what does that say about Ron?

Ron is going to endorse Mittwit, also, instead of Gary Johnson.

So what does that say about Ron?

Making a prediction, then asking a secondary question under the assumption that a baseless prediction is fact.

Forum List

Back