Ron Paul Raises $3.3 Million In February

One can defend someone without actually supporting them politically.

You know bezerk, like how everyone, including Grinch and Santorum, were attacking Romney about his business history and Paul came along and DEFENDED HIM? You're welcome for that, btw :thup:

Oh yeah.....Ron Paul in 4th place is going to win. :cuckoo:

But Ron Paul doesn't mind the money you gave HIM that he will keep.....

Another person with no idea what they're talking about.

I didn't say Ron Paul was going to win, and you're going to need some evidence that Ron Paul is keeping the donations to his campaign. Then I suggest you forward that evidence to the FEC since that would be illegal.

Campaign Finance: Senators and House Members Can Keep Campaign Funds When They Retire - ABC News

By RICH BLAKE
March 26, 2010
Sen. Evan Bayh, D-Ind., dropped a political bombshell in February when he announced he would not seek re-election to another term. Among the biggest questions in the immediate aftermath: What would this mean for the Democrats?

Another big question: What would become of his $13 million campaign war chest?

Turns out that despite strict Federal Election Commission rules, Bayh and other exiting elected officials do have ways to keep unspent political contributions.

According to the Center for Responsive Politics, there are 25 senators and representatives this year who have announced their retirement and who are collectively sitting on $31 million in authorized campaign committee cash.

While the F.E.C. clearly says campaign committee cash can't be tapped for personal use, there are no such stipulations for certain political action committees, most controversially "leadership PACs" that elected officials can use to support various political causes other than their own.

Oh yeah.....Ron Paul in 4th place is going to win. :cuckoo:

But Ron Paul doesn't mind the money you gave HIM that he will keep.....

I didn't say Ron Paul was going to win, and you're going to need some evidence that Ron Paul is keeping the donations to his campaign. Then I suggest you forward that evidence to the FEC since that would be illegal.

Campaign Finance: Senators and House Members Can Keep Campaign Funds When They Retire - ABC News

By RICH BLAKE
March 26, 2010
Sen. Evan Bayh, D-Ind., dropped a political bombshell in February when he announced he would not seek re-election to another term. Among the biggest questions in the immediate aftermath: What would this mean for the Democrats?

Turns out that despite strict Federal Election Commission rules, Bayh and other exiting elected officials do have ways to keep unspent political contributions.

According to the Center for Responsive Politics, there are 25 senators and representatives this year who have announced their retirement and who are collectively sitting on $31 million in authorized campaign committee cash.

While the F.E.C. clearly says campaign committee cash can't be tapped for personal use, there are no such stipulations for certain political action committees, most controversially "leadership PACs" that elected officials can use to support various political causes other than their own.

Ron Paul's Presidential campaign is not a PAC.

By RICH BLAKE
March 26, 2010

And he's already lost so who's gonna pay any attention to what happens to the money

By RICH BLAKE
March 26, 2010

And he's already lost so who's gonna pay any attention to what happens to the money

The FEC comes to mind.

What I don't get is it's our money. Did you send him any? If not, mind your own fucking business!

I personally feel as giddy as a school girl that my money went to waking up neocons and advancing the cause of liberty, whether he gets elected or not.

Forum List

Back