Ron Paul ‘Police state’ is ‘growing out of control’

Why don't all you people who are SO CERTAIN of your CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS put them to the test?

I hear a lot of people say the same things about TAXATION being THEFT and nothing but TALK from them either.

Go ahead and whine like little babies. If you don't like the TSA, don't fly. Those are your choices until you grow a pair and put your little "theories" to the test.

Because the fact that the laws are unconstitutional doesn't change the fact that they are laws being enforced by the government. I prefer to work to get people elected who will change the laws rather than go to prison. If you want to go the other route then feel free I will support your decision.

If the laws are unconstitutional, then FILE A LAWSUIT! Take it to the supreme court and see if they overturn precedent. Simply ASSERTING they are unconstitutional without any sort of legal argument isn't any sort of answer. It's a dodge because you don't HAVE anything to back up your contentions.

Link to the people who are trying to change the laws about interstate commerce?
Because THAT'S what the TSA is regulating. Last I checked, interstate commerce was the pervue of the federal government.

What exactly will you change? And what happens when terrorists get by because Rand Paul felt offended at having to take off his shoes like a commoner?

Typical conservative. A lot of outrage over something they don't even come CLOSE to understanding.

I don't have the time or money to file a lawsuit of this nature. The system is set up so that ordinary people have very little chance of affecting change. I do however have the power to vote and donate and volunteer and I will use those powers to support people like Rand Paul and Ron Paul who are standing up for me. Just like our elected officials are supposed to do, I might add.

Boy, you people just don't get it. Big Brother needs to take your rights away in order to protect them. Because "911 changed everything." So quit your complaining and get onboard with the Police State!...Or else!

There is no constitutional right to fly on a commercial airline. Wasn't that decided long before 9-11? The Police State is growing because of the war on Americans who use non-approved recreational substances, not molesting passengers at airports.

Boy, you people just don't get it. Big Brother needs to take your rights away in order to protect them. Because "911 changed everything." So quit your complaining and get onboard with the Police State!...Or else!

There is no constitutional right to fly on a commercial airline. Wasn't that decided long before 9-11? The Police State is growing because of the war on Americans who use non-approved recreational substances, not molesting passengers at airports.

This too!

the war are drugs is as big a fraud as the war on terror

You don't have the Constitutional right to be free anymore either. But hey, enjoy your Police State Dummy. Whatever.

You don't have the Constitutional right to be free anymore either. But hey, enjoy your Police State Dummy. Whatever.

Of course I'm free (as long as I don't get caught using a non government approved recreational substances). Just like you have a constitutional right to keep on saying bat-shit stupid stuff.
:eek:

Maybe the Pauls should read U.S. vs Davis, 482 F.2d 893, 908

"As was pointed out at length in Boyd v. United States, 116 U.S. 616, 6 S. Ct. 524, 29 L. Ed. 746, the prohibition of the Fourth Amendment must be applied to concrete cases in the light of the evils it was intended to prevent. One of the things, which no great study of the history of the times which led to the adoption of this amendment will reveal, is an abhorrence of searches and seizures based on nothing but the desire to bring to light and into the clutches of the law whatever may, by chance, be found. No period of freedom from such an evil, however long it may be, should lull us into a false sense of security and lead us to permit this always necessary safeguard of liberty to be weakened in exchange for the temporary advantage of more thorough or certain enforcement of some law, however beneficial."

United States v. 1013 Crates of Empty Old Smuggler Whiskey Bottles and Other Property, 52 F.2d 49 (2nd Cir. 07/14/1931)

Fascism For Dummies
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2011 AT 6:40PM
[Editor's Note: The following article is from TDV Correspondent Pete Kofod. Pete's bio appears at the end of the article]

Here at TDV fascism is frequently referred to as the increasingly prevalent form of government in the West. We recognize that this conjures strong emotions and we often get a few angry emails voicing displeasure with our characterization of their homeland. We understand that the word fascism is an emotionally charged word and we do not use it lightly.

We recognize, however, that we have never taken the time to define it completely nor place it within the context of our communications (although Jeff did compare the USA to the dictionary definition of "fascism" in "The Fasco-Communist Police State of America"). As such, we have fallen victim to one of our own cardinal sins; letting somebody else control the thoughts by controlling the definition of the words used to define those thoughts. To make matters worse, by default, we have relegated the responsibility of defining those words to two of the most criminally complicit estates in our society, namely the educational system and mass media. It is time to address this oversight.

Fascism For Dummies - The Dollar Vigilante Blog -

Tim Thomas says he skipped White House trip because ‘government has grown out of control’

“I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.
“This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.
“Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...nment-has-grown-out-of-control/2012/01/24/gIQ

This isnt a question of Constitutional. Let's conceed for a second it is. But it is bad policy in that it is overly invasive with no good purpose, and a waste of resources.
That there hasnt been a rebellion against it is amazing.

Actually, No it doesn't. It guarantees protection from unreasonable search and seizure based without probable cause. There is no probable cause. If the airlines want to do it then fine but the government should stay out of it.

um . . . you are woefully wrong on the principles of SCOTUS's duties and the power of judicial review. invent a time travel machine and go back to 1791 if you want to live that way.

The power of judicial review is not an explicit power granted by the constitution. Even if you accept them as having this implied power it does not allow them to change the constitution, it only allows them to verify the constitutionality of laws, regulations and treaties. Humans are fallible and even the supreme court can be wrong. I may have to abide by the decisions because it is the present law of the land but I don't have to agree with it and I can work to change it.

Excellent response and I bow my head to it. I oppose you on this, but we both understand the ground rules.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKkFoSt6aKQ]Police State 2012: No Need to Wait, It's Already Here - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back