Ron Paul on OBL's Death

I really hope Ron Paul ends up running as I feel this person can capture both the right, the left’s and even the independents attention in a positive way when it comes to foreign policy.

I like that Ron Paul can understand the importance of OBL’s death while not getting lost in patriotism or the he said she said bull shit.

I know Ron Paul is not the best speaker, not young and he is white… I know these qualities by many today are all considered to be unpopular but I think when looking at his policies and voting record many people will be doing more than voting for a lesser of two evils. Maybe it’s time politics has someone like the band Nirvana; bad at singing and dancing but manages to make something that can’t be ignored.

I’m really looking forward to the primaries if Ron decides to run.

YouTube - Floor Speech May 4 2011

Well I like Ron Paul very much too, but feel his views have become too extreme, although I agree with most of them. Too much time and free lunches have passed. Good post. :)

Four years ago you were right, now everyone is talking about the same things he was saying in 2008. We need to cut spending, reign in the fed, deal with out of control entitlements, and eliminate the deficit. If we wait another 4 years he might sound to far left to win the Republican primary.

I really hope Ron Paul ends up running as I feel this person can capture both the right, the left’s and even the independents attention in a positive way when it comes to foreign policy.

I like that Ron Paul can understand the importance of OBL’s death while not getting lost in patriotism or the he said she said bull shit.

I know Ron Paul is not the best speaker, not young and he is white… I know these qualities by many today are all considered to be unpopular but I think when looking at his policies and voting record many people will be doing more than voting for a lesser of two evils. Maybe it’s time politics has someone like the band Nirvana; bad at singing and dancing but manages to make something that can’t be ignored.

The greatest thing that could happen to our country is Ron Paul becoming President. I don't agree with everything he says, but he is all about getting back to the roots of our Republic.

I agree that this nation building crap is way overboard and we should not be doing it. Muslims can never truely accept freedom and democracy.

What gets me is people say things like he is an idealist as if there has been a president that isn’t.

There is always this list, list of reasons why Ron Paul can’t win but it’s always over there, out of reach and or the person is just not in the mood/to tired to get it. Ron Paul might very well be running for president and with the current batch he stands a very good chance to win during the primaries. Ron Paul is vastly more popular than he was in 2008 when announcing his running for presidency didn’t even make the news, now they would bump their top story to get it in there.

I’m not saying Ron Paul will win the primaries or that he will rox Obama, just that I like him and that video is one of the reasons why. He will be a force to be reckoned with during the primaries if he runs and I’m looking forward to it if he does.

he isn't an idealist, he's a hypocrite.

a man who says that earmarks should be outlawed, but never met an earmark he didn'tlike.

a man who says he believes in term limits, but who made a career out of his time in congress.

someone who hates government but makes his living off of the government he hates.

He has never called for earmarks to be outlawed. He actually thinks all spending should be earmarked by Congress, and not left to the discretion of the executive branch.

He has supported Congressional term limits his entire career, was the first representative to submit a term limits bill in decades, and has voted for them every single time they come up. How does the fact that he has never self limited make him a hypocrite when he has never talked about self limiting term limits?

He actually makes his living doing the best job he can to limit the power of government. I know you support government completely and fully, what have you ever done to help make it into what you think it should be?

Ron Paul is one of the few people in politics that is consistent. Even his naysayers that know him admire his personal integrity. The fact that you feel knowledgeable enough to challenge it when you do not even know what he is saying proves how little attention you are paying to the issues.

a man who says that earmarks should be outlawed, but never met an earmark he didn'tlike.

Actually , he is not a hypocrite. The problem is that you are an ignorant fool:

An earmark is a congressional provision that directs federal agencies to spend funds already authorized on specific projects. If the funds aren’t earmarked, the agencies can spend the money any way they see fit. That is, the executive branch, rather than Congress, will determine how the taxpayer’s money is spent.

a man who says he believes in term limits, but who made a career out of his time in congress. someone who hates government but makes his living off of the government he hates.
Can someone dismantle government from the outside?

someone who hates government shouldn't be running government.

it's like having someone who hates museums be a curator.

but idiots like you don't get it.

nice spin on the hypocrisy. not credible, but nice spin. very 1984-ish

points for honesty though on the intent to dismantle government. . :clap2:

I think that a person hating the government should be a requirement for them to be running it. Unlike running a museum, running a government is about taking things having the power to take away property, liberty, and life form people. If you like government you think that is a good idea, if you do not you think that is a bad idea, and work to make sure that not only do you not do it, no one else will be able to do it either.

That is why Obama turned out to be Bush III, they both liked government, and worked to make government, and their office, more powerful. What I do not understand is why you think that is a good sometimes, and a bad idea at others, all dependent on who is trying to make the government more powerful. At least Pual is consistent, he hates the power no matter who is in charge, even when it is his own party. He is also one of the most consistent civil libertarians in the entire Congress.

Yet you dismiss him as a hypocrite and think he should be ignored because he hates government.

:confused:

An earmark is a congressional provision that directs federal agencies to spend funds already authorized on specific projects. If the funds aren’t earmarked, the agencies can spend the money any way they see fit. That is, the executive branch, rather than Congress, will determine how the taxpayer’s money is spent.

a man who says he believes in term limits, but who made a career out of his time in congress. someone who hates government but makes his living off of the government he hates.

Dr Paul is not an anarchist - he has an absolute right to attempt to restore and then enforce the Constitution - he has the right to minimize the damage being caused by the continuing criminal enterprise known as the federal government.

Why do you and your ilk want to disenfranchised him?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Ron Paul is an idiot!

We did "nation bulding" after Pearl Harbor.

Do you think just "taking out" Hiro Hito after Pearl Habor would have worked?

And talk about spreading thin? After Pearl we were in the ALL OVER THE Pacific, Europe, and Africa.

We have caught a LOT of terrorists because of this war. Notice there hasn't been a 9/11, since "Bush's war."

Ron Paul is suggesting we go back to the Clinton method of fighting terrorism, which Clinton used after the FIRST WTC attack. The TERRORISTS CAME BACK AN FINISHED THE JOB!

Paul's a moron. Like Buchanan he is incapable of learning from history.

This is why I will never vote for him.

Yeah, I have absolutely no problem with his POV regarding this issue.

He is essantially saying what the so called "lefties" had been saying since BEFORE the Iraq invasion.

There ARE good patriotic players on ALL sides of the political spectrum. I seldom find myself agreeing with their every position on every issue, but I often find myself agreeing with people who identify themselves as conservatives, or Libertarians.

I do not doubt that Ron Paul's motives are sound.

So ron is capitalizing on OBL's death as well.
To be expected I suppose he is a politician running for president.

He's everyone's favorite crazy uncle. Like Kuncinich.

And what makes him crazy?

He doesn't allow himself to be bribed and bought off by corporations like Sallows heros and the republican party. That can be viewed as crazy.

Think about it, most of us if we were born to trust funds having oil/bank/healthcare ceo's throwing money at us we'd probably be like all the status quo bureacrats in office. Ron Paul is the lone light of integrity.

He's everyone's favorite crazy uncle. Like Kuncinich.

And what makes him crazy?

He doesn't allow himself to be bribed and bought off by corporations like Sallows heros and the republican party. That can be viewed as crazy.

Think about it, most of us if we were born to trust funds having oil/bank/healthcare ceo's throwing money at us we'd probably be like all the status quo bureacrats in office. Ron Paul is the lone light of integrity.

I'd think we'd need to put Bernie Sanders in that class, too.

Senator Bernie Sanders, Vermont (I) - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

I really don't admire the term 'Independent' when it comes to politics. You're either principled, or you aren't.

The way that 'Independents' is used by the media and political pundits is that these people will switch on a dime due to 'POPULAR' consent...

And again? You are either principled, or you aren't...despite what's POPULAR...

Being 'Independent' is LACK of party affiliation BASED upon principles...despite what's POPULAR...

MOST of what we see and hear is Populist/Partisan yaksqueeze...alot for an independent-minded person to overcome...

*NOT*

Being an Independent IS THE HIGHEST form of standing up for your principles.
It's the mindless party drones who lack the spine to see that the world is a complex place, with complex problems - problems that allegiance to one side alone will never fix.

Think of it with a visual thought diagram. Democrat ideals are numbers (1, 2, 3,4) and Republican ideals are letters (A, B, C, D). An independent may believe in 1, B, C, 4. That doesnt mean they wont hold fast to 1, B, C, 4. It must means that all their ideals dont come from the same place.

Capiche?

What gets me is people say things like he is an idealist as if there has been a president that isn’t.

There is always this list, list of reasons why Ron Paul can’t win but it’s always over there, out of reach and or the person is just not in the mood/to tired to get it. Ron Paul might very well be running for president and with the current batch he stands a very good chance to win during the primaries. Ron Paul is vastly more popular than he was in 2008 when announcing his running for presidency didn’t even make the news, now they would bump their top story to get it in there.

I’m not saying Ron Paul will win the primaries or that he will rox Obama, just that I like him and that video is one of the reasons why. He will be a force to be reckoned with during the primaries if he runs and I’m looking forward to it if he does.

a man who says he believes in term limits, but who made a career out of his time in congress.

someone who hates government but makes his living off of the government he hates.

Yikes.
Ron Paul said he takes earmarks because the money was already taken from his state, you would know this if you knew anything about Ron Paul other than you hate him because he is a Republican.

You can believe in Term limits however term limits are not law. Pick your fav politician and I can find something they believe where they do the opposite, take Obama for example. Obama probably uses more fuel and dumps more co2 on the planet that any 100 Americans combines. Obama also claimed to be the anti bush and said he would do away with the Bush tax cuts… I’m not saying Obama’s wrongs make Ron Right, I’m saying Ron Paul is allowed to believe and try to make law term limits but it hurts no one that he stays in office until that is accomplished.

Ron Paul does not hate Government, he believes in smaller Government. I’m not sure how incredibly stupid a person has to be to not understand that Small Government is still Government but if you want to be that person please go ahead.

Ron Paul on earmarks - -

Last edited by a moderator:

I really don't admire the term 'Independent' when it comes to politics. You're either principled, or you aren't.

The way that 'Independents' is used by the media and political pundits is that these people will switch on a dime due to 'POPULAR' consent...

And again? You are either principled, or you aren't...despite what's POPULAR...

Being 'Independent' is LACK of party affiliation BASED upon principles...despite what's POPULAR...

MOST of what we see and hear is Populist/Partisan yaksqueeze...alot for an independent-minded person to overcome...

*NOT*

Being an Independent IS THE HIGHEST form of standing up for your principles.
It's the mindless party drones who lack the spine to see that the world is a complex place, with complex problems - problems that allegiance to one side alone will never fix.

Think of it with a visual thought diagram. Democrat ideals are numbers (1, 2, 3,4) and Republican ideals are letters (A, B, C, D). An independent may believe in 1, B, C, 4. That doesnt mean they wont hold fast to 1, B, C, 4. It must means that all their ideals dont come from the same place.

Capiche?

Yeah my biggest principle in terms of my political views is I'm a fiscal conservative, so I have no reason to align myself with either party.

You obviously have this information that Ron Paul hates Government that we all lack, can you do us all a favor and show us when he said this? It’s seems you have talking points down when it comes to Ron Paul but you don’t understand some o the very easily understood basics when it comes to Ron’s platform.

It seems that no matter how times you are proven wrong, I get the feeling you will simply abandon 1 false argument and just toss out another in hopes that something will stick. To be more precise, you seems like you might really like Ron Paul because reality is you that hate or don't agree with him on things he simply does not stand for or never says.

Please do just a small amount of homework first.

Last edited:

Ron Paul is an idiot!

We did "nation bulding" after Pearl Harbor.

Do you think just "taking out" Hiro Hito after Pearl Habor would have worked?

And talk about spreading thin? After Pearl we were in the ALL OVER THE Pacific, Europe, and Africa.

We have caught a LOT of terrorists because of this war. Notice there hasn't been a 9/11, since "Bush's war."

Ron Paul is suggesting we go back to the Clinton method of fighting terrorism, which Clinton used after the FIRST WTC attack. The TERRORISTS CAME BACK AN FINISHED THE JOB!

Paul's a moron. Like Buchanan he is incapable of learning from history.

This is why I will never vote for him.

If we can't afford it we shouldn't do it... I thought you claimed to be a conservative, or is that only on your good days?

Forum List

Back