Ron Paul on OBL's Death

Avorysuds

Gold Member
Jul 4, 2010
Eugene Oregon
I really hope Ron Paul ends up running as I feel this person can capture both the right, the left’s and even the independents attention in a positive way when it comes to foreign policy.

I like that Ron Paul can understand the importance of OBL’s death while not getting lost in patriotism or the he said she said bull shit.

I know Ron Paul is not the best speaker, not young and he is white… I know these qualities by many today are all considered to be unpopular but I think when looking at his policies and voting record many people will be doing more than voting for a lesser of two evils. Maybe it’s time politics has someone like the band Nirvana; bad at singing and dancing but manages to make something that can’t be ignored.

I’m really looking forward to the primaries if Ron decides to run.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCg8HutBqYU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Floor Speech May 4 2011[/ame]

I really hope Ron Paul ends up running as I feel this person can capture both the right, the left’s and even the independents attention in a positive way when it comes to foreign policy.

I like that Ron Paul can understand the importance of OBL’s death while not getting lost in patriotism or the he said she said bull shit.

I know Ron Paul is not the best speaker, not young and he is white… I know these qualities by many today are all considered to be unpopular but I think when looking at his policies and voting record many people will be doing more than voting for a lesser of two evils. Maybe it’s time politics has someone like the band Nirvana; bad at singing and dancing but manages to make something that can’t be ignored.

YouTube - Floor Speech May 4 2011

Well I like Ron Paul very much too, but feel his views have become too extreme, although I agree with most of them. Too much time and free lunches have passed. Good post. :)

Well I like Ron Paul very much too, but feel his views have become too extreme, although I agree with most of them. Too much time and free lunches have passed. Good post. :)

Thanks.

My question is where do you feel RP is too extreme? I here that a lot, “Ron Paul is to extreme in some areas for me” but I’m left wondering what politician isn’t.

I mean, Bush started 2 wars and Obama expanded 1 of Bush’s wars and started 2 new ones while never ending the Iraq war… that to me is extreme.

Bush had Medicare part D and Obama has Obamacare, both extreme.

The list could go on but my point is no politician is perfect and that goes for Ron Paul, but what are these issues that make him “to much” when compared to what we have had?

Thanks.

My question is where do you feel RP is too extreme? I here that a lot, “Ron Paul is to extreme in some areas for me” but I’m left wondering what politician isn’t.

I mean, Bush started 2 wars and Obama expanded 1 of Bush’s wars and started 2 new ones while never ending the Iraq war… that to me is extreme.

The list could go on but my point is no politician is perfect and that goes for Ron Paul, but what are these issues that make him “to much” when compared to what we have had?

The bottom line is he is not electable. Since FDR and all of the living off the fruits of other's labors, too many in our society have become "dependent" and Paul's vision of personal accountability is an idea whose time has passed. Too bad.

To a degree, Bin Laden succeeded. His actions have prompted us to spend Trillions of dollars on the military, security, and intelligence gathering. Not to mention the war in Iraq, which really didn't have anything to do with Bin Laden. If his goal was to leave our economy in shambles, he very nearly did it.

Thanks.

Being white is unpopular?

Are you joking?

To a degree, Bin Laden succeeded. His actions have prompted us to spend Trillions of dollars on the military, security, and intelligence gathering. Not to mention the war in Iraq, which really didn't have anything to do with Bin Laden. If his goal was to leave our economy in shambles, he very nearly did it.

I think it all comes down to what is to come. Will Obama leave Iraq and Afghanistan... Pakistan too?

I believe Obama will campaign on doing all this in 2012+. It seems to me Obama fears the unemployment spike if he pulled the troops out now, but again that's one of the reasons I think he stayed and expanded the wars, to help the UE rate... Send poor people to war is nothing new.

Being white is unpopular?

Are you joking?

Please don't focus on that one word... Yes for many it's a horrible thing to be white and a politician, do you deny this? I however was simply pushing the idea that Ron Paul is not "hip." He is not Female, not overly charismatic and so on, he lacks the “wow, new, bling” factor.

I hope that helps answer your question of what I meant.

I really don't admire the term 'Independent' when it comes to politics. You're either principled, or you aren't.

The way that 'Independents' is used by the media and political pundits is that these people will switch on a dime due to 'POPULAR' consent...

And again? You are either principled, or you aren't...despite what's POPULAR...

Being 'Independent' is LACK of party affiliation BASED upon principles...despite what's POPULAR...

MOST of what we see and hear is Populist/Partisan yaksqueeze...alot for an independent-minded person to overcome...

*NOT*

Another honest and consistent opinion from Ron Paul.

He's really gotta stop, I mean, he really makes most of congress just look bad by comparison. No wonder they don't like him.

So ron is capitalizing on OBL's death as well.
To be expected I suppose he is a politician running for president.

I'm sorry I missed that part, care to explain?

He was required by some rule to speak on the OBL situation?

Ohh I guess so just like Jessie Jackson speaking on a black man being beaten by police?

I don't understand, Ron was talking about the "now what" more than "thank god OBL is dead."

You lost me or maybe you didn't watch the video?

Where is his blimp?

Ron never owned a blimp that I know of. I believe that was started by people that supported RP on their own, like millions did.

I'm not knocking the blimp, it's actually kind of amazing that a huge part of Ron Paul’s campaign was supporters going it on their own.

Forum List

Back