Ron Paul on Meet the Press.

Being partisan today makes as much sense as comparing a big mac in new york with a big mac in california. Nomatter what way you look at its the same thing in the box.

A voice of reason. Very true. It's all Democan/Republicrat now. This current President hasn't done anything new or original. It's all just a re-run tv show. Dr. Paul is the only politician even worth listening to at this point.

Its obscene how much time media is still devoting to Romney/Perry in debates. They are children bickering when one is just as bad as the other. It brings nothing but shame to the election process and to conservative values. They are there to debate issues which impact our lives, it is not an episode of WWE selling a pay per view event.

Ron Paul is honest; he is also an iconoclast and would never be able to convince a Congress to pass the legislation required for the nation to adopt a Libertarian Ideology. His ideas are appealing in the abstract, reality would rapidly intrude and lead us to another lost opportunity to solve our problems.

If the congress wont follow his leadership then it is time for Ron Paul to start showing leadership to the people on decisions made at the voting booth. Its time to clean up washington and Ron Paul is the one guy that can get it done.

Why? How? The office of President does not allow for that level of power.

A presidents comments on candidates running for office I would think would have a huge imact on an election. Obama is a pussy when it comes to calling people out. He wants to dance around the issue cause he is just as bad. And that is the corruption, the cronyism, and the corporatism.

Thats Obama's biggest problem, he shoulda got a pit bull for a vice president. He is gutless. He woulda had more support for healthcare if he woulda pushed for a socialized industry to compete with the private. But no, he kept getting weaker and weaker untill he caved to the insurance companies.

If the congress wont follow his leadership then it is time for Ron Paul to start showing leadership to the people on decisions made at the voting booth. Its time to clean up washington and Ron Paul is the one guy that can get it done.

A presidents comments on candidates running for office I would think would have a huge imact on an election. Obama is a pussy when it comes to calling people out. He wants to dance around the issue cause he is just as bad. And that is the corruption, the cronyism, and the corporatism.

Thats Obama's biggest problem, he shoulda got a pit bull for a vice president. He is gutless. He woulda had more support for healthcare if he woulda pushed for a socialized industry to compete with the private. But no, he kept getting weaker and weaker untill he caved to the insurance companies.

What you just said had nothing to do with my post in response to your post. You said that Ron Paul can clean up Washington. I said what I said i.e., how will he do that, the office does not have that level of power.

What you just said had nothing to do with my post in response to your post. You said that Ron Paul can clean up Washington. I said what I said i.e., how will he do that, the office does not have that level of power.

But it does command the executive and they can make the depts dance to any tune.

I'd like to hear a response to this as well.

I'd like to hear a response to this as well.

My response is the same.

So your response has nothing to do with my question. You claim Paul can clean it up, then when I ask how, you change the subject. I hope you're not representative of the kind of support he can expect.

Are you not one of the people that argue we are in gridlock currently?? So does that make Obama an Iconoclast? Do you plan to vote for Obama again? Tell me again what Obama can't do...

We are gridlocked. The current Congress understands "Checks" but rejects "Balances"; Obama has been confronted by a rigid ideological foe playing a zero sum game.

I will be voting for President Obama; the Republican Party has no one who represents a balanced approach to economic, foreign and social policy. He also is presidential, the current crop of candidates for the GOP behave as if they are in a bar arguing, not on the world's stage. As candidates they are an embarrassment to the GOP, as President each of them would dishonor the office.

And there you have it. You blame everyone but Obama but in the case of RP you find no other problem than him.

Also you should look up some of the debates with Hillary and Obama back in 2007, they acted just, like Mitt and Perry...

I understand I can’t change who you vote for, that is not my intension. But for you to sit here and blame everything (EVERYTHING) on Republicans as to why Obama can’t get things done, then claim others should not be President because "they might not be able to get things done" makes you sound like a fucking moron... Wouldn’t that be the same situation for Paul as it is for the guy you plan on voting for?

To be more clear, Obama can’t even get his own party to support him anymore... He had to pass Obamacare in a fucked way to get around his own party... The budget was held up by Obama and his own party and in the end the budget was almost identical as to what Obama and the Dems put up. Then in a panic they try and blame it on the TP, the TP that told Obama the crap budget they won’t vote for could get the country downgraded….

I believe it would be much different for Ron Paul. Yes, it's true some Democrats and nearly all Republicans in Congress created gridlock, but I do not because this is so because Obama is an extremist or is beholden to a rigid ideology - though he his portrayed in such a manner by partisan hacks and the conservative media. In reality he is a moderate and pragmatic, as well as too to willing to compromise.

Your effort to rewrite history fails. Most who watched the sordid affair, over the budget and the debt, understood who created the impasse and why.

Last edited:
Yes. He believes we were created.

Abortion rights. Marriage equality.

Evolution doesn't state anything about abiogenesis. AFAIK Paul does not deny evolution. Further a lot of religious people believe in biblical creation and scientific creation at the same time. Illogical, but that's how it is.

AFAIK Ron paul's stance is that abortion and marriage "rights" should not have anything to do with government, or at least federal government. Sounds consistent to me.

So your response has nothing to do with my question. You claim Paul can clean it up, then when I ask how, you change the subject. I hope you're not representative of the kind of support he can expect.

Maybe he can't. But he has better shot at it than a candidate who is not willing to do it, right?

Yes. He believes we were created.

Abortion rights. Marriage equality.

Evolution doesn't state anything about abiogenesis. AFAIK Paul does not deny evolution. Further a lot of religious people believe in biblical creation and scientific creation at the same time. Illogical, but that's how it is.

AFAIK Ron paul's stance is that abortion and marriage "rights" should not have anything to do with government, or at least federal government. Sounds consistent to me.

Maybe he can't. But he has better shot at it than a candidate who is not willing to do it, right?

No. The office does not have that kind of power. He would have to be able to bring along the House and Senate - and he won't be able to.

I will be voting for President Obama; the Republican Party has no one who represents a balanced approach to economic, foreign and social policy. He also is presidential, the current crop of candidates for the GOP behave as if they are in a bar arguing, not on the world's stage.
Bullshit.

You'll vote for Boiking for one, and only one, reason: The (D) next to his name.

We are gridlocked. The current Congress understands "Checks" but rejects "Balances"; Obama has been confronted by a rigid ideological foe playing a zero sum game.

I will be voting for President Obama; the Republican Party has no one who represents a balanced approach to economic, foreign and social policy. He also is presidential, the current crop of candidates for the GOP behave as if they are in a bar arguing, not on the world's stage. As candidates they are an embarrassment to the GOP, as President each of them would dishonor the office.

And there you have it. You blame everyone but Obama but in the case of RP you find no other problem than him.

Also you should look up some of the debates with Hillary and Obama back in 2007, they acted just, like Mitt and Perry...

I understand I can’t change who you vote for, that is not my intension. But for you to sit here and blame everything (EVERYTHING) on Republicans as to why Obama can’t get things done, then claim others should not be President because "they might not be able to get things done" makes you sound like a fucking moron... Wouldn’t that be the same situation for Paul as it is for the guy you plan on voting for?

To be more clear, Obama can’t even get his own party to support him anymore... He had to pass Obamacare in a fucked way to get around his own party... The budget was held up by Obama and his own party and in the end the budget was almost identical as to what Obama and the Dems put up. Then in a panic they try and blame it on the TP, the TP that told Obama the crap budget they won’t vote for could get the country downgraded….

I believe it would be much different for Ron Paul. Yes, it's true some Democrats and nearly all Republicans in Congress created gridlock, but I do not because this is so because Obama is an extremist or is beholden to a rigid ideology - though he his portrayed in such a manner by partisan hacks and the conservative media. In reality he is a moderate and pragmatic, as well as too to willing to compromise.

Your effort to rewrite history fails. Most who watched the sordid affair, over the budget and the debt, understood who created the impasse and why.

YOU CAN'T CLAIM OBAMA HAS GRIDLOCK BECUASE OF CONGRESS BUT SAY THAT IT IS SOMEHOW DIFFERENT THAN IF PAUL OR ANYONE ELSE THAT WERE PRESIDENT HAD GRIDLOCK BECAUSE OF CONGRESS.

You are starting to sound like Cain, like how he believes people should be allowed to make their own choice on abortion but also want it illegal...

And get fucked btw. Obama passed Obamacare, unconstitutional and 100% trash he also got the country downgraded and killed a US citizen for political points. Obamacare, One of the biggest grabs of Government power in our countries history and Obama got it passed in a shitty way. Obama is not some middle of the road centrist, he is an extreme left if you compare him to every other liberal President we have ever had, Obama is only on par with FDR. Obama is more divisive than Bush, bigger spender than Bush and bigger war President than Bush. Do you remember when the Republican party fell apart in 2007 because of McCain and Bush? Obama = Bush and you claim Obama is not extreme…

Forum List

Back