Ron Paul On CNN

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    "Libertarians CANNOT be racists." So who wrote the newsletters and why were they not Libertarian? He comes off way too scary kooky uncle. "67% of blacks are in prison"? He doesn't 'know' who wrote those articles. He loves 'Rosy Parks'. :coffee:

Nitpicking? Way back when? Not enough time to look them up and denounce? Oh wow! 'This is coming out because so many blacks are backing him.'

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RKBlk1Vpeuw&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RKBlk1Vpeuw&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. dawks2020

dawks2020 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I can see you don't like Ron Paul, and you will probably never see past this.

Let's put something in perspective here, 6 newsletters in his name for decades, he is not going to be able to monitor all of those. None the less it is his fault for not monitoring something under his name. But come on these are not his views and never have been. This has been rehashed consistently throughout his campaign and is a political ploy to try to discredit Paul. Some of the information provided in the TRN report were also exaggerated. The conference Paul attended was titled Succession, State, and Liberty. The title was a book written by Dr. David Gordon, a collection of secessionist documents including the Declaration of Independence. A law suit is being threatened against TRN from Thomas DiLorenzo who also attended the conference.

In 2003 three there were 192,000 African Americans ages 18-24 were in prison, where as only 400,000 African Americans this age where attending college. I think the total African American population in this age group is 1,896,000. The total inmate population for African Americans is 50%, and I think that out of 67% of those African American inmates are imprisoned for drug charges, I think that is the Ron 67% meant. I agree he didn’t make it clear. It is ridiculous though the amount of African Americans imprisoned, and many of those arrest are drug related.

But like I said you have your mind made up about Paul. You should judge his voting record, issues, and character. He has an impeccable voting record regarding minority issues. Like I said if you think that this current slant against Paul is an indication of his character than you will never look past this incident. I don't know maybe you never liked Paul.

3. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    She doesn't like his politics. Doesn't like or trust his supporters and he doesn't believe in the things she believes in. So why would she bother?

You Paul-loonies are as bad as evangelicals.

4. dawks2020

dawks2020 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Paul-loonies? That sounds like a personal attack there, I take offense to that. How is that in any way like an evangelical? What specifically makes Paul loony and maybe we can get somewhere with that.

What specifically do you not like about Paul's politics? What specific policies are you concerned about, than tell me what your biggest concerns are like economy, war, etc. After that tell me which candidate you would support. Then maybe we can get somewhere.

Paul absolutely does believe in what he says. There is not a single vote in his 10 term congressional record that contradicts anything he says. No offense but why would someone campaign and vote for over 30 years on the things they advocate and not truly believe what they are running on? Claiming that Paul doesn't represent what he says seems unfounded.

5. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    wasn't so much intended as a personal attack. Was more that I see the Paul-folk as zealots. I'm afraid, though, I do see Paul as loony. But I don't find him interesting enough to bother restating what we've already said about him.

I don't need to "get anywhere" on this issue. I am just looking foward to him sucking the last possibilty of even coming close in the presidential race from the repubs when he runs his third party campaign.

Right now, I'd support any of the top three dems and I would have supported Biden. (Biden would actually have been my top choice, but the media didn't give him any play, so his moment passed and his candidacy died on the vine). On the republican side, the only one who doesn't make me gag is McCain because he's at least a man of honor... but mostly I don't think a repub should ever have the power to appoint a supreme court justice again til they drop the religious right as their "base".

6. dawks2020

dawks2020 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Paul candidates as zealots? That seems like a generalization and collective thinking there. So you assume that all RP are zealots or at least the majority and you probably know very few. Maybe you wanted to say you see some RP supporters as zealots, but that could be said of every candidate.

I see you don't want to get into why you think Paul is loony, but just give quick one word or one issue answers and maybe we can exchange some ideas.

I expect some disagreement between us. I am a palo-conservative meaning, economically conservative, civil rights liberal and libertarian, believe strongly in the constitution, and the need to restore power to congress.

I do not like nor support the neo-conservative movement, nor do I appreciate the current mainstream liberal democratic movement. I found that the best president of the 20th century was JFK, and the worst was Wilson, followed by Clinton and Bush I tied for second.

By the way I like the Bruce Magic quote, went to his show in Albany was excellent.

7. BaronVonBigmeat

BaronVonBigmeat Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +160
    Right, that's been my point all along, I'm glad we agree. The reason for the smears is because she doesn't like his politics, and she's taken a page from the left-wing playbook and resorted to labeling opponents as racist. It isn't about the alleged racism of course; after all she gave a big fat yawn when someone pointed her to a video about Arnold Schwarzenegger's nazi past.

8. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    You must be new here...it seems you are under the belief that rational thought and reasoned debate will be tolerated or respected..hope you stick around tho

9. dawks2020

dawks2020 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Its ok I am used to getting attacked, name called, etc. It can be expected. I was a long time poster on Newt Gingrich's forum until he pulled the plug on it. I wasn't a suppoter on many of Newt's views.

I am glad I found this forum, it seems like there are a lot of people here.

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement, hopefully we can all have some good discussions.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    Paul made a big mistake by not distancing himself from certain of his supporters. People are judged by the company they keep or the money they take. Ask Barak and the money from the guy suspected of corruption.

You are a lawyer. You are trained and educated above mere mortals. And, I assume you took con-law? I would think that you would look at his record IRT to constitutional issues. If we remove the loonytix who are killing his chances, RP has actually been very consistent at tilting at the windmills blowing the constitution all over the maps.

Please dude. Everyone, me included, has thier moments. But, overall, this place is a shitload more tolerant than say.... Daily Kos, Redstate, etc.