Ron Paul: Obama Presidency On The Verge Of Being A "Dictatorship"

Executive Orders do not require Congressional approval to take effect but they have the same legal weight as laws passed by Congress. The President's source of authority to issue Executive Orders can be found in the Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution which grants to the President the "executive Power." Section 3 of Article II further directs the President to "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed." To implement or execute the laws of the land, Presidents give direction and guidance to Executive Branch agencies and departments, often in the form of Executive Orders.

crickets....:lol::lol::lol:

Ron Paul apparently has a warning for America.

Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) says President Obama's continued use of the executive order "brings the modern presidency dangerously close to an elective dictatorship."

"That is arrogant," Paul said of Obama frequently using the executive order function as of late. "It is flaunting the Constitution and the whole principle of how we’re supposed to operate. The idea they can just do this and take over the legislative function and brag about it -- and Congress does nothing and the courts do nothing about it, it's very, very bad."

"He's dictatorial, is what he is," Rep. Paul said before the end of the interview.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/11/09/ron_paul_obama_presidency
_on_the_verge_of_being_a_dictatorship.html

Really? What's the number of EOs that Obama has signed in a little less than 3 years? The answer is 100.

In 8 years in office, Reagan signed 381 Executive Orders.

Based on the numbers, who better qualifies as a dictator?

You can check the numbers at the link below.

Barack Obama Executive Orders Disposition Tables

The executive orders he is issuing are only in areas in which Congress has already granted him authority to act.

Its called being an EXECUTIVE. Congress is free to take those powers from them whenever they wish - why aren't they acting? Is it because the Republicans are fucking pussies?

He recently signed an executive order to cut wasteful spending on swag. Obama Signs Executive Order To Cut Waste, Promote Efficient Spending Apparently, now (that the President is black and a Democrat), that makes him a DICTATOR. So why doesn't Congress man up and pass a law taking back the President's authority to cut wasteful spending within the executive branch?

Last edited:
the problem with such statements is that a dictator only gains power if they have the bakcing of the military and/or police force.......

i just dont see that happening in america.....

You're right. That kind of talk from Paul sounds like someone on their way out. Ground Control to Major Ron, dictators don't stand for election! We're actually being asked to let Paul be the dictator of what's right, rather than the people. Think about it and repeat. Ron knows what's best for us. Ron KNOWS what's best for us. RON KNOWS WHAT'S BEST FOR US. ron knows what's best for us. Ron KNOWS what's best for us. RON KNOWS WHAT'S BEST FOR US. ron knows what's best for us. Ron KNOWS what's best for us. RON KNOWS WHAT'S BEST FOR US. ron knows what's best for us. Ron KNOWS what's best for us. RON KNOWS WHAT'S BEST FOR US. ron knows what's best for us....

Really? What's the number of EOs that Obama has signed in a little less than 3 years? The answer is 100.

Did Reagan ever take over a fucking corporation?

Did Reagan ever bailout his voting base with a stimulus that cost all American taxpayers which only kept a few organizations afloat (unions)??

Did Reagan ever attempt to socialize an entire industry???

Obama is a dictator by de facto - the second he seized GM he became one...

He is certainly a fascist that's for sure...

Hell he demanded his super majority progressive congress ban conventional light bulbs so his GE cronies could push a new more expensive light bulb on the American public..

I'll skip the rest of your nonsense and just focus on the last point. The legislation that you're referring to was signed into law by GW Bush in 2007.

Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the final bill,[3] it passed in the House without amendment in January 2007. When the Act was introduced in the Senate in June 2007, it was combined with Senate Bill S. 1419: Renewable Fuels, Consumer Protection, and Energy Efficiency Act of 2007.[4] This amended version passed the Senate on June 21, 2007.[5][6] After further amendments and negotiation between the House and Senate, a revised bill passed both houses on December 18, 2007[7] and President Bush, a Republican, signed it into law on December 19, 2007 in response to his "Twenty in Ten" challenge to reduce gasoline consumption by 20% in 10 years.[8]

:lol::lol::lol:

Idiot - that was a progressive super majority (which Obama was a member of) that passed that bill... Let's also not forget that Obama has been playing grab-ass with GE for the last 3 years..

Just remember ignorant one - congress passes legislation and spending NOT the president - the president signs the passed legislation making that legislation law or authorized.

One of Bush's problems was that he respected democracy too much - he only had 12 vetos in 8 years and 1/3rd of them were overridden by the progressive super majority...

Also, I love how you just skip over my other assertions because you have no answer for them.

Last edited:

Did Reagan ever bailout his voting base with a stimulus that cost all American taxpayers which only kept a few organizations afloat (unions)??

Hell he demanded his super majority progressive congress ban conventional light bulbs so his GE cronies could push a new more expensive light bulb on the American public..

I'll skip the rest of your nonsense and just focus on the last point. The legislation that you're referring to was signed into law by GW Bush in 2007.

the final bill,[3] it passed in the House without amendment in January 2007. When the Act was introduced in the Senate in June 2007, it was combined with Senate Bill S. 1419: Renewable Fuels, Consumer Protection, and Energy Efficiency Act of 2007.[4] This amended version passed the Senate on June 21, 2007.[5][6] After further amendments and negotiation between the House and Senate, a revised bill passed both houses on December 18, 2007[7] and President Bush, a Republican, signed it into law on December 19, 2007 in response to his "Twenty in Ten" challenge to reduce gasoline consumption by 20% in 10 years.[8]

They do that ALL the time. It's puzzling.

Idiot - that was a progressive super majority (which Obama was a member of) that passed that bill... Let's also not forget that Obama has been playing grab-ass with GE for the last 3 years..

Just remember ignorant one - congress passes legislation and spending NOT the president - the president signs the passed legislation making that legislation law or authorized.

One of Bush's problems was that he respected democracy too much - he only had 12 vetos in 8 years and 1/3rd of them were overridden by the progressive super majority...

Also, I love how you just skip over my other assertions because you have no answer for them.

Right. And Bushed signed it into law. He didn't veto it. Face it, I owned you. You're just too dishonest to admit it. I skipped over the rest of your post because, much like the part that I focused on, it was all nonsensical gibberish.

Yeah. And now he's back pedaling trying to act like it was pointless for Bush to veto it. According to the right, Obama is responsible for every piece of legislation during his administration (and Bush's, apparently :lol::lol::lol:), but Bush gets no blame for legislation that the right is critical of, that Bush himself signed into law. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
They have to misquote him. It's the only way they can continue deluding themselves. He's THEIR Dictator,so everything's just fine in their Hopey Changey fairy tale.

If he was our dictator we wouldn't be able to vote against him in 2012.
Faux drama is faux drama.

elective dictatorship

Learn to reeeeeeeaaaad...........
Hey smart one, way to do that when I am quoting someone who called Obama a dictator. ;) he didn't call him an elective dictator.

BTW, you may not have noticed; the GOP-controlled House recently defeated an attempt by some Reps to repeal the law. I repeat: the legislation that Bush signed into law that you are so critical of was upheld by the GOP-controlled House. :lol::lol::lol:

Right. And Bushed signed it into law. He didn't veto it. Face it, I owned you. You're just too dishonest to admit it. I skipped over the rest of your post because, much like the part that I focused on, it was all nonsensical gibberish.

And if Bush vetoed more you would call him a dictator..

Once again progressives want to have their cake and eat it...

Bush could either respect democracy or veto it - he chose respect democracy and that is his fault??

You retarded progressives legislated bullshit on your own - now your ideas blow up in your face and its Bush's fault??

You're fucking retarded..

This is just like Iraq and the progressives time and time again voted to fund the war(s) then they turn around and blame republicans...

Progressives are all ignorant, delusional and liars... That is a fucking fact and this thread and your posts add credence to that fact...

So, you can't refute what I posted? Just another emotional response? That's what I thought. Get back to me when you can make an argument based on fact, not on what you feel.

What the hell is emotional about the US Constitution.??. I provided it to you, word for word.. it's not my problem that you're a fucking moron hellbent on believing whatever the fuck your twisted mind comes up with.

You didn't prove shit. You posted a passage from the Constitution that you thought proved your point. It didn't. Congress gave president's the power to issue EO's - which means that per the passage you cited, EO's are Constitutional. Are you another one who thinks that every president in the history of the US violated the Constitution with their EO's?

Here. Educate yourself:

ThisNation.com--What is an Executive Order?

Executive Orders (EOs) are legally binding orders given by the President, acting as the head of the Executive Branch, to Federal Administrative Agencies. Executive Orders are generally used to direct federal agencies and officials in their execution of congressionally established laws or policies. However, in many instances they have been used to guide agencies in directions contrary to congressional intent.

Not all EOs are created equal. Proclamations, for example, are a special type of Executive Order that are generally ceremonial or symbolic, such as when the President declares National Take Your Child To Work Day. Another subset of Executive Orders are those concerned with national security or defense issues. These have generally been known as National Security Directives. Under the Clinton Administration, they have been termed "Presidential Decision Directives."

Executive Orders do not require Congressional approval to take effect but they have the same legal weight as laws passed by Congress. The President's source of authority to issue Executive Orders can be found in the Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution which grants to the President the "executive Power." Section 3 of Article II further directs the President to "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed." To implement or execute the laws of the land, Presidents give direction and guidance to Executive Branch agencies and departments, often in the form of Executive Orders.

You're truly one of the dumber posters here.. The Constitution stands on it's own merit.. those words don't run nor do they change.. IT'S CONCISE and lays out what our Founders intended in regard to how Government should function within the confines of a Republic.. so do us all a favor and take your ignorant talking points and shove them straight up your ass.

That's what I love about Paul, he has the balls to be honest.

Based on the CONTENT of those EO's - Obama. Reagan didn't use Executive Orders to thwart the US Constitution, Obama does.

Numbers are irrelevant. Obama is defying the Constitution. Paul is right on the money, as usual.

Yeah. And now he's back pedaling trying to act like it was pointless for Bush to veto it. According to the right, Obama is responsible for every piece of legislation during his administration (and Bush's, apparently :lol::lol::lol:), but Bush gets no blame for legislation that the right is critical of, that Bush himself signed into law. :cuckoo:

I've always gotten a kick out of the light bulb 'controversy' and how conservatives protested about how the fed gov't had no right (really?) to phase out regular incadescent bulbs.

But there's an even funnier 'controversy.' At least it's far MORE silly.

It happened a few months ago when conservatives got ALL up in arms about the fed gov't limiting the amount of salt that food processing companies could add to food. You know, like canned food?

They went ballistic. Hey, nobody is saying that conservatives can't go out and by all the damn salt they want and load it on their food. And in case they didn't notice, YOU CAN'T TAKE SALT OUT OF FOOD ONCE IT'S BEEN ADDED.

It's a health issue, for crying out loud.

I think many of them just need to get a life.

"BOOOOOOSH and that dead guy Reagan did it,therefore it has to be right." Such flawed thinking. This President announced he would no longer work with Congress. I just don't get how the bots can defend that. It's stunning.

the problem with such statements is that a dictator only gains power if they have the bakcing of the military and/or police force.......

i just dont see that happening in america.....

That's why Obama wanted to create his own Army, loyal directly to him.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXvLWB_NLKE&feature=player_embedded]A Chilling Proposal by Barack Obama - YouTube[/ame]

That's what I love about Paul, he has the balls to be honest.

Based on the CONTENT of those EO's - Obama. Reagan didn't use Executive Orders to thwart the US Constitution, Obama does.

Numbers are irrelevant. Obama is defying the Constitution. Paul is right on the money, as usual.

Do you have some analyses to back that up, or is it little more than your usual rhetorical flourish?

Forum List

Back