Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney: Who Funds Them?

Interesting article. I like the comparison of the biggest contributors for each candidate:

Gingrich

43 percent from small individual contributions

Rock-Tenn Co, Poet LLC, First Fiscal Fund, Pull-A-Part Inc, Amway/Alticor Inc, State Mutual Insurance, American Fruits & Flavors, Streck Inc, Windway Capital, Wirco Inc*

Romney

10 percent from small individual contributions

Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse Group, Morgan Stanley, HIG Capital, Barclays, Kirkland & Ellis, Bank of America, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, EMC Corp, JPMorgan Chase*

Paul

48 percent from small individual contributions

Ron Paul for Congress Cmte, U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, Mason Capital Management, Microsoft, Boeing, Google, Overland Sheep, IBM*

The thing that stood out the most to me was Mitt raised by far the most yet it's almost all by the big donations and corporations. That's very bad imo for Mitt.

The thing that stood out the most to me was Mitt raised by far the most yet it's almost all by the big donations and corporations. That's very bad imo for Mitt.

Assuming anyone pays attention. Plenty of Republicans will see that as a 'sign of success'.

Romney, the Wall Street nominee for prez. Their kiss of death will cost him dearly, a smart man would tell the banks to keep their strings attached money.

Assuming anyone pays attention. Plenty of Republicans will see that as a 'sign of success'.

I honestly doubt Mitt will get the nomination, everyday that Mitt is not in first place it proves that 32 million raised VS someone with 13 million raised or even 4 million raised shows Mitt's massive lack of support.

I also wonder how much Mitt gave himself, I remember back in 2007 he gave himself million of his own money to make hit "war chest" look bigger... How did that work out?

The seminar posters are thick on this thread.

How do you guys get paid for this stuff anyway? Like...you are hanging out at the soup kitchen..and some one walks up to you and says they will give you a blow job if you tow the line...how does this work?

Romney, the Wall Street nominee for prez. Their kiss of death will cost him dearly, a smart man would tell the banks to keep their strings attached money.

Top donors to Obama's campaign:

University of California $1,648,685
Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Harvard University $878,164
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618
Sidley Austin LLP $600,298
Stanford University $595,716
National Amusements Inc $563,798
WilmerHale LLP $550,668
Columbia University $547,852
Skadden, Arps et al $543,539
UBS AG $532,674
IBM Corp $532,372
General Electric $529,855
US Government $513,308
Morgan Stanley $512,232
Latham & Watkins $503,295

Hmmm...I see some banks in that list...Wall Street banks! Oh my!!

This further goes to reinforce my opinion of Romney as the big government/big money guy he is.

I honestly doubt Mitt will get the nomination, everyday that Mitt is not in first place it proves that 32 million raised VS someone with 13 million raised or even 4 million raised shows Mitt's massive lack of support.

I also wonder how much Mitt gave himself, I remember back in 2007 he gave himself million of his own money to make hit "war chest" look bigger... How did that work out?

Maybe, but Gingrich doesn't have squat in the way of money and, most especially, organized support. The bump from Cain leaving will flatten, and as more of his skeletons come to light so will his campaign.

Paul has money AND enthusiastic support, but I'm fairly certain he'll top out at about 25% no matter how much money he has. There are still too many Republican authoritarians in the party, and too many rednecks in love with the warfare state, for Paul to get the nomination. I hope I'm wrong in that, but I really don't see it happening. Not to mention, the old guard will pull out all the stops if he looks like has a real shot.

I don't see anyone but Romney getting in there at this point, and he'll surely lose against Obama. Not that it would matter.

Forum List

Back