Ron Paul Needs To Drop Out

Because Paul isn't conservative in any meaningful sense of that term.

OK, I'm going to do something unprecedented here and agree with Rabbi.

I know, I know, this must be some sort of trick, right? But hear me out.

Rabbi is..... right. (There, I said it, that was not easy.)

Ron Paul is not a Conservative, he's a Libertarian.

Many people who have Libertarian values mis-identify themselves as "conservatives" because they are only offered 2 choices on what categories they belong to: Liberal or Conservative.

This false choice is framed and reinforced by both the major parties and the media.

In reality, there are four major divisions in modern politics and many minor divisions. But the parties and the media don't want to you to pay attention to that. They want everyone separated into nice little boxes.

The major divisions can be illustrated as follows (known as the "Nolan Chart"):

nolan_chart.png

Where Rabbi is wrong, is that he assumes that since Ron Paul is not a conservative, he must therefore be a "Leftist".

Which could not be more untrue.

You are correct that Paul is not exactly a Leftist. But many of his positions and rhetoric are reminiscent of the Left.

Yeah, man....the Founding Fathers were "leftist"..........either that or your are brain damaged.

ok, i'm going to do something unprecedented here and agree with rabbi.

I know, i know, this must be some sort of trick, right? But hear me out.

Rabbi is..... Right. (there, i said it, that was not easy.)

ron paul is not a conservative, he's a libertarian.

Many people who have libertarian values mis-identify themselves as "conservatives" because they are only offered 2 choices on what categories they belong to: Liberal or conservative.

This false choice is framed and reinforced by both the major parties and the media.

In reality, there are four major divisions in modern politics and many minor divisions. But the parties and the media don't want to you to pay attention to that. They want everyone separated into nice little boxes.

The major divisions can be illustrated as follows (known as the "nolan chart"):

nolan_chart.png

where rabbi is wrong, is that he assumes that since ron paul is not a conservative, he must therefore be a "leftist".

Which could not be more untrue.

you are correct that paul is not exactly a leftist. But many of his positions and rhetoric are reminiscent of the left.

yeah, man....the founding fathers were "leftist"..........either that or your are brain damaged.

irony!

Forum List

Back