Ron Paul: Let different currencies compete

But, but, but central price controls have worked so wonderfully in the past...:eusa_eh:

Of course Paul is right...but don't expect anyone in Washington to actually relinquish an ounce of control. It's what they do.

This is one of the few areas I actually disagree with RP. Yes, we should make the Fed's actions more transparent, and perhaps even end the Fed altogether, but opening up the floodgates for competing currencies would be a messy affair. In the early years of this country (when we were abiding by the Articles of Confederation), weren't there consistent issues with financial transactions in everyday life because each state had its own currency? I live in the Maryland, but am within 10 minutes drive of both Delaware and Pennsylvania, that would be annoying as hell if I had to carry different currencies in my wallet.

If you're old enough you saw what happened to JFK for trying to compete with the Fed...

• Banned
If you're old enough you saw what happened to JFK for trying to compete with the Fed...

Mmhmm...not old enough but I have started reading up on it.

403393_244444035669044_792426781_n.jpg

394683_260933484020099_308951464_n.jpg

It worked so well with Wildcat currencies and bank-issued script last time around.

Which is why gold and silver were legal tender until the fools in DC were told by the Fed to end it.

Precious metals currency keeps too much power out of the hands of private bankers.

You can't run a fiat government without a fiat currency.

Forum List

Back