Ron Paul: Legislation on the Fed

The big picture. You have to forget the petty political issues to see it. All that is just a matter of when it's your turn to get screwed and we all have that coming. The big picture is that sooner or later, we all get screwed. The longer we persist with the squabbling, the longer we don't focus on what the fundamental problems are. And there are fundamental problems that EVERYONE could agree on.

The only part that Congress is left to play in the big picture is the authorization to raise the Federal Debt Limit. If you can grasp the central concept of the Federal Reserve you will understand that despite contention on the issue, it can not be avoided due to the depth of the hole. The question time and time again comes down to one of bankrupting the government or not. "Not" will always be the answer. If the Government becomes insolvent, the whole thing falls apart. Even if we stopped paying for EVERYTHING, defense, social programs, everything but our payments on the national debt, we have to borrow money from the Federal Reserve in order to keep up our payments TO The Federal Reserve. To understand, I will copy and paste from another thread:

What we don't have, and never can have, is the actual interest on the money loaned to us by the Federal reserve, who holds the largest note against the US. The interest money is never printed, injected or represented in any way in the US economy, it does not exist. Since it does not exist, it can not be paid back....ever.

When the government needs money, the Federal Debt limit is raised. Let's say the debt limit is raised by 1 billion, for the purpose of this conversation. Once the debt limit is raised, the US Treasury prints 1 billion dollars in interest bearing bonds and sells them to the Federal Reserve. The US tax base is offered as collateral. The only legal tender for repaying this loan is Federal Reserve notes. Considering that the only money brought into existence anytime a Federal Reserve loan is made is the PRINCIPLE, where do you suggest the interest on the loan might come from ? Nothing exist but the principle. The interest can not be repaid because it was never represented by notes, goods, products, nothing. Any payment on the Federal Reserve note is payment into a black hole since the Reserve created the principle only. There are no existing notes to represent the interest. Any payment on this interest is taken against the principle that was loaned. Even if we gave EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR that was ever loaned to us back to the Federal Reserve, there is now NOT A SINGLE DIME left to pay the interest. So now we borrow more of our own money back from the Federal Reserve to try and pay the interest but what about the interest we now owe on the money we borrowed to pay the previous interest ? It's a scam man. It's the oldest scam in the book and it's why usury has been forbidden for the lions share of human history. It is how slaves are made. You can't pay it back. It is impossible. And that my friend, is exactly the idea.

There is one way to end it. Abolish the Federal Reserve. Declare the debt null. Enforce it with the military if it were to come to that. But it won't. You would only have to kill about three or four dozen people to end all objection. It's either that, or let the elite own us forever. And I'm not talking about "elite" in the sense you might think. You could fit these people into one fair sized ball room.

The solution is an honest monetary system. That is to say, money representative of an actual comodity. What the details would be are beside the point. Usury would be punishable and all gains by such confiscated and redistibuted to those it was collected from. There is NO MORE FREE MONEY. Free money, in terms that most think of is money given to someone who didn't earn it. Get over that concept if you plan to understand. It doesn't matter what anyone gives to another, so long as it is represented by a hard, real product. Gold, silver, potatos....doesn't matter, what ever measure you wish to value it against. That is the bank that has to be established if you want an honest system.

Having said that, we can also endure catastrophic meltdowns in exchange for ecstatic highs and continue with the current system. In any event, the ecstatic high has been ehjoyed and there is no avoiding the catastrophic meltdown. We already bought it. This is all just a suggestion if we want to try things differently.

I don't know very much about this issue.

Assuming we need a common American currency, what is the best way to do it?

We should once again base our dollar on gold. It's a common fact that over 80% of all the gold to be had in America is still in the ground. We should go after it.

We should once again base our dollar on gold. It's a common fact that over 80% of all the gold to be had in America is still in the ground. We should go after it.

Going back to the gold standard instead of relying on the confidence of a piece of paper would be interesting at this point in the game.

I will be frank in saying it makes me feel uneasy that the dollar is no backed up by anything real.

Going back to the gold standard instead of relying on the confidence of a piece of paper would be interesting at this point in the game.

I will be frank in saying it makes me feel uneasy that the dollar is no backed up by anything real.

That's a huge part of why the dollar is now worth a fraction of what it used to be. The more we simply print and throw into circulation, the less it's worth, and not just here in America but around the world.

As the dollar goes down, the price of gold goes up, and it's gone up quite a bit lately. I've been buying little bits of gold as I can afford them. It's better than any savings account or CD or 401K.

I'd go for that.

Know anything about Liberty Dollars ?

I have a small collection of coins and have maybe a dozen Liberty Dollars. There was a coin shop in Virginia City, Nevada, and they had a bowl full of Liberty Dollars that were all ten bucks a piece. I'd always pick through there and buy the nicer ones. I know the Peace Dollars are the ones that can be worth a ton of money though.

That's a huge part of why the dollar is now worth a fraction of what it used to be. The more we simply print and throw into circulation, the less it's worth, and not just here in America but around the world.

As the dollar goes down, the price of gold goes up, and it's gone up quite a bit lately. I've been buying little bits of gold as I can afford them. It's better than any savings account or CD or 401K.

Well I found the future U.S dollar in all it's forms:

$monopoly_20money.jpg

Gold always has been and always will be the best investment. Right now, it's about the same value it was during the Carter Administration actually.

At this point, I see more money being printed in the future and the value decreasing until it eventually bottoms out. We haven't even felt the full effect of the Bush Administration's 8 years yet. And at this point we need to hope and pray that China will still need to rely on us in the near future; otherwise like a loan shark they could call in our debts and it wouldn't be pretty.

Though I do find it interesting that we actually owe Japan more then anybody.

I'd go for that.

I have a small collection of coins and have maybe a dozen Liberty Dollars. There was a coin shop in Virginia City, Nevada, and they had a bowl full of Liberty Dollars that were all ten bucks a piece. I'd always pick through there and buy the nicer ones. I know the Peace Dollars are the ones that can be worth a ton of money though.

I think we're on a different page. You mean US Liberty Dollars ?

There was a competeing currency developed called "Liberty Dollars". It was a model much like the gold standard, kind of in line with the Ron Paul model. I think they actually made Ron Paul coins at one time. The certificates were valued against actual silver held somewhere in Idaho. After a few years, there was quite an impressive list of retailers nation wide that accepted liberty dollars. The idea was that when the US dollar finally collapses, there would be at leat something in place to represent actual value for us to trade with.

The government seized the warehouse and silver a year and a half ago. No crime has been charged against anyone. They just seized it and annouced a program for everyone holding liberty dollars to cash them in for US currency again.

I'd go for that.

I think we're on a different page. You mean US Liberty Dollars ?

There was a competeing currency developed called "Liberty Dollars". It was a model much like the gold standard, kind of in line with the Ron Paul model. I think they actually made Ron Paul coins at one time. The certificates were valued against actual silver held somewhere in Idaho. After a few years, there was quite an impressive list of retailers nation wide that accepted liberty dollars. The idea was that when the US dollar finally collapses, there would be at leat something in place to represent actual value for us to trade with.

The government seized the warehouse and silver a year and a half ago. No crime has been charged against anyone. They just seized it and annouced a program for everyone holding liberty dollars to cash them in for US currency again.

Yes, and this was all after the US Treasury, US Mint, and the Federal Reserve had all previously said it violated no laws.

Go figure.

The treasury issues it, just like they do now.

If there's any business which should be nationalized, it's banking.

It make absolutely no sense to give the right to create money from the people and corporations promises to pay it back, to FOR PROFIT banks.

It also makes absolutely no sense to force our government to borrow money from for profit banks either.

When the government needs money for public projects it should either tax it from the people, or if it needs to increase the amount of specie in circulation in order to prevent deflation, it ought to issue it directly.

A dollar's value is based on the premise that the AMERICAN PEOPLE will create something of value, and on the premise that the government of the USA has about the right amount of specie in circulation in comparison to pour productivity.

It is NOT based on the premise that a bank will create something of value, because everyone knows that the only thing of value that Banks produce are those free calenders they hand out around Christmas.

I get more for my money in stolen pens then I do in an account :D

Forum List

Back