Ron Paul: Legislation on the Fed

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Zoom-boing, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,124
    Unless I missed it, the MSM didn't touch this. Gee, I wonder why?

Statement of Congressman Ron Paul
    United States House of Representatives
    Statement on Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act

February 3, 2009

Madame Speaker, I rise to introduce legislation to restore financial stability to America's economy by abolishing the Federal Reserve. Since the creation of the Federal Reserve, middle and working-class Americans have been victimized by a boom-and-bust monetary policy. In addition, most Americans have suffered a steadily eroding purchasing power because of the Federal Reserve's inflationary policies. This represents a real, if hidden, tax imposed on the American people.

From the Great Depression, to the stagflation of the seventies, to the current economic crisis caused by the housing bubble, every economic downturn suffered by this country over the past century can be traced to Federal Reserve policy. The Fed has followed a consistent policy of flooding the economy with easy money, leading to a misallocation of resources and an artificial "boom" followed by a recession or depression when the Fed-created bubble bursts.

With a stable currency, American exporters will no longer be held hostage to an erratic monetary policy. Stabilizing the currency will also give Americans new incentives to save as they will no longer have to fear inflation eroding their savings. Those members concerned about increasing America's exports or the low rate of savings should be enthusiastic supporters of this legislation.

Though the Federal Reserve policy harms the average American, it benefits those in a position to take advantage of the cycles in monetary policy. The main beneficiaries are those who receive access to artificially inflated money and/or credit before the inflationary effects of the policy impact the entire economy. Federal Reserve policies also benefit big spending politicians who use the inflated currency created by the Fed to hide the true costs of the welfare-warfare state. It is time for Congress to put the interests of the American people ahead of special interests and their own appetite for big government.

Paul (TX14) - Speech and Statement - Statement on Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act

2. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
  3. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,203

I love it!

But don't expect the government to listen to him when he only got 1% of the vote.

Look what Woodrow Wilson said about his participation in starting the Fed:

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." -Woodrow Wilson, after signing the Federal Reserve into existence

4. wimpy77

wimpy77 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    like its going to go anywhere. he needs to go back to his planet.

5. Killuminati

Killuminati Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    stfu

6. DiveCon

DiveCon gone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,387
    come on people, Ron Paul has no shot in hell of getting anything passed into law
    name something other than the renaming of some government building that he has successfully got signed into law in his career

7. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,131
    And it's a crying shame he doesn't. Maybe if dumb asses quite electing buffoons like hussein and RINO's like mclame, we'd actually get someone that knew how to fix this country the RIGHT way. But no... people are too damn stupid.

I like Ron Paul. I think he's a smart man. He had a huge lead on hussein and mclame in Nevada in the primaries.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  8. DiveCon

DiveCon gone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,387
    but Romney trashed them both
    14% and 2nd place is nothing when the winner got over 50%

9. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,131
    Not in Nevada he didn't. Ron Paul won the "primaries" in Nevada. I know. I was there, and I voted for him.

10. DiveCon

DiveCon gone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,387
    no he didnt
    Romney won in NV with over 50%