Ron Paul Legalize Marijuana Bill: 8 Reasons Why It Makes Sense

When reagan started his war on drugs, and entire generation became hypnotized on the idea that drugs are bad. and fortunatly all of these people will die before i do.

Standing up for the right to do with your own body as you please without the threat of incarceration? Profoundly righteous.

You don't believe that.

The US recognizes several Native American tribes that use peyote in it's religious exercise, and make it legal for them to mail order the peyote from Mexico. Surely if we allow a group of people to exercise their freedom so long as they do not infringe on the rights of other citizens, a cause for parity to those that want to use another plant, for recreation and medical necessity as the citizens desires. Smoking, eating or drinking MJ has been used for millinea by humans along with the need for the agricultural revolution to create more beer. Yet in today's societies(mostly industrialized) we see the governments interdiction into phrohibiting Mj and one attempt at alcohol. The results are very evident. The legalization of alcohol stoppped the violence of the mobsters and poisonous underground production.
Humans always have and will always want their drugs.

-Yet as an American citizen I cannot legally join the Native Americans Religion.

When reagan started his war on drugs, and entire generation became hypnotized on the idea that drugs are bad. and fortunatly all of these people will die before i do.

That started long ago way before Raygun. See Refer Madness. People believed. Some still do.

Legalization of cannabis is coming soon. The states voting for full legalization in 2012 will probably pass the measures and they will be the ones wedging the issue into politics. Any aspiring president campaigning in their states will almost certainly have to address the issue when there asking for their votes.

I do not agree with Obama and the current measures being taken against the states rights on this issue (and others as well).

That started long ago way before Raygun. See Refer Madness. People believed. Some still do.
You're right about the Reefer Madness effect. But it was beginning to diminish until Reagan, along with the ditzy, quaalude addicted bitch, "Just say no," Nancy, stoked the coals and added fuel to one of the biggest deceptions in political history.

Marijuana was liberally used during the revolutionary sixties in New York City, but unless it occurred in connection with some real unlawful behavior the NYPD paid no attention to it. It was decriminalized there throughout the seventies and was virtually legal. There were head shops all over the place, Sears and E.J. Korvette sold bongs, rolling papers and pipes in their tobacco sections. Small time dealers discreetly sold joints for a dollar in Thompson Square and Washington Square Parks, the benches in Prospect Park (Brooklyn) were occupied by smoking chatters, and weed was growing in brownstone backyard gardens all over Park Slope (where I lived).

There was a coffee shop called The Feenjon on Bleecker Street and Seventh Avenue in Greenwich Village. People would sit at the window tables drinking coffee, eating pastries, and smoking pot from joints, bongs, stone pipes and hookahs -- in plain sight. The beat cops would walk by and not even glance because the NYPD brass didn't want cops taken off the streets with bullshit pot arrests.

It was a beautiful, free, and happy time (in spite of Vietnam). Then the dimwit pulled the plug, the shit hit the fan, Reefer Madness was resurrected, and an era of official corruption far exceeding that which existed during alcohol Prohibition was commenced and continues through today. All thanks to Ronald Reagan, the dim-witted corporatist sonofabitch, and his noble pill-junkie wife.

Incidentally, for the benefit of those few brainwashed individuals who still believe the Reefer Madness hype, the crime rate in New York City during that era was exceptionally low but rose sharply in the eighties.

You're right about the Reefer Madness effect. But it was beginning to diminish until Reagan, along with the ditzy, quaalude addicted bitch, "Just say no," Nancy, stoked the coals and added fuel to one of the biggest deceptions in political history.

Marijuana was liberally used during the revolutionary sixties in New York City, but unless it occurred in connection with some real unlawful behavior the NYPD paid no attention to it. It was decriminalized there throughout the seventies and was virtually legal. There were head shops all over the place, Sears and E.J. Korvette sold bongs, rolling papers and pipes in their tobacco sections. Small time dealers discreetly sold joints for a dollar in Thompson Square and Washington Square Parks, the benches in Prospect Park (Brooklyn) were occupied by smoking chatters, and weed was growing in brownstone backyard gardens all over Park Slope (where I lived).

There was a coffee shop called The Feenjon on Bleecker Street and Seventh Avenue in Greenwich Village. People would sit at the window tables drinking coffee, eating pastries, and smoking pot from joints, bongs, stone pipes and hookahs -- in plain sight. The beat cops would walk by and not even glance because the NYPD brass didn't want cops taken off the streets with bullshit pot arrests.

It was a beautiful, free, and happy time (in spite of Vietnam). Then the dimwit pulled the plug, the shit hit the fan, Reefer Madness was resurrected, and an era of official corruption far exceeding that which existed during alcohol Prohibition was commenced and continues through today. All thanks to Ronald Reagan, the dim-witted corporatist sonofabitch, and his noble pill-junkie wife.

Incidentally, for the benefit of those few brainwashed individuals who still believe the Reefer Madness hype, the crime rate in New York City during that era was exceptionally low but rose sharply in the eighties.

From my experience it was Nixon that resurected the madness. He condemned his own commission to strike up the war again. Of course it was to go after the anti-war movenement. When Carter proposed decriminilization I thought there might be a chance but look what the press did to him.........then of course came Reagan.....

Legalization of cannabis is coming soon. The states voting for full legalization in 2012 will probably pass the measures and they will be the ones wedging the issue into politics. Any aspiring president campaigning in their states will almost certainly have to address the issue when there asking for their votes.

I do not agree with Obama and the current measures being taken against the states rights on this issue (and others as well).
I truly wish you are right. But hasn't Obama's treacherous performance in this matter clearly demonstrated the level and degree of corruption affecting the marijuana issue?

Candidate Obama, who unhesitatingly admitted to using marijuana -- "frequently," and did all but openly promise to deal with the marijuana issue, did a 180 when elected and has shown himself to be no more inclined to promote legalization than were any of his predecessors. In fact he has arrogantly and contemptuously turned his back on millions of supporters whom he cynically deceived via artful bullshitting.

Doesn't that suggest to you the kind of political power operating in opposition to any hint of legalization? Too many people in very high places are making too much money from marijuana prohibition to consider telling the truth about it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back