Ron Paul is out

Mr. Paul said. “Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have.”

Wow...Not spending money you don't have.

What a concept!

Finally coming to the conclusion just about every single non-Paulbot already knew when he began his campaign....WOW, what a concept.

Thread title misleading. he's not out, he's just not campaigning in primary states. We'll see what happens come Tampa.

Thread title misleading. he's not out, he's just not campaigning in primary states. We'll see what happens come Tampa.

Denial. It's not just a river in Egypt.

Let's see the Paul-bots tiny heads explode here. Maybe it's just a trick to get Romney complacent so he doesn't notice Paul winning the nomination. Yeah, that's it.

or maybe you're too dumb to realize why he's not going to bother. He's already got the 5 state plurality needed to attend tampa. So we'll what happens in Tampa.

And it's the Nile, not denial, bird brain.

or maybe you're too dumb to realize why he's not going to bother. He's already got the 5 state plurality needed to attend tampa. So we'll what happens in Tampa.

And it's the Nile, not denial, bird brain.

Yeah, that's it. He'll go to tampa and sweep all the delegate and become the nominee. Right?

False. Ron Paul has not dropped out of the race, he's just not going to actively campaign. His campaign is going use their limited resources to focus on getting supporters to become delegates rather than holding rallies.

False. Ron Paul has not dropped out of the race, he's just not going to actively campaign. His campaign is going use their limited resources to focus on getting supporters to become delegates rather than holding rallies.

No, he isn't stopping his campaign. He's taking it to a New Level! Yeah, that's it!

Thank you for the clarification, Mr. Kennedy. That makes sense. It keeps his conservative message out in the public and could give conservatism an edge if there is a close race. If it is not close, he still kept a conservative message in clear view. That I like.

Mr. Paul said. “Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have.”

Wow...Not spending money you don't have.

What a concept!

Finally coming to the conclusion just about every single non-Paulbot already knew when he began his campaign....WOW, what a concept.
Most of Dr. Paul's supporters knew he was in it to gather delegates and have a strong say in the party platform.

But hey, you and the rest of the neocon hater club just keep on with the hatin'...It's what you're best at.

No, he isn't stopping his campaign. He's taking it to a New Level! Yeah, that's it!

This has been the strategy from the get go, so no, it's not a "new level." The campaign is merely now focusing exclusively on the delegate process, instead of using limited resources holding large rallies.

Actually none of those who have withdrawn from the race have "quit". They all have just suspended their campaigns and technically could start them up just as quickly as they suspended them. In suspension they can continue to raise money to pay off existing campaign debts or even to resume campaigning should they choose to do so. They all will remain on all ballots in states in which they have qualified to be there and we have all seen that many are still receiving votesl For instance in North Carolina, Rick Santorum, who suspended well before Paul, still netted double digits in the vote, 1 percentage point more than Ron Paul got even though Ron Paul was still running.

While I did not and do not support Ron Paul as President, I do think he has an important message that needs to get out therre. And now with no reason to continue to oppose him, I am hoping he will have a much better opportunity to get it out.

Although my opinion hardly counts in this instance, I applaud Dr Paul's example of conservatism, which, in this case, is acknowledging one's financial limitations. I wish him the best of luck in his campaign.

What a breath of fresh air he is. We could certainly do with a man of his calibre to dust away some of the old cobwebs in the House of Commons.

Although my opinion hardly counts in this instance, I applaud Dr Paul's example of conservatism, which, in this case, is acknowledging one's financial limitations. I wish him the best of luck in his campaign.

What a breath of fresh air he is. We could certainly do with a man of his calibre to dust away some of the old cobwebs in the House of Commons.

Unfortunaely Ron Paul lacks the leadership ability to get people to cooperate with his ideas. As an idealist he is compelling as testified by a loyal bunch of followers who have raised him to Godlike stature and brook no question or criticism of him. Unfortunately, his inbility to negotiate and persuade has marginalized him in Congress where he is liked and tolerated, but given no significant position of leadership and is not taken seriously re any legislation. And his 'exalted' status among his followers has marginalized him with the larger American public who sees his followers as something of a cult and him as their leader, a bit on kooky side, and not to be taken seriously.

And this is unfortunate as he does have some brilliant ideas that deserve to be heard. And I am hoping the presumptive nominee, Romney, will know that and put it to good advantage.

Forum List

Back