RON PAUL is ELECTABLE

Ron Paul sounds sane up to a point, then he has a libertarian/teabagger LSD flash and starts letting it all hang out. Observe these quotes:

”Given the inefficiencies of what DC laughingly calls the criminal justice system, I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal. These aren’t my figures, that is the assumption you can gather from” the report.”

“Contrary to the claims of the supporters of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the sponsors of H.Res. 676, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 did not improve race relations or enhance freedom. Instead, the forced integration dictated by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 increased racial tensions while diminishing individual liberty.” -On the 40th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Act

“I wouldn’t vote against getting rid of the Jim Crow laws.” -When asked if he would have voted for the Civil Rights Act.

“Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action.”
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yva0VSN1_T4]Teaparty: Just Let Uninsured People Die (CNN GOP debate, Ron Paul) - YouTube[/ame]

And then there are these little gems courtesy of FactCheck.org:
- He falsely claimed last December that the estate tax "especially harms small and family-owned businesses." But if the estate tax was returned to 2009 levels, less than 8 percent of estates taxed in 2011 would be family farms and businesses, according to the Tax Policy Center. The tax deal struck by President Barack Obama and congressional Republicans would affect 440 such estates, more than half of which are worth more than $20 million each. Paul also said that the estate tax was "double taxation." That's only the case for cash that had been taxed when it was earned as income. Investments, such as stocks, bonds and real estate, would not have been taxed before, if they had not been sold prior to the owner's death.

- He made the wild claim that "16,500 armed bureaucrats" from the IRS would enforce the mandate that everyone have health insurance. That figure came from a partisan analysis based on false assumptions. Plus, the IRS will mainly distribute tax credits, not enforce penalties. And "armed"? Very few, if any, new hires would actually carry guns. As of 2009, the IRS had only 2,725 (3 percent of all employees) who were "special agents," sworn law enforcement officers assigned to criminal cases and authorized to carry guns. The health care law also bans criminal penalties for those not abiding by the mandate.

- In the 2008 campaign, Paul pushed the bogus conspiracy theory that government bureaucrats and foreign corporations were plotting a "NAFTA Superhighway" and the creation of a North American Union with a single currency. It's all a myth.

- He also claimed in the last presidential race that the U.S. had a "$1 trillion foreign operation" to maintain "our empire." But his $1 trillion figure included all defense spending, plus half of NASA's funding, medical and retirement pay for veterans, the U.S. Border Patrol, airport security, the issuing of passports, cargo inspections, the FBI's counter-terrorism unit, and 92 percent of interest payments on the debt, among other items.

Last edited:
I admire Ron's honesty, but he doesn't have a prayer of getting the nomination or the general election.

I also loved the look of joy on his face when Perry had his senior moment.

Ron Paul sounds sane up to a point, then he has a libertarian/teabagger LSD flash and starts letting it all hang out. Observe these quotes:

”Given the inefficiencies of what DC laughingly calls the criminal justice system, I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal. These aren’t my figures, that is the assumption you can gather from” the report.”

“Contrary to the claims of the supporters of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the sponsors of H.Res. 676, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 did not improve race relations or enhance freedom. Instead, the forced integration dictated by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 increased racial tensions while diminishing individual liberty.” -On the 40th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Act

“I wouldn’t vote against getting rid of the Jim Crow laws.” -When asked if he would have voted for the Civil Rights Act.

“Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action.”
Teaparty: Just Let Uninsured People Die (CNN GOP debate, Ron Paul) - YouTube

- He falsely claimed last December that the estate tax "especially harms small and family-owned businesses." But if the estate tax was returned to 2009 levels, less than 8 percent of estates taxed in 2011 would be family farms and businesses, according to the Tax Policy Center. The tax deal struck by President Barack Obama and congressional Republicans would affect 440 such estates, more than half of which are worth more than $20 million each. Paul also said that the estate tax was "double taxation." That's only the case for cash that had been taxed when it was earned as income. Investments, such as stocks, bonds and real estate, would not have been taxed before, if they had not been sold prior to the owner's death.

- He made the wild claim that "16,500 armed bureaucrats" from the IRS would enforce the mandate that everyone have health insurance. That figure came from a partisan analysis based on false assumptions. Plus, the IRS will mainly distribute tax credits, not enforce penalties. And "armed"? Very few, if any, new hires would actually carry guns. As of 2009, the IRS had only 2,725 (3 percent of all employees) who were "special agents," sworn law enforcement officers assigned to criminal cases and authorized to carry guns. The health care law also bans criminal penalties for those not abiding by the mandate.

- In the 2008 campaign, Paul pushed the bogus conspiracy theory that government bureaucrats and foreign corporations were plotting a "NAFTA Superhighway" and the creation of a North American Union with a single currency. It's all a myth.

- He also claimed in the last presidential race that the U.S. had a "$1 trillion foreign operation" to maintain "our empire." But his $1 trillion figure included all defense spending, plus half of NASA's funding, medical and retirement pay for veterans, the U.S. Border Patrol, airport security, the issuing of passports, cargo inspections, the FBI's counter-terrorism unit, and 92 percent of interest payments on the debt, among other items.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAs7XZVgKhI]Marci Kaptur North American Union Cintra - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wCdULj6fOQ&feature=related]The North American Union REVEALED (Ron Paul 2008!) - YouTube[/ame]

What I love is that you have something like over 70% of Americans in agreement that the country is headed in the wrong direction, and then here's a guy like Dr. Ron Paul who is the only candidate that breaks from all these policies that have gotten us here in this downward spiral -- and somehow that's a bad thing? He's crazy because he goes against the establishment of failure that has us where we are today? I understand people are scared of new things but they have to remember how the current things are working for them. For me, Ron Paul is the only electable candidate.

Try this. Imagine if Ron Paul won in 88 and has been dictator ever since; then think of where we'd be today. There would've been no dotcom, housing, or any other bubbles, so no financial meltdown, and we wouldn't be fighting multiple wars overseas. Would you take that over where we are now?

Last edited:
What exactly is extreme? Ending imperialism? regaining control of our money? Restoring the constitution?

Paul isn’t extreme, he and his followers are naïve reactionaries.

The American Empire is here to stay, we’ve never had ‘control’ over our money, and the Constitution is the only thing functioning as intended, it’s in no need of ‘restoration.’

Ron Paul is 76 years old, he would be 77.5 for his inauguration. The more important question would be who would be selected as a Vice President because that is who would end up in the Oval Office sooner than later.

Ron Paul is 76 years old, he would be 77.5 for his inauguration. The more important question would be who would be selected as a Vice President because that is who would end up in the Oval Office sooner than later.

Good question. I don't think he cares much for the other Repub candidates.

It would have to be someone close to him on the issues.

The only thing that old dumbass would do running on an independent ticket is ensure a second term for odumbo and he knows it. He ought to have his ass kicked up around his shoulders for even thinking it.

If he really loves this country, he won't.

obama MUST be defeated.

Last edited:
With the possible exception of Romney, the Republican/Tea Party have no presidential candidates capable of winning the 2012 Election. Romney is probably too moderate to get the nomination so Obama should be up against a candidate who is already positioned too far to the "right" to be electable.

Last edited:
The Patriot Act is a clear example that we need to restore the Constitution. It's not being followed.

We are spending way too much on these wars if you ask me, a trillion dollars is a way to get the point across. The guy's not perfect, I don't think many people are gonna claim that even if they support him.

But he stands for a lot of things that I agree with, (90+% of his stances). No other candidates has been as honest as him right now, if not Ron Paul then who?

Newt Gingrich? You wanna elect the guy who got money from the bailouts for being a consultant to some of these banks? You're just falling into the same old crap again if you vote for someone like him.

If the media hates someone, then there's something to look for in there if you ask me.

What exactly is extreme? Ending imperialism? regaining control of our money? Restoring the constitution?

Paul isn’t extreme, he and his followers are naïve reactionaries.

The American Empire is here to stay, we’ve never had ‘control’ over our money, and the Constitution is the only thing functioning as intended, it’s in no need of ‘restoration.’

Clearly you dont know what reactionary means or you wouldnt even consider Ron Paul as reactionary.

Im hitting your rep for being either a dumb shit, or a liar. You can choose which.

Teaparty: Just Let Uninsured People Die (CNN GOP debate, Ron Paul) - YouTube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAs7XZVgKhI]Marci Kaptur North American Union Cintra - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wCdULj6fOQ&feature=related]The North American Union REVEALED (Ron Paul 2008!) - YouTube[/ame]

Be they Democrat or Republican, be they new conservative, Tea Party or Bluedog....when you've got it wrong, you've got it wrong.

I vaguely remember this BS from a few years back, and found the article that (should have) put it to rest. Here it is for those who actually think it through:

Posted at 6:00 AM ET, 12/ 3/2007
A 'Superhighway' to Nowhere
By Michael Dobbs

Fact Checker - A 'Superhighway' to Nowhere

A clift note version:

NAFTA Superhighway

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/NAFTA_Superhighway

Last edited:
What I love is that you have something like over 70% of Americans in agreement that the country is headed in the wrong direction, and then here's a guy like Dr. Ron Paul who is the only candidate that breaks from all these policies that have gotten us here in this downward spiral -- and somehow that's a bad thing? He's crazy because he goes against the establishment of failure that has us where we are today? I understand people are scared of new things but they have to remember how the current things are working for them. For me, Ron Paul is the only electable candidate.

Try this. Imagine if Ron Paul won in 88 and has been dictator ever since; then think of where we'd be today. There would've been no dotcom, housing, or any other bubbles, so no financial meltdown, and we wouldn't be fighting multiple wars overseas. Would you take that over where we are now?

For you, Ron Paul represents an ideology that's all hunky dory....so long as you IGNORE all the little Spartan-esque fantasies that inevitably spew out of Paul's libertarian brain. Bottom line: Somalia is a living example of the type of little-to-no federal gov't representive of the people...but you sure as hell won't see Paul or any of his supporters hop over there for a visit. I gave two examples on this thread (Posts #21 & #32) as to why Paul is essentially full of it. If you can logically or factually disprove them, then do so. If not and you STILL purport that Paul is the only electable candidate, then you're just being stubborn.

Last edited:
The Patriot Act is a clear example that we need to restore the Constitution. It's not being followed.

We are spending way too much on these wars if you ask me, a trillion dollars is a way to get the point across. The guy's not perfect, I don't think many people are gonna claim that even if they support him.

But he stands for a lot of things that I agree with, (90+% of his stances). No other candidates has been as honest as him right now, if not Ron Paul then who?

Newt Gingrich? You wanna elect the guy who got money from the bailouts for being a consultant to some of these banks? You're just falling into the same old crap again if you vote for someone like him.

If the media hates someone, then there's something to look for in there if you ask me.

Paul makes a lot of rational criticisms of the current system, and then the wheels come off as he has a libertarian/neocon/teabagger flashback. Check out posts #21 and #32 and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Paul makes a lot of rational criticisms of the current system, and then the wheels come off as he has a libertarian/neocon/teabagger flashback. Check out posts #21 and #32 and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I saw your post, honestly the things in those posts aren't things that make me second guess him as a candidate. No candidate is perfect and Ron Paul I feel hasn't actually made too many objective mistakes as other candidates. Either way I'll reiterate my point, if not Ron Paul then who?

I love it after Straw Polls.......His moonbat supporters flood the poll, he wins, and they actually think that crazy ol' fuck has a chance.

It's friggin' hilarious!

BTW, where's that goofy fuckin' blimp?

Forum List

Back