Ron Paul is a racist

Very true.

For a campaign that went from being grassroots and totally unorganized, uncontrolled, etc, to being one of the tightest run ships this cycle, I feel like they're really dropping the ball on this newsletter thing.

They KNEW this was going to happen, and for some reason they just seem like they're unprepared and are hoping and praying that if they ignore and avoid it, it'll magically go away.

I think it will go away. There is no substance to it and like all hot air it will dissipate into the atmosphere.

No way.

Even if it somehow goes away during the primaries, if he somehow won the nomination, it would be center stage during the general.

Yeah but really what else is there to say about them. He didn't write them and he disavows them. This is all they have because if they had more they would be bringing it. With Cain the problem was more and more women coming forward. If there is nothing else out there then this will fall flat soon.

I do however also blame Paul for not doing a press release and having some answers and allow questions... Then he can always say "Look at my press release if you want to know about the newsletter."

Very true.

For a campaign that went from being grassroots and totally unorganized, uncontrolled, etc, to being one of the tightest run ships this cycle, I feel like they're really dropping the ball on this newsletter thing.

They KNEW this was going to happen, and for some reason they just seem like they're unprepared and are hoping and praying that if they ignore and avoid it, it'll magically go away.
But how could they possible address it? Those things WERE published in his name. He really has written and said things that lead us to believe he holds racist views.

I'm not sure how one can expect a campaign to try to spin obvious facts. If he wins the Republican nod it will certainly be a focal point of any campaign against him. His fellow Republicans seem to afraid to piss off his supporters so they won't bring it up. The DNC will suffer no such fear.

I think it will go away. There is no substance to it and like all hot air it will dissipate into the atmosphere.

No way.

Even if it somehow goes away during the primaries, if he somehow won the nomination, it would be center stage during the general.

Yeah but really what else is there to say about them. He didn't write them and he disavows them. This is all they have because if they had more they would be bringing it. With Cain the problem was more and more women coming forward. If there is nothing else out there then this will fall flat soon.

You know that and I know that because we've extensively looked into the topic. But will Joe and Jane Six Pack know it when the only exposure they've even had to the subject consists of the media making an accusation while they provide just enough info to make Paul look guilty, then corner him on it and give him 60 seconds to explain something that would take probably a comprehensive interview to cover?

I doubt it. How much hope can we have for a critical thinking electorate when Obama won by a landslide?

I do however also blame Paul for not doing a press release and having some answers and allow questions... Then he can always say "Look at my press release if you want to know about the newsletter."

Very true.

But how could they possible address it? Those things WERE published in his name. He really has written and said things that lead us to believe he holds racist views.

I'm not sure how one can expect a campaign to try to spin obvious facts. If he wins the Republican nod it will certainly be a focal point of any campaign against him. His fellow Republicans seem to afraid to piss off his supporters so they won't bring it up. The DNC will suffer no such fear.

What has he written or said that was racist? No one is accusing him of writing these newsletters. Can you link to a racist statement spoken by him? The accusation is that these were printed with his name on them and the question is whether he knew about it at the time or not. He says he didn't and I believe him because racism is antithetical to his entire philosophy. The philosophy that has been the driving force of his entire political career. His every action and vote has been consistent with that philosophy. Google Civil Libertarianism. He has even said that Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King were personal heroes of his.

Very true.

What has he written or said that was racist? No one is accusing him of writing these newsletters. Can you link to a racist statement spoken by him? The accusation is that these were printed with his name on them and the question is whether he knew about it at the time or not. He says he didn't and I believe him because racism is antithetical to his entire philosophy. The philosophy that has been the driving force of his entire political career. His every action and vote has been consistent with that philosophy. Google Civil Libertarianism. He has even said that Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King were personal heroes of his.

He made millions off those newsletters. He wrote advertising for them that his Iowa campaign chair said he stands behind, well except for the controversial parts, :rolleyes:
He may not be racist, but he's had no problem taking money from those that are or encouraging folks to be racists via those letters, that to repeat, he helped to peddle.

He made millions off those newsletters. He wrote advertising for them that his Iowa campaign chair said he stands behind, well except for the controversial parts, :rolleyes:
He may not be racist, but he's had no problem taking money from those that are or encouraging folks to be racists via those letters, that to repeat, he helped to peddle.
Whatever happened to the repub mantra of "we're not going to get a perfect candidate"?

I guess any imperfection is acceptable, as long as the candidate in question doesn't stray from the neocon warfare state nation builder doctrine, huh?

You have a source to back up this claim of "millions", right?

Very true.

He avowed being aware of those newsletters before he disavowed being aware of them.

If you think the general non-ron-paul-bootlicking public is going to accept an excuse that a newsletter he once claimed to know, a newsletter written under his name and titled after him was not something he knew about...well....Ron Paul 2012! Make him your candidate. Shout his name from white rooftops!

Have at it...on video!
The tenor of Paul's newsletters changed over the years. The ones published between Paul's return to private life after three full terms in congress (1985) and his Libertarian presidential bid (1988) notably lack inflammatory racial or anti-gay comments. The letters published between Paul's first run for president and his return to Congress in 1996 are another story—replete with claims that Martin Luther King "seduced underage girls and boys," that black protesters should gather "at a food stamp bureau or a crack house" rather than the Statue of Liberty, and that AIDS sufferers "enjoy the attention and pity that comes with being sick."
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/12/22/paul-in-1995-say-have-you-read-my-newsletters/

Last edited:
Quote:
The tenor of Paul's newsletters changed over the years. The ones published between Paul's return to private life after three full terms in congress (1985) and his Libertarian presidential bid (1988) notably lack inflammatory racial or anti-gay comments. The letters published between Paul's first run for president and his return to Congress in 1996 are another story—replete with claims that Martin Luther King "seduced underage girls and boys," that black protesters should gather "at a food stamp bureau or a crack house" rather than the Statue of Liberty, and that AIDS sufferers "enjoy the attention and pity that comes with being sick."

This quote actually supports what he has said which is that he wasn't involved in running the publication during the time he left public office.

Last edited:
He made millions off those newsletters.
In one year, 1993, "Ron Paul & Associates" reported $940,000 in earnings. The corporation had eleven employees, including Dr. Paul. Divided evenly, that's a shade over $134,000 per person. The most incendiary parts of the newsletter were published between 1989 and 1994, so his share of those years would have been almost $806,000. For those of you scoring at home, that is less than one million dollars.

Source.

Please stop pulling numbers out of your ass.

I do find the bit that since I think Paul's a boob for what he said, I must be a Bachmann supporter. I'm not in any camp at this point. I'm not even a Republican, I'm a libertarian.
Yeah, I don't know how anyone could have come to the conclusion that you're a Bachmann supporter. :rolleyes:

So...according to you...only a Bachmann supporter could be offended that Paul said she hates Muslims. Got it. I'll give that all due consideration. There, now I'll flush...

I don't know if Ron Paul is a racist or not but I know he's fucking nuts.
Thank you so much for your wonderful, intelligent contribution to the thread.

And ... ignored.:fu:

:thewave:

Bam! Now that's what I'm talking about. You're such a limp dicked little bitch that you go the negative rep route. I got under your skin, Mr. No Balls.

You are a Paulie supporter aren't you? You can't convince someone who agrees with you 90% plus of the time because you're an asshole just like every other single Paul supporter and yes, Paul himself who has to resort to ad hominem attacks on his opponents he pulled out of his ass. The same place he found you...

Now back to lauging my ass off that I threatened your manhood so much that you can't discuss politics on a political forum without showing what a pussy you are. Pull your dress down, little girl, your twat is showing again...

:lmao:

I don't know if Ron Paul is a racist or not but I know he's fucking nuts.

Bam! Now that's what I'm talking about. You're such a limp dicked little bitch that you go the negative rep route. I got under your skin, Mr. No Balls.

You are a Paulie supporter aren't you? You can't convince someone who agrees with you 90% plus of the time because you're an asshole just like every other single Paul supporter and yes, Paul himself who has to resort to ad hominem attacks on his opponents he pulled out of his ass. The same place he found you...

Now back to lauging my ass off that I threatened your manhood so much that you can't discuss politics on a political forum without showing what a pussy you are. Pull your dress down, little girl, your twat is showing again...

... and that's where I won the thread. :rofl:

Yes, you showed you're a unick by going with negative rep in a discussion. That's "winning." Got ya, Darlene.

Yes, you showed you're a unick by going with negative rep in a discussion. That's "winning." Got ya, Darlene.
"Unick"? What's a "unick"?

Forum List

Back