Ron Paul gets creamed in S.C. debate over Osama Bin Laden question.

Emboldened by the defeat of the Soviets in Afghanistan, bin Laden began extending his ties with radical Muslims worldwide, and making plans to take the fight to the U.S., organizing al-Qaeda in 1988. His hatred toward the U.S. was solidified when American troops, instead of his Arab brothers, confronted Saddam Hussein during the 1990 Kuwait invasion. To bin Laden this was “a violation of the sanctity of Muslim territory.”

March 1997:

In an interview with CNN he says, "We declared jihad against the US government, because the US government is unjust, criminal and tyrannical…”

"For this and other acts of aggression and injustice, we have declared jihad against the US, because in our religion it is our duty to make jihad so that God's word is the one exalted to the heights and so that we drive the Americans away from all Muslim countries.”

February 1998:

Bin Laden announces the creation of the International Islamic Front for Jihad Against the Jews and Crusaders, in association with extremist groups from Egypt, Pakistan and Bangladesh:

"We--with God's help--call on every Muslim who believes in God and wishes to be rewarded to comply with God's order to kill the Americans and plunder their money wherever and whenever they find it. We also call on Muslim ulema, leaders, youths, and soldiers to launch the raid on Satan's U.S. troops and the devil's supporters allying with them, and to displace those who are behind them so that they may learn a lesson."

"The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies -- civilians and military -- is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy mosque [Mecca] from their grip, and in order for their armies to move out of all the lands of Islam, defeated and unable to threaten any Muslim."

Why did Osama bin Laden hate Americans, Jews and Christians? | Washington Times Communities

Last edited:
He is constantly getting owned by his own words.

The bottom line is Ron Paul thinks America is the true evil in the world, and if we left everyone alone the world would all be friendly trading partners. He is a dangerous fuckin bastard.

I don't agree with his foreign policy one bit, however I am willing to forgo his policies on foreign issues and embrace his domestic policies..

Are you also willing embrace his racist newsletters? If by some miracle Ron Paul wins the nomination--you know what's coming---:cuckoo:

In my opinion a vote for Ron Paul at this time is just another vote for Mitt Romney. He has no chance of winning the nomination--and a vote for him is just a protest vote.

Libertarians aren't racist - they're honest...

He is constantly getting owned by his own words.

The bottom line is Ron Paul thinks America is the true evil in the world, and if we left everyone alone the world would all be friendly trading partners. He is a dangerous fuckin bastard.

I don't agree with his foreign policy one bit, however I am willing to forgo his policies on foreign issues and embrace his domestic policies..

i agree on many domestic policy issues he makes alot of good points, but I kind of see him as someone who hates America. To me thats a deal-breaker.

Sometimes libertarianism can bite you in the ass...

I suppose sometimes you cant have your cake and eat it....

I'm without question against all terrorist networks...

I suppose one needs to look beyond their own interests and make sure their civil liberties are being practiced...

It's not...

Are you also willing embrace his racist newsletters? If by some miracle Ron Paul wins the nomination--you know what's coming---:cuckoo:

In my opinion a vote for Ron Paul at this time is just another vote for Mitt Romney. He has no chance of winning the nomination--and a vote for him is just a protest vote.

Convince the voting public of that one---:lol::lol::lol:

This is exactly why I can't support Paul. As much as I love his domestic policies, and I do love them, his naiviness on Islam is too much for me to support.

His ideas - such as they are - on foreign policy are fucking insane, but it is not Islam in general that is our problem. It is terrorists who happen to be radical Islamists, and they are hardly our only concern in the world that old nutcase doesn't seem to recognize.

Convince the voting public of that one---:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

Personally I found the whole operation to be odd. Disposing of the body like that just smells fishy to me. Not that it ultimately matters. I think Paul was right even if the delivery wasn't great. This is another example of the US doing whatever we want, wherever we want while telling the rest of the world "Fuck You and your borders bitches"

Obamerican neg repped me for my opinion in this post, he said I came across as ignorant.

What a douche....
I negged you for saying that Ron Paul's twisted tongue babbling made sense to you. Besides, we're even. You negged me back.:lol:

After considering events, I'm not at all sure that obama "got Bin Laden" at all. This has all the markings of a quid pro quo. Bin Laden had aready become useless and inconvenient. Trading him for release of the terrorists at Gitmo and American support in Libya might be more beneficial to al quaeda than protecting one sick old man who to all intents and circumstances was retired.

Well--if you want to see someone get real nervous about a question--regarding a radio interview the previous week--watch this video of Ron Paul trying to explain why he disagreed with going into Pakistan to get Bin Laden---:lol: His response is SOOOO BAD it is almost incoherent.

Ron Paul on going after Bin Laden SC Republican Debate Fox 1/16/12 - YouTube

And here is Newt Gingrich's response to Ron Paul

Newt Plan for America's Enemies: Kill Them - YouTube

A guy like Gingrich will make the world less safe, he is disturbed and needs treatment. He has never done any military service either, so why he talks about killing them etc. is odd, that chichen-hawk.

I'll try to explain this. We were sitting on UBL for weeks, we knew were he was, we had tabs on him. What Obama should've done is confronted Pakistan's gov and gave them the ultimatum; told them that this could be done the easy way with their cooperation or the hard way with unilateral US military force. It could've been done without losing UBL and it would've put Pakistan in the position of having to make clear to us and the world whether they're our true ally deserving of $billions in foreign aid. They want our money so they would've made sure they didn't stand in our way of capturing UBL. If they tried stalling or being generally uncooperative, we would've had to take him by unilateral force like Obama did but at least with this initial diplomatic approach we wouldn't now be expected to keep sending $billions to Pakistan.

How incredibly Ignorant. Do you actually think Osama was sitting less than a Mile from Pakistani Intelligence in a Major city and they didn't Know? If Obama had confronted Pakistan as you demand, all he would have accomplished would have been to Tip our Hand. A Discrete Message would have been sent, and Osama would have been gone.

it's not as Simple as is Pakistan our ally or not. In fact the truth is they are not. Pakistan is extremely Unstable, and not exactly our Friend. We fund, and Prop up the Government there mainly because we fear what could Replace it, and have it's finger on a Nuclear Arsenal. Namely a Radical Islamic Theocracy. If we Push Pakistan to, To Publicly, Show they are working with us, and we risk igniting a Radical Islamic Backlash in that country that could end with Radicals in charge.

were walking a Tight Rope with Pakistan and frankly there is not really a good play to make.

You pretty much nailed it.

Glad to see the people who watched the debate don't agree with the pro-warmongering republicans/democrats on this board.

Glad to see the people who watched the debate don't agree with the pro-warmongering republicans/democrats on this board.

Why not put Gingrich in the first-line when they’ll attack Iran. Let him fight at the front, he ows to do military service that fat chichenhawk.
Let Santorum join him at the front, he hasn’t served either. They’ll make a strong front line.

Gingrich and Santorum as front fighters.

Why not put Gingrich in the first-line when they’ll attack Iran. Let him fight at the front, he ows to do military service that fat chichenhawk.
Let Santorum join him at the front, he hasn’t served either. They’ll make a strong front line.

This is one of the dumbest posts yet..............
Please continue................

And let Obama fly over a village in Libya dropping bombs all over in hopes that in the pile of dozens massacred there's one person you can call a terror a suspect.

Or put him and Biden on the front lines of the Afghanistan War.

If our politicians and bureacrats knew they'd be on the frontlines of the wars they vote for, we'd be the most peaceful empire in world history.

Personally I found the whole operation to be odd. Disposing of the body like that just smells fishy to me. Not that it ultimately matters. I think Paul was right even if the delivery wasn't great. This is another example of the US doing whatever we want, wherever we want while telling the rest of the world "Fuck You and your borders bitches"

Obamerican neg repped me for my opinion in this post, he said I came across as ignorant.

What a douche....
I negged you for saying that Ron Paul's twisted tongue babbling made sense to you. Besides, we're even. You negged me back.:lol:

I negged you back because I thought this was a passive agressive attempt to censor my opinion. All you really had to do was respond back with the reasons you disagreed with me.

That's how mutual understanding is reached.

The issue for me is really about American Sovreignty. If we don't respect other countries borders and laws then how can we expect anyone to respect ours? There seems to be a mentality that it's ok if we do it but if anyone else does it then they are pure evil.

How can we look at Mexico with a straight face and tell them they need to respect our borders? The problem is that a lot of people just don't care how the rest of the world sees us but we should because we are vastly outnumbered.

Forum List

Back