Ron Paul: End The Fed

I admire the man's guts, that's for damned sure.

I don't think his solution will work, but he's sure as hell right that what we have now isn't working for the benefit of this society.

If people thought Ron Paul had the right ideas, they would have voted for him.

Personally, i think he's a lot of hot air...someone who claims to be opposed to earmarks, but takes earmarks for HIS constituency; and pretends to be for term limits, but keeps his own butt in his Congressional seat.

The man has some good ideas. Remember just because a man is voted in doesn't make him the best choice aka Carter, GWB and yes Reagan.

But getting rid of the board and going to the gold standard is scary. Gold has gone through the roof, imagine where interest rates would be at if we had the gold standard. People's rates would adjust from the 5% to the 12% with a cap or 20%+ without a cap. You got in for a loan on a new home and the LO tells you not problem your rate is 22%, but we can get you at 21.125% if you pay a point!

The Fed Reserve Board is not perfect, but the gold standard is more of the 2 evils!

I'm sure we can fix the problems you speak of.

And we don't need to pick the lesser of two evils here. We have other options I'm sure.

And I don't know how anything could be worse that what we have now.

Our founding fathers warned us of corporations becoming too big/powerful, and here we have exactly that. And we double the debt every 4-8years? So the more we owe, the more the Fed owns us?

And this is necessary?

How about we drop the gold standard and just take back the Federal Reserve? We can print money, fuck with inflation as needed just like they do. And if we are in charge of it, we won't be charging ourselves interest on the debt. It will just be "THE DEBT".

The bankers own this country.

Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world."
~ Henry Kissinger

Baron M.A. Rothschild wrote, "Give me control over a nation's currency and I care not who makes its laws."

Look what Woodrow Wilson said after passing the Federal Reserve Act:

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." -Woodrow Wilson, after signing the Federal Reserve into existence

So after seeing all this, you would have to either be a rich banker or nuts to still want the Federal Reserve to continue owning this country.

Yeah, well, ultimately, I think he's full of it and the people who think he's all that and a bag of chips just like him because he hates government and would hang Israel out to dry.

So the far reaches of the left and the white supremacists love him.

Not true! The white supremacist love him for his strong stance against illegal immigration, pro-border protection. that doesn't mean its wrong. Any leftist that like him are either very ignorant (nothing new for the left) or stupid (against nothing new for the far left). Ron Paul is as right of center as they come. except on the war!

Also I lost respect for him when it came out that he was a pork loving Congressman. Taking pork goes against everything he preaches! No Ron Paul support ever comes up with a good rebuttel to this FACT!

I don't think his solution will work, but he's sure as hell right that what we have now isn't working for the benefit of this society.

Personally, i think he's a lot of hot air...someone who claims to be opposed to earmarks, but takes earmarks for HIS constituency; and pretends to be for term limits, but keeps his own butt in his Congressional seat.

The man has some good ideas. Remember just because a man is voted in doesn't make him the best choice aka Carter, GWB and yes Reagan.

But getting rid of the board and going to the gold standard is scary. Gold has gone through the roof, imagine where interest rates would be at if we had the gold standard. People's rates would adjust from the 5% to the 12% with a cap or 20%+ without a cap. You got in for a loan on a new home and the LO tells you not problem your rate is 22%, but we can get you at 21.125% if you pay a point!

The Fed Reserve Board is not perfect, but the gold standard is more of the 2 evils!

You realize interest rates are going to increase multifold -because- of the fiat policy we've had? When one prints too much money, inevitably, rates have to increase dramatically to balance the system out. Look at the 70s, and what Paul Volcker had to do to prevent the dollar from collapsing. Now, if we were abiding by a gold standard, Paul wouldn't have to do that. One must not be so short-sighted.

Also, why must we borrow for every minute purchase? There was a time where we saved up and bought cars outright, and made a substantial down payment on homes. Now, I realize, inflation has ruined this for many of us, but our economy was in much better shape in the 50s and 60s than it is today, and we can slowly return to that point with a gold standard.

Well his constituents in the 14th district of Texas did vote for him, which is why he's able to introduce the legislation to abolish the Fed to the House of Representatives.

Taking control of the FED I can sign onto.

The gold standard won't work unless we completely alter the way we think of money.

The gold standard in a growing economy creates enormous downward pricing pressure on the values of good and services.

And FWIW, the gold standard does NOT prevent the boom and bust cycles in economies, anyway.

While it is certain that a central bank can screw up the balance between money and the stuff it buys, and by doing so screw up an economy, there is no historical evidence whatever that the gold standard does a damned thing to prevent booms and busts in the economy.

Those cycles in economies have always been there. They are even discussed in the BIble, for goodness sakes (seven years of feast, seven years of famine, remember?)

Some of this vasilations are caused by events which we can see easily, (natural disaster, wars and so forth) some of then seem to be based on the nation zietgiest which is harder to pin down, but a gold standard can't prevent them from happening.

Economies just don't seem to handle changes in real world circumstances all that well.

Invisible sleight of hand of the market and all that, ya know.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back