Ron Paul: Cut Off All Foreign Aid To Egypt,And All The Rest...

Yup. Your guy should have listened to the good Doctor. He had it right when he wasn't taking sides. Taking the side of the protesters was a big mistake. Someday more politicians will figure it out though. Aggressive Foreign Interventionism is always a Lose/Lose for us in the end.

There is an old saying in politics. Whether you agree or not, the voter is always right

The same goes here. It is the peoples country, not Mubaraks......and the people are always right

So when "The People" put in people like Mao, Stalin and Castro. They were right to do so? :lol:

Don't get me wrong, Mabur is a dictator, and not the good kind. He was, and maybe is, the lesser of the evils over there.

Best idea; Keep out pie holes shut and keep our money here.

yup

Don't ya love Ron Paul?

Everything is so simplistic

Life is only as complicated as we make it.

It is often made to appear complex to hide truths and corruption as well.

In confusion there is opportunity for profit.

Haha funny... I always tell my girlfriend "In politics, complexity usually means corruption."

For instance, when looking at HC... The simplistic answer is never done, instead we have 2000+ page bill that just happens to be complex and corrupted as anything in politics gets.

We have learned in the last 200 years that we are failures at running another country. When we take sides, any side, we lose, every time. Paul need to stay out of it and so does the president. We have given a ton of money to Egypt and gotten what?????

We have learned in the last 200 years that we are failures at running another country. When we take sides, any side, we lose, every time. Paul need to stay out of it and so does the president. We have given a ton of money to Egypt and gotten what?????

An ally that lets us use the Suez canal, thier sea and air ports, etc, for the last 30+ years.

An ally that lets us use the Suez canal, thier sea and air ports, etc, for the last 30+ years.

And keeps the peace with Israel.

If the new govt proves to be hostile to Israel, the aid that is now going to Egypt will be diverted to Israel. We have been buying peace and defending Israel. Bribery may be necessary but it's sure disgusting in nature and seems to always fail in the end.

We'll still be "Evil America" either way. It doesn't really matter who seizes power in Egypt. Damned if you do,damned if you don't. That's what our years & years of aggressive Foreign Interventionism has gotten us. We'll be the "Evil Imperialists" no matter what happens in Egypt. Our Foreign Policy is just a Lose/Lose for us in the end. Revolutionary changes are needed.

If the new govt proves to be hostile to Israel, the aid that is now going to Egypt will be diverted to Israel. We have been buying peace and defending Israel. Bribery may be necessary but it's sure disgusting in nature and seems to always fail in the end.

I don't see the next guy in Egypt leaving a billion US Dollars on the table.

Good point-----It's possible they will take the money and screw the US and Israel too. We seem to be dumb like that.

Good point-----It's possible they will take the money and screw the US and Israel too. We seem to be dumb like that.

More than likely the next guy in Egypt will take the money and keep the same arrangement going with the US as far as Israel, unless some bat shit crazy Mullah takes over the show.

And keeps the peace with Israel.

If the Islamic Brotherhood gets control, not only is that alliance at an end, that peace may come to an ugly end.

The amount of our budget that goes to foreign aid is.....TINY. It's just something blowhards like to quibble about.

Oh silly Americans. The World plays us for fools on a daily basis. The U.S. is simply used as a whipping-boy for all the pathetic & failed nations of the World. We're always gonna be "Evil America" for these nations. Yea sure,they'll take our cash & weapons but at the end of the day we're still "Evil America." They use us more than we use them. When things go bad in their Hellholes,they just blame "Evil America." But hey,it's our own fault. That's what aggressive Foreign Interventionism gets us in the end. We use them but they use us even more. They just take our cash & weapons and then smile to our face. But as soon as things go bad in their Hellholes,it's all about that "Evil America." Time to wake up America. The whole "Foreign Aid" idea needs to be reassessed. I'm not too optimistic this will ever happen though. It really is depressing.

LibApoc...you're right as far as International Relations political theory goes. The big dog needs to act like the big dog, consequences be damned. People are always going to hate us for our successes.

Not sure if the rest of that paragraph means much to me...but the first part was right on track.

Everyone uses everyone. Unfortunately we only hear about how much "Evil America" uses nations. Trust me,the World uses us just as much if not more than we use them. We're just the Whipping-Boy for all the miserable & failed Hellholes on this Earth. When in doubt,just blame "Evil America." But hey,we wanted to be an Empire. We wanted all this aggressive Foreign Interventionism. Well here's the result. Now we're Damned if we do,Damned if we don't. They just take our cash & weapons if we're willing to give it. Then they smile to our face. But you can bet as soon as things go to shite in these Hellholes,it's gonna be all about that "Evil America." A Lose/Lose for sure. When will our politicians realize this?

Forum List

Back