Ron Paul comes in from the fringe

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Laura Burkett, a conservative Republican from Coralville, Iowa, didn't give Ron Paul a second thought in the 2008 presidential contest, turned off by his calls for an end to military action around the globe and unswayed by his warnings that the nation was teetering on economic implosion.

"I really thought he was a nut," Burkett said. "Everything he said, I thought, 'This is ridiculous.'"

Four years later, reeling from the nation's fiscal decline and what she says is an unprecedented federal expansion into Americans' lives, Burkett is an ardent supporter who plans to do anything she can to make the Texas congressman the GOP nominee.

People like Burkett show how far Paul's candidacy has come from four years ago, and signal the potential he has to shake up the GOP contest, most immediately at Saturday's Ames straw poll.

Ron Paul comes in from the fringe - latimes.com

This article focuses quite a bit on Ron Paul's expanding base of support, and how he'll potentially do very well at the Ames Straw Poll later today.

I can't say RP will win the nomination but I think he will be one of the top guys to beat. If people like Newt drop out and back RP he will win, but the odds of that happening are slim but possible.

Mitt will prolly not win the nomination as he can't even win in a debate going off any polls... Even if you take RP out of the polls Mitt takes 3rd place on almost every poll out there.

The fact that Ron Paul and his ideas are being discussed and debated all over America and on the internet, means he has already won.

I can't say RP will win the nomination but I think he will be one of the top guys to beat. If people like Newt drop out and back RP he will win, but the odds of that happening are slim but possible.

Mitt will prolly not win the nomination as he can't even win in a debate going off any polls... Even if you take RP out of the polls Mitt takes 3rd place on almost every poll out there.

There is no Left Party.

The fact that Ron Paul and his ideas are being discussed and debated all over America and on the internet, means he has already won.

What ‘ideas’? He has no idea what he’s talking about. I have yet to hear him cite any case law or precedent in support of his bizarre ‘interpretation’ of the Constitution. It’s as if he thinks it’s 1800.

This must be some kind of libertarian wet-dream.

What ‘ideas’? He has no idea what he’s talking about. I have yet to hear him cite any case law or precedent in support of his bizarre ‘interpretation’ of the Constitution. It’s as if he thinks it’s 1800.

This must be some kind of libertarian wet-dream.

In your opinion.

Ron is no republican..... fiscally I love the man, but thats where it stops for me.

On national defense, he is a 1st class idiot

Ron is no republican..... fiscally I love the man, but thats where it stops for me.

On national defense, he is a 1st class idiot

He's a member of the Republican Party, therefore a Republican. On national defense he is a first class realist.

I don't agree with everything Paul says but he is the only Republican i would vote for over Obama.

Yeah, right. Just like when Biden said that he could vote for McCain. You lefties are always trying to pick the repub challenger. :lol:
You people know that Paul would be the one person Obama could beat. Also, why would you vote for somebody that conservative? Your saying you could vote for someone very liberal, or you could vote for someone very conservative? I don't think so.

I don't agree with everything Paul says but he is the only Republican i would vote for over Obama.

Yeah, right. Just like when Biden said that he could vote for McCain. You lefties are always trying to pick the repub challenger. :lol:
You people know that Paul would be the one person Obama could beat. Also, why would you vote for somebody that conservative? Your saying you could vote for someone very liberal, or you could vote for someone very conservative? I don't think so.

I could, and would.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

The polls have shown that Paul does better against Obama than most of the other candidates, so how is he the only candidate Obama would beat?

The polls have shown that Paul does better against Obama than most of the other candidates, so how is he the only candidate Obama would beat?

Overall, I like Ron Paul, but he does have his problems. National defense is a major weakness, he's a fringe player, and I don't think he would capture the republican base. Obama would be a shoe-in if he was nominated, just like when McCain was nominated, I knew there was no chance.

Overall, I like Ron Paul, but he does have his problems. National defense is a major weakness, he's a fringe player, and I don't think he would capture the republican base. Obama would be a shoe-in if he was nominated, just like when McCain was nominated, I knew there was no chance.

If Ron Paul were the nominee Obama would have to defend his foreign policy to a very war weary electorate. Ron Paul would get that vote, and the polls indicate that a majority of Americans are now against these wars. Not to mention Ron Paul being the most credible candidate on the economy.

If Ron Paul were the nominee Obama would have to defend his foreign policy to a very war weary electorate. Ron Paul would get that vote, and the polls indicate that a majority of Americans are now against these wars. Not to mention Ron Paul being the most credible candidate on the economy.

Ron Paul is an isolationist...try and sell that to the republicans.

^ this is the biggest reason why Paul should be the GOP nominee.

He's the GOP candidate with the best potential for picking up the moderates, independents, etc.

Forum List

Back