Ron Paul: Capitalism is Dead

Pols --
The problem is not 'free trade"
The fundamental problem America faces in 2009 is inadquate savings and investment.

Have to differ with you, although I may be misinterpreting your post.

Believe the genesis for our problems is government spending. It has increased almost without abatement for a very long time and now The Prophet wants to take Bush 43's excesses forward on steriods. Basically America is almost out of bullets.

Were we to have maintained a balanced budget of sorts over the years (and folks, please spare me the political boilerplate) we would have a lot of options today that could be aggressinve but would, basically, do no harm. Have a post about why we are at this juncture on my blog: http:indianaoracle.wordpress.com

So then then cost of Iraq, a war we should have never gotten into, is the reason we are in this mess?

And keep in mind that Bush chose to have America pick up the bill. That way, the oil companies get all the oil $, the private defense contractors make billions, and the US taxpayers got stuck with the bill.

I defy you to find any of Obama's spending that is as wasteful and irresponsible as the Iraq war.

And remember, you defended the Iraq war.

Obama spending that is as wasteful and irresponsible as the Iraq war, well Obama continuing the Iraq war comes to mind immediately. Increasing troops in Afghanistan, bailing out failed businesses, the stimulus in general. Need I go on?

The main result of Smoot-Hawley was that American businesses now had strong financial incentives to do business with other American companies, rather than bring in products made with cheaper foreign labor: Americans started trading with other Americans.

the point of economy is not to employ useless people in useless jobs

the point is to produce that which is high demand

That was a very big problem in the GD. With 25% unemployment, falling prices (deflation), and credit frozen, there wasn't much demand.

i won't argue with you unless you pay me for it. say $20 per post.

this is a long argument.

in short - you are a dumbass.

there may be a shortage of "demand" but there is never a shortage of WANT.

once you wrap your defective brain around the problem the solution can only be to INCREASE production even if it already exceeds demand.

even KEYNES understood that !

but as i said - this is a long discussion - the only way you can understand is if you become an austrian economist yourself

you have to take the philosophy as a whole. you can't look at one tiny aspect of the problem and expect to draw the right conclusion about the entire picture.

Last edited:
the solution can only be to INCREASE production even if it already exceeds demand.

Oh my god...that might be dumbest thing I've every read on the subject of economics.

Yeah, you just pushing that chain, that'll work.

I have no doubt companies which aren't selling enough to begin with will increase production to get the USA out of a recsssion.

Private corporations are known for doing things that destroy their balance sheet for the good the commonweal.

Happens all the time.

the solution can only be to INCREASE production even if it already exceeds demand.

Oh my god...that might be dumbest thing I've every read on the subject of economics.

Yeah, you just pushing that chain, that'll work.

I have no doubt companies which aren't selling enough to begin with will increase production to get the USA out of a recsssion.

Private corporations are known for doing things that destroy their balance sheet for the good the commonweal.

Happens all the time.

ED buddy !

there is a thread called "Free Trade" waiting for your explanation in it ...

if you don't enter it we will all know that you're FULL OF SHIT

Forum List

Back