Ron Paul and the "Wacko" Label

Do Ron Paul's GOP rivals try to present Ron Paul as a "wacko"? Yes - I believe so. Smirks, eye-rolling send a clear message.

Does the media try to present Ron Paul as a "wacko"? I believe that sometimes they do - or at least they are buying into that effort by Paul's rivals for the GOP nomination. Or maybe they are picking up on some of the things that Paul and his supporters do that make it all too easy to write him off as a wacko.

I don't think Ron Paul is a wacko.

Yes, his positions are significantly different from many "mainstream" politicians. That - in and of itself - doesn't make him a wacko. But it does put the onus squarely on him to explain and educate people in a way that they can understand. His failure to accomplish that makes the "wacko" label that much easier to stick.

So many of his supporters who engage in poll hacking and absurd delegate total claims are so obviously preposterous that it makes it way too easy to write them off as wacko and that makes it easier to write Paul himself off as a wacko.

When they hack post debate polls producing absurd results like "87% of debate viewers believe Ron Paul won the debate" it makes them look stupid when he consistently draws 8 to 12% in actual voting.

Ron Paul is as much a victim of himself and of his own supporters as he is of any media bias or attacks from opponents.

What constitutes hacking these polls? All Ron Paul supporters do is vote in them like everyone else. Just because they have more dedication than supporters of other candidates doesn't mean they're hacking anything.

As for the delegate claims, there's nothing preposterous about it. Ron Paul supporters are getting elected at the county level far more than the straw poll results indicate. Now we won't know the exact delegate total for months, but it can at least be expected that Ron Paul will have more delegates than the "official" tallies would indicate. Does that mean he's going to win the nomination? No, but it does mean if there's a brokered convention with multiple rounds of voting that things could get very interesting.

No matter how you slice it, Paul's 50 or so delegates will have little weight

I agree, Big Government progressive rule both parties. Just look at the frontman for the Republicans, a guy that ran his stae much like Obama runs the country. Funny story is Mitt's state has to get massive federal funds to keep from going under for their HC system.

What constitutes hacking these polls? All Ron Paul supporters do is vote in them like everyone else. Just because they have more dedication than supporters of other candidates doesn't mean they're hacking anything.

As for the delegate claims, there's nothing preposterous about it. Ron Paul supporters are getting elected at the county level far more than the straw poll results indicate. Now we won't know the exact delegate total for months, but it can at least be expected that Ron Paul will have more delegates than the "official" tallies would indicate. Does that mean he's going to win the nomination? No, but it does mean if there's a brokered convention with multiple rounds of voting that things could get very interesting.

I agree, Big Government progressive rule both parties. Just look at the frontman for the Republicans, a guy that ran his stae much like Obama runs the country. Funny story is Mitt's state has to get massive federal funds to keep from going under for their HC system.

Yea.....I have to agree

The system is fixed against candidates who do not win any states

Yea.....I have to agree

Yup, it is near impossible to win an election when you do not run off giving people more stuff. Really what has to happen is a full collapse of that society for the lession to be learned. Good poing RW.

Yea.....I have to agree

Yup, it is near impossible to win an election when you do not run off giving people more stuff. Really what has to happen is a full collapse of that society for the lession to be learned. Good poing RW.

Maybe it's saying it is none of our business if Iran has nukes

Oh, it's our business. We had saudi terrorists hijack planes and fly them into.....oh, wait. Damn right we need to nuke the country allegedly pursuing nukes.

We will win the earth.,

Neither of the Pauls seem to think things through. They both make outrageous statements without ever considering how their beliefs, opinions or plans would work or what they would do. Even though Ron Paul is 75+ years old, he seems very naive. His kid is just plain racist and dumb. No thought at all.

Neither Ron nor Rand are actually Libertarians.

I knew and worked with Dave Nolan in Denver in the 70s. In its purest form, Libertarianism is beautiful and appeals to the very naive as well as anarchist wannabes.

Libertarianism is a lot like Communism is that both work very well on paper but will never work in real life.

Do Ron Paul's GOP rivals try to present Ron Paul as a "wacko"? Yes - I believe so. Smirks, eye-rolling send a clear message.

Does the media try to present Ron Paul as a "wacko"? I believe that sometimes they do - or at least they are buying into that effort by Paul's rivals for the GOP nomination. Or maybe they are picking up on some of the things that Paul and his supporters do that make it all too easy to write him off as a wacko.

I don't think Ron Paul is a wacko.

Yes, his positions are significantly different from many "mainstream" politicians. That - in and of itself - doesn't make him a wacko. But it does put the onus squarely on him to explain and educate people in a way that they can understand. His failure to accomplish that makes the "wacko" label that much easier to stick.

So many of his supporters who engage in poll hacking and absurd delegate total claims are so obviously preposterous that it makes it way too easy to write them off as wacko and that makes it easier to write Paul himself off as a wacko.

When they hack post debate polls producing absurd results like "87% of debate viewers believe Ron Paul won the debate" it makes them look stupid when he consistently draws 8 to 12% in actual voting.

Ron Paul is as much a victim of himself and of his own supporters as he is of any media bias or attacks from opponents.

And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Yea.....I have to agree

Maybe it's saying it is none of our business if Iran has nukes

Says the war loving liberal... Kill em all right? Or what's the plan there RW?

Neither of the Pauls seem to think things through. They both make outrageous statements without ever considering how their beliefs, opinions or plans would work or what they would do. Even though Ron Paul is 75+ years old, he seems very naive. His kid is just plain racist and dumb. No thought at all.

I knew and worked with Dave Nolan in Denver in the 70s. In its purest form, Libertarianism is beautiful and appeals to the very naive as well as anarchist wannabes.

Libertarianism is a lot like Communism is that both work very well on paper but will never work in real life.
Well give you a big gold star for the day. :clap2:

Nobody fucking cares who you claimed to worked for.

I love it, lets attack Paul for not being 100% libertarian... Do I get to attack Obama for not being 100% liberal? Omgz! Obama is not 100% like JFK! FAAAAAAAAAAAAKKE!

Yo! Underfed ninny - You cared enough to try (and fail) for an insult.

Better luck next time.

Yo! Underfed ninny - You cared enough to try (and fail) for an insult.

Better luck next time.
You cared enough to try (and fail) to respond to said observation. Be glad for the attention I've deigned to give your lying ass.

Eat a dick, old man.

After Pat Paulsen stopped running for President with no hope of winning someone had to carry on that tradition Ron Paul is the man who did it.

wack·o
   [wak-oh] Show IPA noun, plural wack·os, adjective Slang .
noun
Also, wack. an eccentric, strange, or odd person.
Ron Paul.

I do agree with the OP that Ron Paul supporters are a lot more whacko than he is. Conspiracy Theorists come out of the woodwork for Paul

God willing you'll live long enough to eat those words, jackass. You know what the problem is with people like you? And I don't just mean liberals, either, the stupendous gullibility spans BOTH sides of the aisle. The government pisses on your leg and tells you it's raining, and you DUMBFUCKS believe them!!

You idiots will watch the Zapruder film and STILL claim Oswald shot Kennedy from behind. You can read military and diplomatic cables from November 1941 and STILL believe that FDR didn't know the Japs were coming. You can watch 3 steel structures collapse into their footprints at freefall speed and STILL believe they weren't 'helped' down, even though NOT ONE had ever collapsed in HISTORY!

I hate to quote Franco, but you fucks are DUPES!

You choke on a gnat, yet swallow a camel WHOLE!

wack·o
   [wak-oh] Show IPA noun, plural wack·os, adjective Slang .
noun
Also, wack. an eccentric, strange, or odd person.
Ron Paul.

I do agree with the OP that Ron Paul supporters are a lot more whacko than he is. Conspiracy Theorists come out of the woodwork for Paul

God willing you'll live long enough to eat those words, jackass. You know what the problem is with people like you? And I don't just mean liberals, either, the stupendous gullibility spans BOTH sides of the aisle. The government pisses on your leg and tells you it's raining, and you DUMBFUCKS believe them!!

You idiots will watch the Zapruder film and STILL claim Oswald shot Kennedy from behind. You can read military and diplomatic cables from November 1941 and STILL believe that FDR didn't know the Japs were coming. You can watch 3 steel structures collapse into their footprints at freefall speed and STILL believe they weren't 'helped' down, even though NOT ONE had ever collapsed in HISTORY!

I rest my case

I rest my case

Did the government test atomic weapons in the atmosphere to see what the fallout would do to the people and livestock downwind? YES.

Did the government infect black soldiers with syphillis? YES.

Did the government force sterilization on thousands of citizens in order to 'cleanse' the gene pool? YES.

Did the government give Native Americans smallpox-infected blankets as a form of biological warfare? YES.

AND YOU TRUST THESE PEOPLE AND CALL ME CRAZY??

I rest my case

Did the government test atomic weapons in the atmosphere to see what the fallout would do to the people and livestock downwind? YES.

Did the government infect black soldiers with syphillis? YES.

Did the government force sterilization on thousands of citizens in order to 'cleanse' the gene pool? YES.

Did the government give Native Americans smallpox-infected blankets as a form of biological warfare? YES.

AND YOU TRUST THESE PEOPLE AND CALL ME CRAZY??

So he doubles down on nut job

Ron Paul serves as a good comedy break. Without him we wouldn't have much to laugh at during the debates.

Forum List

Back