Ron Paul and the "Wacko" Label

Fuck your case law. Nowhere in the constitution does it say that the court is the final answer on constitutionality. It doesn't even give them the authority for judicial review. The court awarded ITSELF that power.

Ah, another graduate of the Mr. Nick School of Law, I see.

The Constitution is the culmination of centuries of Anglo-American judicial tradition. The doctrines of judicial review, judicial interpretation, and the rule of law predate the Constitution and government; and the Constitution, as part of that judicial tradition, is subject to judicial interpretation. The Court merely acknowledged and confirmed that fact in Marbury:
Wrong, yet again.

The USSC seized that power in Marbury, which both Madison and Jefferson saw as a naked power grab by the judiciary.

Fuck your case law. Nowhere in the constitution does it say that the court is the final answer on constitutionality. It doesn't even give them the authority for judicial review. The court awarded ITSELF that power.

Ah, another graduate of the Mr. Nick School of Law, I see.

The Constitution is the culmination of centuries of Anglo-American judicial tradition. The doctrines of judicial review, judicial interpretation, and the rule of law predate the Constitution and government; and the Constitution, as part of that judicial tradition, is subject to judicial interpretation. The Court merely acknowledged and confirmed that fact in Marbury:
Wrong, yet again.

The USSC seized that power in Marbury, which both Madison and Jefferson saw as a naked power grab by the judiciary.

Congress has had 200 years to challenge Marbury vs Madison

Why haven't they?

His comments about 9/11, national defense and foreign policy make him a wacko.

He is right on taxes, size of the Federal Govt, and invasion of privacy in some issues but he is dangerous when he ignores the mandate of the Federal Govt to "protect the STATES" from foreign threats.

Do Ron Paul's GOP rivals try to present Ron Paul as a "wacko"? Yes - I believe so. Smirks, eye-rolling send a clear message.

Does the media try to present Ron Paul as a "wacko"? I believe that sometimes they do - or at least they are buying into that effort by Paul's rivals for the GOP nomination. Or maybe they are picking up on some of the things that Paul and his supporters do that make it all too easy to write him off as a wacko.

I don't think Ron Paul is a wacko.

Yes, his positions are significantly different from many "mainstream" politicians. That - in and of itself - doesn't make him a wacko. But it does put the onus squarely on him to explain and educate people in a way that they can understand. His failure to accomplish that makes the "wacko" label that much easier to stick.

So many of his supporters who engage in poll hacking and absurd delegate total claims are so obviously preposterous that it makes it way too easy to write them off as wacko and that makes it easier to write Paul himself off as a wacko.

When they hack post debate polls producing absurd results like "87% of debate viewers believe Ron Paul won the debate" it makes them look stupid when he consistently draws 8 to 12% in actual voting.

Ron Paul is as much a victim of himself and of his own supporters as he is of any media bias or attacks from opponents.

Forum List

Back