Ron Paul and Romney Going Head to Head Here on Out

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Don't tell Ron Paul and his supporters that the race for the GOP presidential nomination is over.
They put Republicans in Texas and beyond on notice Saturday that they plan to take their campaign all the way to the national convention in August in Tampa, Fla.

Read more here: Ron Paul, supporters say GOP race isn't over yet - KansasCity.com

It appears Gingrich is finally dropping out, but Ron Paul will fight on. Even though Romney stopped campaigning, he won by a landslide in all of last nights States. Ron Paul still campaigned and still ran adds in some of those seats and still came in 3rd or even 4th (behind Santorum). Yet he fights on. My question to Ron Paul supporters is why is he fighting on? Statistically he can't! The press no longer covers him (and yes unlike 2008 he got a TON of coverage, more than any of the candidates at his low level)! He has no shot at the nomination. So what is he doing? What is his gain!

Personally I want Ron Paul to do one of three things:
(1) Run for Governor of IL (I couldn't imagine another person better to run IL than Ron Paul; His business friend ideology might make IL a corporate destination again; He might get the budget balanced; He would get the highest income tax on the middle class in the US removed; I would support him, but that is my pipe-dream)!

(2) Run for Governor of TX (Texas is not only the most important conservative state it's the most important US state PERIOD! Watching Perry it's obvious TX thrives DESPITE Perry. Paul would be a great TX governor. He would keep it business friend fiscal conservative values alive and well)

(3) Remain in Congress (He fiscal conservative ideology is needed in this Congress nowadays)

He has been interesting, to say the least, and he brought much urgency to the National discussion on fiscal and monetary policy.

But I'd say the old boy should retire.

Ron Paul continues on because he always does. It's fun, he enjoys it. There is no hope and he will be increasingly ignored but he likes to show up. He's very old. He chooses to enjoy himself like this rather than sit in a rocking chair with a heated throw over his lap. He has enough people to donate to his personal fun time so that it doesn't cost him anything. If Paul were playing golf, his supporters would be paying green fees.

As for #3, Dr. Paul has already said that he is in his last term in Congress.

It's what I want him to do, not what he is going to do. I mean do you think he would ever try to come up to IL and fix the state by becoming it's governor? Not a chance, but I could always hope he could get the fire in the belly to turn the most populated and highest GDP state in the Midwest Red and fix the state to make it the Texas of the Midwest (meaning business, regulation and tax friendly).

He can fight on statistically because Romney does not have the 1144 needed delegates to seal the deal. Nor will he likely attain them before Tampa. Paull is still working the delegate strategy and is set to be a challenge at teh convention.

UNtil Romney seals it off, it's still anyone's race. Paul will then retire (or get nominated) after.

Why do you care?

He can fight on statistically because Romney does not have the 1144 needed delegates to seal the deal. Nor will he likely attain them before Tampa. Paull is still working the delegate strategy and is set to be a challenge at teh convention.

UNtil Romney seals it off, it's still anyone's race. Paul will then retire (or get nominated) after.

Why do you care?

He needs 300 delegates out of the 965 remaining. If Paul got every single delegate from here on in he still would not have enough.
It is hardly "anyone's race." That fantasy bullshit.

Paul is now a distraction. He is running for the same reason he served in Congress for 30 years: to run his mouth and collect money from other people. He ought to apologize to the GOP for wasting their time and money.

I should have known the butthurt Rick Perry supporter would find his way into the irrelevant Ron Paul thread.

There is no need to be butthurt.

I should have known the butthurt Rick Perry supporter would find his way into the irrelevant Ron Paul thread.

There is no need to be butthurt.

You're projecting butt-hurt because Paul performed about the way everyone without a wookie-suit in his closet predicted.
Perry had the decency to drop out when it was apparent his campaign wasn't going anywhere. What's Paul's excuse?

Make a good veep,though.

His foreign policy is what I don't like about him and keeps me from supporting him for the Presidency, therefore, I think he would make a horrendous VP. However, State Governors do not deal in foreign policy issues.

Make a good veep,though.

The best man Romney could possibly pick for VP would be Alan West.

I love West, love the guy, but Rubio is also a great pick. I do think he should consider doubling down on the economy and go with Meg Whitman (one of the best business-people in the US and probably the best business woman in the US). She nearly took the CA governor and that says something considering how leftist CA has become!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Make a good veep,though.

I love West, love the guy, but Rubio is also a great pick. I do think he should consider doubling down on the economy and go with Meg Whitman (one of the best business-people in the US and probably the best business woman in the US). She nearly took the CA governor and that says something considering how leftist CA has become!

I like Rubio too, and he can be VP. But he's got constitutional problems when it comes to being president. He's not a "natural born citizen." He's a "native born citizen," so legally, according to our constitution, he can't be president. Unless now Washington has set precedent with obama and they're just going to look the other way and fuck the constitution, which might very well be why republicans look the other way with obama. They have their own illegal president aspirations coming up. They looked the other way for obama, so they'll expect dems to look the other way for Rubio, or Jindal, or whoever.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Make a good veep,though.

Whitman is a horrible candidate...I was in Cali when she ran for Guv and she was a total train wreck.

Paul is now a distraction. He is running for the same reason he served in Congress for 30 years.

I sure hope so. Someone needs to distract the sheep from being mindlessly herded into another meaningless election. Hopefully he can wake a few more up!

I like Rubio too, and he can be VP. But he's got constitutional problems when it comes to being president. He's not a "natural born citizen." He's a "native born citizen," so legally, according to our constitution, he can't be president. Unless now Washington has set precedent with obama and they're just going to look the other way and fuck the constitution, which might very well be why republicans look the other way with obama. They have their own illegal president aspirations coming up. They looked the other way for obama, so they'll expect dems to look the other way for Rubio, or Jindal, or whoever.

He was born in this country, right? That makes him a native born citizen. It is no issue at all.
I dont think he'd be a great choice, but that's irrelevant.

Personally I want Ron Paul to do one of three things:
(1) Run for Governor of IL (I couldn't imagine another person better to run IL than Ron Paul; His business friend ideology might make IL a corporate destination again; He might get the budget balanced; He would get the highest income tax on the middle class in the US removed; I would support him, but that is my pipe-dream)!

(2) Run for Governor of TX (Texas is not only the most important conservative state it's the most important US state PERIOD! Watching Perry it's obvious TX thrives DESPITE Perry. Paul would be a great TX governor. He would keep it business friend fiscal conservative values alive and well)

(3) Remain in Congress (He fiscal conservative ideology is needed in this Congress nowadays)
(1) There is a wing in federal prisons for Illinois governors.

(2) The Texas constitution provides for one of the unions weakest governor's offices

(3) By remaining in Congress, Paul can continue to pack legislation with pork and, once he finds out that the legislation has ample votes to pass, he'll vote against it!

Whitman is a horrible candidate...I was in Cali when she ran for Guv and she was a total train wreck.

A media slandering her and media in the back for liberal choice and she still made it close! I would say she is a great choice!

Forum List

Back