Ron Paul: "0% Chance Of 'Grand Bargain' Over Fiscal Cliff"

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Mad Scientist, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    This is why I'll miss Dr. Paul on Capitol Hill, he always calls it as he sees it:
    Ron Paul: "0% Chance Of 'Grand Bargain' Over Fiscal Cliff" | ZeroHedge
    Video at the link too.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,884
    More likely to be a last minute compromise - or 'kick the can down the road'...
    :eusa_eh:
    THE RESET: Fiscal cliff politics a risky game
    15 Nov.`12 - Democrats and Republicans seem determined to skate perilously close to the edge of the year-end "fiscal cliff." They're sticking to their guns for now while offering just enough wiggle room to hint at a last-minute compromise.

3. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    My bet is that Boner and McClownell will cave at the last moment, to preserve their precious Pentagon spending.

4. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    I agree with Ron Paul.

Obama has fired the first round saying he would not bargain his position.

That's why we haven't had a budget in years.

Boehner has held the line so far and my understanding is he matched people's contributions with personal money, making himself poor so we could win.

Nobody can win when you have 30,000 Talking Heads online like truthmatters, blabbering 50 fibbies a day and her 20 helpers who chimed in high fives and came up with a few of their own. Stuff that doesn't matter, was spun to be pure hatred against stuff that doesn't matter, and a complete looking away from Obama's failure to pass a budget and blaming it on Republicans who are sick of putting their names on spending bills when we can't pay off our bills now and are on a major interest payment binge that exceeds collections.

This isn't America any more because people on the right have no confidence in the voting system when omerta precinct chairmen find boxes after their candidates in close races lose--and it's just enough to put the loser over for a win 2 weeks later.

No confidence in voting. No confidence in Obama who is hell bent to spend America into oblivion, destroy centennial friendships with allies, and put America's interests at risk with Axis and Communist power states who've made ugly moves on us by proxy, acting in collaboration with those who built a better IED to kill and maim our soldiers with after we spent $200,000 per vehicle arming them with reinforcement steel to stop IED explosions from taking off mens' legs and worse.

Sorry, Ron Paul is right on.

Obama wants to be cuddly with Muslim brotherhood terrorists.

We just want the corruption to go away, but don't know how to get rid of it. There's only one choice--take our government back and put the libbies' suitcases on the front porch with a restraining order on the US Treasury.

Sorry, but they're drunk on power and we don't know what to expect next out of them with all that craziness.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  5. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Another reason I believe the repubs will cave.

6. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,884
    Temporary fiscal cliff plan won't help...
    :eusa_eh:
    Geithner: Temp fiscal cliff plan no help
    WASHINGTON, Nov. 17 (UPI) -- U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said a temporary plan to avoid the so-called fiscal cliff would take Washington's budget talks a step backward.

7. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Should have been Paul VS Obama... Now the Republican party has to keep pushing conservatives aside or admit they are just progressive liberals after putting someone like Mitt up to lose.

More or less it comes down to a real leader vs people who pretend to care about things like solving the debt problem. Obama wants to raise taxes on a few people, destroy the economy and collect a meaningless amount of revenue, Mitt wants to cut taxes and spend more than Obama and re-make Obamacare in his own image.

Meanwhile , useless liberals like truthmatter, and sniperfire attack Paul and vote for Big Government progressives.

8. Rshermr

Rshermr VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +855
    Yup, that raising taxes on the wealthy in a bad economy has always created a worse, economy, eh Avory. Maybe you would like to chime in with when that has ever happened in our economy. But my guess is, we won't here from Avory on this one.
    Or maybe you can show a time when, in a bad economy, we have cut taxes and had an improvement in unemployment in our economy. But again, I suspect Avory will not be present on this question.
    But, hell, I think running a true conservative like Rand Paul is a great idea. He would get some of those west virginia votes, and a couple others. Could make Johnson/Goldwater look like a close affair.

9. EdwardBaiamonte

EdwardBaiamonte Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,065
    of course this is true since the less the wealthy have the less they can expand and hire.

In venture capital we call it, shots on goal. The more the libturds steal the less shots on goal we take and the fewer Intels, Google's Amazon's, and HP's there are.

See why we are 100% positive a liberal will be slow, so very very slow??