Ron Artest

The ClayTaurus

Sep 19, 2005
This man gave a hilarious interview on ESPN... I'll try to crudely transcribe it:

Interview said:
ESPN Interviewer: ...And there's been talk before about Ron should have anger management counselling or Ron should take some medication...

Ron Artest: Nah, that's not true because, when you messin' with a hood dude, you know, I didn't grow up how e'rybody else grew up, you know what I'm sayin'? I grew up in the slums. So, in a sense, I'm- that's what I am. So, just cuz I grew up in the slums, and I grew up... how I grew up, why do I need medicine for, you know that's how I grew up. I grew up around thugs and gangsters. I didn't grow up around, uhhh, I didn't grow up around, umm, Donald Trump. I wasn't Donald Trump's nephew.

I like where I grew up.

I like how I grew up.

I like my friends. You know, my friends, you know they not all good people, you know. I still love 'em, you know what I'm sayin'? I don't do the things they do, and, that doesn't make, uh, that doesn't uhhh, ummm, ... people shouldn't say I have to have need medicine anger management class, you know. They need to, they need to try change, they need to try and change the world, you know what I'm saying? Try and change the world, try and change somebody else. A lot of other negative things goin' on in the world, you know, besides Ron Artest.
I don't know about you, but I'm inspired.

The ClayTaurus said:
This man gave a hilarious interview on ESPN... I'll try to crudely transcribe it:

I don't know about you, but I'm inspired.

And they say the schools are doing a crappy job! :rolleyes:

But, aside from that, kudos to Ron for realizing there is a world outside of Ron. Not many pro athletes even get that.

Abbey Normal said:
And they say the schools are doing a crappy job! :rolleyes:

But, aside from that, kudos to Ron for realizing there is a world outside of Ron. Not many pro athletes even get that.
He doesn't have an anger problem, he just grew up differently. Now I know how i'll defend a murder charge. It's not murder where I grew up, not how I grew up. I like how I grew up, people should worry about other things.

NATO AIR said:
Regardless of Artest, that damn fan got what he deserved.
Which one? The one that didn't do anything? Yeah, he got it good. :rolleyes: The one who threw the cup didn't get anything... at least not that night. You do know that Artest and Jackson both went after the wrong fan, right?

The ClayTaurus said:
Which one? The one that didn't do anything? Yeah, he got it good. :rolleyes: The one who threw the cup didn't get anything... at least not that night. You do know that Artest and Jackson both went after the wrong fan, right?

I thought that filmclip was hillarious, but then, I grew up different than you. Dude gets whacked with cup and they kick the shit out of the wrong guy. Classic.

:laugh:

GunnyL said:
I thought that filmclip was hillarious, but then, I grew up different than you. Dude gets whacked with cup and they kick the shit out of the wrong guy. Classic.

:laugh:
Oh I was laughing my ass off in a bar when it was going on. When Jermaine O'Neal decked a guy... absolute TV gold.

It's too bad Artest wouldn't go at it with Wallace. THAT would have been entertaining. Something tells me he knew better.

Anyhow, when Rasheed Wallace is playing peacemaker, you know the situation has gotten completely rediculous.

Forum List

Back