Romney's Trip Ends With A Spat With The Press Corps

Rinata

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
NBC’s Garrett Haake reports that at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Warsaw, a Romney press secretary told reporters that the GOP candidate would likely not answer questions from the press. That meant on the six-day trip, he would have taken precisely three questions from the traveling press corps. When the pool and traveling reporters were told to return to their busses, Haake adds, a mass of reporters instead headed over to the motorcade area, where Romney was observing another monument. It was there the press started shouting questions. An example: “Gov. Romney, are you concerned about some of the mishaps on your trip?” Another: “Gov. Romney, do you have a statement for the Palestinians?” And: “What about your gaffes?” Another Romney press aide fired back, “Show some respect,” adding: “Kiss my ass. This is a holy site for the Polish people. Show some respect.” That press aide later apologized to some of the reporters, but the damage was done. You’ll recall, this trip got off to a bad start during a joint avail with British Labor leader Ed Miliband when Romney refused to take questions from his own press corps, even as he answered questions from the British press.

First Thoughts: Judging Romney's overseas trip - First Read

Romney is just a huge embarassment to us. How can the right wing defend his behavior and the behavior of those that work with him??

If the press is not given access they will speculate or simply make stuff up, they should know this by now. No politician can treat the press as the enemy for long and prosper.

The "Right" will give reasons such as" it was a holy site" or Romney wanted to focus on policy, it will be a bunch of BS reasons, watch and learn, or they will change the subject or they will just insault you:)

So the media trying to create controversy and it's eaten up without question.

And we wonder what's wrong with this nation

romney-boro-joke.jpg

NBC’s Garrett Haake reports that at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Warsaw, a Romney press secretary told reporters that the GOP candidate would likely not answer questions from the press. That meant on the six-day trip, he would have taken precisely three questions from the traveling press corps. When the pool and traveling reporters were told to return to their busses, Haake adds, a mass of reporters instead headed over to the motorcade area, where Romney was observing another monument. It was there the press started shouting questions. An example: “Gov. Romney, are you concerned about some of the mishaps on your trip?” Another: “Gov. Romney, do you have a statement for the Palestinians?” And: “What about your gaffes?” Another Romney press aide fired back, “Show some respect,” adding: “Kiss my ass. This is a holy site for the Polish people. Show some respect.” That press aide later apologized to some of the reporters, but the damage was done. You’ll recall, this trip got off to a bad start during a joint avail with British Labor leader Ed Miliband when Romney refused to take questions from his own press corps, even as he answered questions from the British press.

Romney is just a huge embarassment to us. How can the right wing defend his behavior and the behavior of those that work with him??

5 Ways to Spot a B.S. Political Story in Under 10 Seconds

Please see #5.

He said he didn't want any press there.....the press didn't care and pushed their way in. I'm glad Romney's press aide said what he did. Romney's not over there to make it a photo op like Obama does.

In a blog post entitled "Notes from travel with Gov Romney in Poland," Van Susteren aired some grievances about the campaign's treatment of the press. She wrote:

There has been no press access to Governor Romney since we landed in Poland. We (press) are in a holding pattern (I can’t help but feel a bit like the press is a modified petting zoo since we are trapped in a bus while Polish citizens take pictures of us.) Under the headline “Governor Romney won’t like this” we saw a big sign in the crowd for Rep Ron Paul.​

Greta Van Susteren: Press Is 'Modified Petting Zoo' On Romney Overseas Trip

They forgot to ask Romney "Just how much do you suck?"

I saw it. It was like the press was protesting the event.

Despicable.

“Kiss my ass. This is a holy site for the Polish people. Show some respect.”

:lol:

Ironic aide's statement was ironic

And YOU heard the response, didn't you? "Is there nothing sacred to you people..."?

UN fucking belivable.

Gasp! He said "kiss my ass"? Oh nooooooooooo!

Not a good thing to say to the press under any circumstances. They are like hungry beasts who have to fed information or they become vicious and uncontrollable.

He said he didn't want any press there.....the press didn't care and pushed their way in. I'm glad Romney's press aide said what he did. Romney's not over there to make it a photo op like Obama does.

Why is he over there? so far he has shoved his foot down his own throat to about the belly button level.

Why is he over there? so far he has shoved his foot down his own throat to about the belly button level.

Running for president and somehow expecting the press to leave him alone is pretty naive, who does he think he is? A private citizen?

Typical...Tyrant To Tyrant...

Romney's Trip Has Been So Successful Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Endorsed Obama

RUSH: So a bunch of reporters start shouting questions at Mitt Romney in Poland. We have the audio this coming up in due course. A bunch of reporters start shouting at Romney. He's very, very close to their Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. And one of Romney's press people starts shouting at the reporters. (imitation) "Shut up! This is a holy site for the Polish people. Kiss my butt." He told the reporters to shove it. So now they're all over this guy. He eventually called and apologized. Now, it wasn't long ago that this guy, Neil Munro, was at the White House. Obama's out there delivering some sort of statement. When he thinks Obama's finished, he asks a question. The reporters get so mad at the disrespect shown Obama, they chase this guy, this reporter down to the Washington Monument.

LISTEN TO THESE IDIOT REPORTERS...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfn9P4PPAU4]"Kiss My Ass" Mitt Romney Aide Says To Reporter - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back