Romney's tax returns

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
There is a difference between capital gain taxes and income taxes.

After paying your income taxes on money that you have earned you risk that money by investing it and if your "RISK" pays off you pay taxes on that profit (Capital gains). Capital gains SHOULD be lower because you are taking a risk and paying ANOTHER tax. If people didn't take risks investing their hard earned money our country would be in shambles!

Romney releases 2011 tax return, paid 14.1 percent | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

There is a difference between capital gain taxes and income taxes.

After paying your income taxes on money that you have earned you risk that money by investing it and if your "RISK" pays off you pay taxes on that profit (Capital gains). Capital gains SHOULD be lower because you are taking a risk and paying ANOTHER tax. If people didn't take risks investing their hard earned money our country would be in shambles!

Romney releases 2011 tax return, paid 14.1 percent | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

They are brainwashed, you didn't earn that, the system gave it to you and they want their share, got it...

The major problem we have in this country is the education system is anti-capitalism!
The high schools teach businesses are bad, evil and so kids go to colleges where instructors are even more anti-capitalism!
Most people hear the word "profit" and associate it with evil. Greed. Disgusting.

Yet those people don't comprehend that "profit" means the business is going to be around next year!
And before that evil "profit" salaries were paid and even a more shocking revelation that I'm finding out MOST people don't know is
that the employer matches dollar for dollar the employee's SS/Medicare! And in fact today Employees pay less then the employer!

And so when idiots want businesses to go bankrupt i.e. Obama "it will just bankrupt them!" "or I prefer single payer" which means 1,300 health insurance companies -bankrupt...! they have NO IDEA that that means LOWER tax revenue! Lower SS/Medicare!
So where will it come from?

Again.. it is a direct correlation between being a stupid,liberal, progressive Obama supporter and being an anti-capitalist!

The high schools teach businesses are bad, evil and so kids go to colleges where instructors are even more anti-capitalism!

Um....you do realise this is nonsense, right?

Why do you think so many Americans choose to follow a Busines Studies/MBA education?

I paid 25%. I wish I'd been born into riches b/c I'd invest in all kinds of things. Way to go Mr. Romney! George that is...

But you see you could have been able to invest without being born into riches!

What smart people want you to be able to do is every time SS/Medicare is deducted and your employer's matching amount is sent to Washington it doesn't go there!
It goes to your local bank if you so choose. Or to your savings and loan. Or to govt. bonds. Or to anywhere you want it to go!
But you can't touch it! You can't take it out till you retire!
And so if over 35 years of working starting at age 25 you were able to if you so chose:
Put at $30,000/year for first ten years .. at pay raise of $45,000 next ten and so forth
at the end of 35 years YOU would have EVEN at a simple interest rate of 3% accumulated
$300,604! It would be YOURS! To use for retirement/medical etc.!
Now if over 35 years the average was 6% i.e. first 10 years being younger you can take riskier investments.. then older you get the less risk you would have: $596,726

almost $600,000 and all because YOU have the freedom to choose WHERE your SS/Medicare payments will go! NOT to pay someone else's retirement but YOURS!

That simple plan is what Romney/Ryan and anyone who understands the power of compound interest want for all Americans!

See if that happens there would be NO US DEBT!
NO concern about SS/Medicare continuity!

AND YOU could leave even if you used up $500,000 at least $100,000 to your kids.. and they would be "born rich"!!!

healthmyths:

I'm financially sound I know all about what to do with my money. It's hard for me to care about this election because both candidates are the same. It's teaparty vs. occupy but in the end whoever wins will take our money and do whatever they want with it. Do you know anything different?

The major problem we have in this country is the education system is anti-capitalism!
Most people hear the word "profit" and associate it with evil. Greed. Disgusting.

Yet those people don't comprehend that "profit" means the business is going to be around next year!
And before that evil "profit" salaries were paid and even a more shocking revelation that I'm finding out MOST people don't know is
that the employer matches dollar for dollar the employee's SS/Medicare! And in fact today Employees pay less then the employer!

And so when idiots want businesses to go bankrupt i.e. Obama "it will just bankrupt them!" "or I prefer single payer" which means 1,300 health insurance companies -bankrupt...! they have NO IDEA that that means LOWER tax revenue! Lower SS/Medicare!
So where will it come from?

Again.. it is a direct correlation between being a stupid,liberal, progressive Obama supporter and being an anti-capitalist!

I wish the schools were teaching kids that business was evil.

I honestly wish someone explained to me in college, "Joe, when you are done serving your country in the Army, when you get out in the business world, you will pretty much have to spend the next 35 years watching your back because someone will stick a big knife in it when you aren't looking."

Since you brought up Health Insurance. - How is it that every industrialized country with single payer spends less per capita, yet they have longer life expectencies and lower infant mortality rates? Hmmm....

Maybe they've found a way to treat people that doesn't involve giving scumbags like Ed Hanaway of Cigna a 72 Million dollar retirement bonus because he instituted policies like the one that denied Natalie Sarkisyan a liver transplant after her father paid all his premiums.

Carried interest in not Capital gains. -- It's bonus compensation.

And the hedge fund / private equity industry have found a way to scam the U.S.A.

The Carried Interest tax filing is how Romney gets out of paying taxes. And he doesn't even pay the the full 15%.

Your OP is a fail.

Forum List

Back