Romney’s Secrecy: Did He Get Away With It?

I will be devastated if Obama loses to Romney. Not because I think Obama is so great - but because I think Romney is so bad. I honestly believe Obama deserves a 2nd term. I believe he's earned it.

I honestly believe Obama deserves a 2nd term. I believe he's earned it.

You may think he earned it...but...

I don't think the rest of us deserve it.
We can't take another 4 years like these last 4.

I will be devastated if Obama loses to Romney. Not because I think Obama is so great - but because I think Romney is so bad. I honestly believe Obama deserves a 2nd term. I believe he's earned it.

How have Obama policies harmed you during the last 4 years? Try to fairly not include Bush actions and policies that are still harming America.

How have Obama policies harmed you during the last 4 years? Try to fairly not include Bush actions and policies that are still harming America.

Try to fairly not include Bush actions and policies that are still harming America.

That's easy for me to do Bush hasn't been President for the last 4 years.
Your guy has.... :eusa_hand:

Willard, who suddenly is no longer "severely conservative" will lose...simple as that

Want a bump, here ya go...:D

Lies, Damned Lies, and Goddamned Lies

By Douglas Hackleman
11/2/12

---

The tendentiously recreant hacks in the fourth estate aren't going to risk their standing with the port-listing elites to accept Obama's videotape challenge. But that is why we are all journalists now. (Calling him "President Flip Flop" in April, The Right Sphere provided what amounts to a dozen pages of topically sorted, fact-checked examples of Obama flip-flops.)

From among the many Obama tergiversations and reversals that could be provided on subjects great and small, one "evolution" in particular begs scrutiny. This example is sort of a twofer, because embedded in the videos that reveal this unusually venal flip-flop is an especially vile prevarication -- a lie which illustrates that the campaign for president by the first-term senator from Illinois was far more about the audacity of Obama than the audacity of hope.

Lies like snow...

A flip-flop does not have to be a lie. And lies come in as many variations as does snow to Eskimos: from the fibs meant to save someone pain (no, dear, you don't look fat) to the dodge meant to avoid pain (the dog ate my homework) to self-aggrandizing whoppers (I invented the internet) to fables meant to advance social-cultural musings (a "composite" girlfriend in Dreams from My Father) to the worst sort of calumnious ravings against an individual or group (or party) that inspire or fertilize racial and class animosity. That last, worst category describes Obama's June 6, 2007 remarks regarding the aftermath of hurricane Katrina videotaped before a mostly black audience at Hampton University in Virginia:

---

Read more: Articles: Lies, Damned Lies, and Goddamned Lies

Last edited:
It's funny when someone calls 'American Thinker' right wing hackery, then links to the HuffyPuffy. Irony. Makes me laugh.

Campaign 2012: The End of Political Truth?

By David Corn

Election Day will determine whether Mitt Romney will be rewarded for excessive fact-bending and outright lying.

The most significant public statement from a presidential campaign this year did not pass through the lips of a candidate. It came during the Republican convention in Tampa when Mitt Romney's pollster, Neil Newhouse, declared at a breakfast panel organized by ABC News, "We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers." With these words, Romney's chief numbers guy was issuing a manifesto: This campaign is about saying whatever needs to be said to win, reality and facts be damned. It was an appropriate slogan, for the 2012 campaign has been profoundly shaped by Romney's willingness to obfuscate and dissemble far beyond the admittedly low norm of modern American politics. This election was not only about a clash of political civilizations; it was about the end of political truth.

All politicians shade the truth—or lie. Various fact-checking outfits have rapped President Barack Obama for making false statements. But Romney pushed the envelope this election cycle. He didn't merely shift shapes and flip-flop excessively—or, flip-flop-flip, considering his last-minute, dare-devilish swerve toward the middle on abortion, gay rights, and immigration. He didn't only hype his past history and qualifications (I created 100,000 jobs at Bain!) and issue grand and hollow promises about his proposed policies (my economic plan will lead to 12 million jobs). He didn't just mislead through the selective use of facts (the Benghazi raid was proof of Obama's foreign policy fecklessness). Romney engaged in foundational lying.

The Republican presidential candidate built much of his campaign on basic untruths about the president. Romney blasted Obama for breaking a "promise" to keep unemployment below 8 percent. He claimed the president was "apologizing for America abroad." He accused Obama of adding "nearly as much debt as all the previous presidents combined" and of cutting $500 million from Medicare. None of this was true. (See here, here, here, and here.)

More: Campaign 2012: The End of Political Truth? | Mother Jones

Tax evasion in other country: I love how he just... Owns it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAcjntGQuCU]Jimmy Carr On Tax Evasion 8 out of 10 cats 22/6/2012 - YouTube[/ame]

This one doesn't have anything to do with anything... But it's Jimmy Carr, and I found it funny as hell...

Last edited by a moderator:
mitt-diff.jpg

Forum List

Back