Romney's Running for the 2012 Olympics was MASTERFUL!!!

Reversible Mittens DID save the 2002 Olympics and it was a good thing. We needed it. It was right after 9/11 and we needed to show the world that we would not be broken by terrorists.

The Olympics is another one of the good things Willard did that he can't talk about since he had to get a HUGE "government bailout" to make it happen.

Romney is a humble man. You don't hear him saying, "I saved the Olympics when nobody else could, I did it. How wonderfult I am." That is what Obama would be doing. "I, I, I!"

When it would be in his best interest to remind people of this accomplishment ( and whereabouts from 1999 until 2002), you just don't hear him spouting his own praises. That's not the kind of man he is.

LOL...yeah, it takes a real humble man to take credit for the auto bailout he opposed. :lol:

smoke and mirrors....

John Hunstman: $1million donation to the SLC Olympics followed by a $250million investment from Bain.

Others of the final tally of 53 corporate sponsors were already under Romney and Bain Capital’s influence. Marriott is led by close family friends — now campaign finance co-chairs; plus, Romney was sitting on the company’s board at the time. Sealy, which Bain Capital owned, became a sponsor. So did Monster.com, where one of Romney’s sons worked as a consultant. The vice-chair of General Motors was on Marriott’s board of directors with Romney, as were the directors of Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Sears; all became sponsors. Many other sponsors had extensive business dealings with Bain Capital companies, or had top-ranking executives with past connections to Bain Capital companies. And most of them have come through for Romney again, by donating to his campaign.

Daily Kos: Follow. The. Olympics. Money. Bain+Romney 1999-2001

seems the olympics werent as profitable as good friends who just happen to be rich

Yet, it made a PROFIT. Money out - money in > 0. No "smoke and mirrors", it's simple arithmetic.
A "PROFIT" off the backs of the American taxpayer you mean. In this video the two-faced lying POS is bragging about getting $410 MILLION taxpayer dollars from the evil federal government.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9S2daN0Kn8]Mitt Romney bragging about getting government money in 2002 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
smoke and mirrors....

John Hunstman: $1million donation to the SLC Olympics followed by a $250million investment from Bain.

Others of the final tally of 53 corporate sponsors were already under Romney and Bain Capital’s influence. Marriott is led by close family friends — now campaign finance co-chairs; plus, Romney was sitting on the company’s board at the time. Sealy, which Bain Capital owned, became a sponsor. So did Monster.com, where one of Romney’s sons worked as a consultant. The vice-chair of General Motors was on Marriott’s board of directors with Romney, as were the directors of Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Sears; all became sponsors. Many other sponsors had extensive business dealings with Bain Capital companies, or had top-ranking executives with past connections to Bain Capital companies. And most of them have come through for Romney again, by donating to his campaign.

Daily Kos: Follow. The. Olympics. Money. Bain+Romney 1999-2001

seems the olympics werent as profitable as good friends who just happen to be rich

Yet, it made a PROFIT. Money out - money in > 0. No "smoke and mirrors", it's simple arithmetic.
A "PROFIT" off the backs of the American taxpayer you mean. In this video the two-faced lying POS is bragging about getting $410 BILLION taxpayer dollars from the evil federal government.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9S2daN0Kn8]Mitt Romney bragging about getting government money in 2002 - YouTube[/ame]

So what? IT MADE A PROFIT: Money out - money in > 0.

What is so confusing about that?

Whenever I hear about the Olympics, I'm reminded of this little gem....[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eg3Ugi3WtM&feature=player_detailpage]about president barack obama 'special olympics' remark 19 march 2009 - YouTube[/ame]

A "PROFIT" off the backs of the American taxpayer you mean. In this video the two-faced lying POS is bragging about getting $410 BILLION taxpayer dollars from the evil federal government.

It made that "PROFIT" from the American taxpayer. Willard got $410 MILLION from the taxpayer and made a "PROFIT" of $56 million. Without the American taxpayer the LOSS would be $354 MILLION.

Last edited:

Mitt Romney bragging about getting government money in 2002 - YouTube

It made that "PROFIT" from the American taxpayer. Willard got $410MILLION from the taxpayer and made a "PROFIT" of $56 million. Without the American taxpayer the LOSS would be $354 MILLION.
So what? It made a PROFIT. It was NOT going to make a profit, and yet it DID make a profit.

Typical of the rw's get THIS happy about the biggest bailout in Olympics.

The TAX PAYERS bailed out the 2002 Olympics.

And so did OBama's boy, Ralph Lauren, so.............you're a hypocrit

Bullshit.

There is simply no way you can blame President Obama for uniforms made in China. OTOH, Mittens was running the Olympics when he signed off on outsourcing the uniforms.

I'd bet rw's will now say that even though he was in charge, Mittens was not really responsible. Just like Bain.

Typical of the rw's get THIS happy about the biggest bailout in Olympics.

The TAX PAYERS bailed out the 2002 Olympics.

And so did OBama's boy, Ralph Lauren, so.............you're a hypocrit

Bullshit.

There is simply no way you can blame President Obama for uniforms made in China. OTOH, Mittens was running the Olympics when he signed off on outsourcing the uniforms.

I'd bet rw's will now say that even though he was in charge, Mittens was not really responsible. Just like Bain.
There is so much fail in that post, it's hard to know where to start.

It made that "PROFIT" from the American taxpayer. Willard got $410MILLION from the taxpayer and made a "PROFIT" of $56 million. Without the American taxpayer the LOSS would be $354 MILLION.
So what? It made a PROFIT. It was NOT going to make a profit, and yet it DID make a profit.
And the entire "PROFIT" came from the American taxpayer. And that's using Willard's $410 MILLION figure. McCain had the GAO look into it and they came up with a $1.3 TRILLION dollar cost to the American taxpayer.

And yet, I remember so many cheering Chicago, ergo, the United States, NOT getting the 2016 Olympics.

link it!
Whenever CON$ervoFascists play dumb you know what they are pretending not to remember really happened.

Here is the radical right-wing extremist Americans For Prosperity (but not while Obama is president) cheering the loss of the Olympics and then again when it was on the first vote. CON$ervoFascists are America-hating scum.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3_Dd1gItVc]AFP Republicans Attendees Cheer Chicago Olympic Loss - Oct 2009 - YouTube[/ame]

I live in Chicago, many DEMOCRATS cheered also. They saw the massive debt ridden cities in the aftermath of Olympics and Chicago (like all of IL) is MASSIVELY in the red with debt over their heads. The security alone would have busted the budget.

That said, there was conservatives Chicagoans like me that were extremely bummed that the Olympics didn't come to Chicago. It would have been great for the local business community. I would have LOVED to bring my children to some events. It would have been awesome!

And the entire "PROFIT" came from the American taxpayer. And that's using Willard's $410 MILLION figure. McCain had the GAO look into it and they came up with a $1.3 TRILLION dollar cost to the American taxpayer.
I don't think you even know what profit means.

Money out - money in > 0.

It's just that simple.

Mitt Romney bragging about getting government money in 2002 - YouTube

You're the lying piece of shit here, Ed. Just because you put your lie in all caps doesn't make it true, Doofus.

Or do you not know the difference between 'million' and 'billion'?
It was a typo, :asshole:, I had million in other posts.

Last edited:
I don't think you even know what profit means.

Money out - money in > 0.

It's just that simple.
"Money in" from taxpayers means the profit was on the taxpayer's back.

Whenever CON$ervoFascists play dumb you know what they are pretending not to remember really happened.

Here is the radical right-wing extremist Americans For Prosperity (but not while Obama is president) cheering the loss of the Olympics and then again when it was on the first vote. CON$ervoFascists are America-hating scum.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3_Dd1gItVc]AFP Republicans Attendees Cheer Chicago Olympic Loss - Oct 2009 - YouTube[/ame]

I live in Chicago, many DEMOCRATS cheered also. They saw the massive debt ridden cities in the aftermath of Olympics and Chicago (like all of IL) is MASSIVELY in the red with debt over their heads. The security alone would have busted the budget.

That said, there was conservatives Chicagoans like me that were extremely bummed that the Olympics didn't come to Chicago. It would have been great for the local business community. I would have LOVED to bring my children to some events. It would have been awesome!
:link:

The main reason why Chicago lost the olympics was because obama went to Copenhagen with his insufferable wife. The two of them were so over the top arrogant, that the US lost on the first voting round.

Aside from that, Chicago is so violent, such a lawless and corrupt place, that even if the Olympic Committee had voted to hold the olympics there, they would have tried to get out of it. The olympics were held in Sarajevo BEFORE they had a civil war. Not DURING the civil war.

The main reason why Chicago lost the olympics was because obama went to Copenhagen with his insufferable wife. The two of them were so over the top arrogant, that the US lost on the first voting round.

Aside from that, Chicago is so violent, such a lawless and corrupt place, that even if the Olympic Committee had voted to hold the olympics there, they would have tried to get out of it. The olympics were held in Sarajevo BEFORE they had a civil war. Not DURING the civil war.

yeah, and then they chose rio. lol

Forum List

Back